• Mj

Votes: 50 73.5%
  • Prince

Votes: 18 26.5%

• Total voters

Sniper

All Star
Daps
To answer your question, the "King of the 80's" is no doubt MJ. The "King of Pop" is MJ.

Who's try best artist, Prince.

Scuti

Superstar
Daps
giphy.gif

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think MJ gets enough credit artistically and as a music composer.

Maybe he didn't know how to play every instrument, but he knew exactly which sounds he wanted and dictated how he wanted them laid down.

It's not like he just sang and danced.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Prince for me, he was great at everything he did, and the fact he could play so many instruments ontop of being a great performer and song writer? :smh: You could show up at one of his performances and he'd be just as amazing on the keys as he is with a guitar, shyt made no kind of sense how gifted he was.

I love em both though, but the edge to Prince.

This right here.......... have to say Prince is my fav through the 80's, 90, and 2000's........ When I heard Purple Rain it was a wrap......danced, wrote, and played guitar like no other......

I was a fan of Mike, I have both Thriller and Bad cd's at the house and that moonwalk is and always will be legendary.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
MJ was, Prince was more skilled when it came to creating music however.

MJ is a over all better artist, he touched people of all ages decade to decade.

Prince had more of a message and had raw musical talent when it came to creating music.

Both or icon's that will never be recreated.

Mj was no slouch with creating and what he would associate his name too either tho

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
MJ was the better dancer and better singer

Prince was the better musician, better writer, better producer basically better behind the scene shyt.

I say live performance is a tie. Mike gonna dance and Prince gonna play

I personally like Prince's discography better because it is more consistent and relate able

personally I like Prince better just because he and his music seems more relatable. Both were prodigies but I think the whole millionaire at 9 years old made Mike lose some of his humbleness. Mike seems like a guy who wouldn't keep it real with you (that media training as a youngsta) and caved in to trends (Teddy Riley as producer, Heavy D on his songs, working with the hot at the moment talent) while Prince just seemed more genuine like creative control matters and not jumping trends, I mean if you were a newer artist and Prince worked with you its more sincere like he actually fukks with you as opposed to Mike who would work with you as long as your name hot.

Last edited: