Religion/Spirituality Lets talk about the role of Africa in early Christianity..

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Egypt is often neglected when discussing the role of the growth of Christianity because we all know white historians have a terrible habit of either downplaying or ignoring all together the contributions of African in history. Many people are therefore likely unfamiliar with Egpyts role in the early periods of Christianity.

During Christianity's infancy, its followers were getting persecuted terribly, especially around 100-300 AD. It was very common for leaders in Axum (capital of early Ethiopia) to send soilders to protect persecuted christians all throughout Africa and the middle east, especially Yemen. They were even an integral member of the Council of Nicea, which convened around 325 AD, to establish universal truths that Christians across the world were going to adopt. The main concept they established that meeting was that Christ is fully God and Man, one and the same. Ethiopia, The Romans, The Byzantines, The latin kingdoms, East and Western Europe and and other powerful christian bishops of various Christian nations agreed upon these items.

However, it was during another council, called the Council of Chalcedon in 451, where the official SPLIT in the christian community arose. The European faction wanted to SEPARATE God into a divine being and a "human" form. {Of course this led to artists of the time creating the notorious "white Jesus" image that subsequently was used by demonic church leaders to indoctrinate people for millenia.} The Ethiopian Jews i'm sure realized this was a bad idea and SPLIT with the Christian Church, forming their own church based on monophysite philosophies. The Egyptians created the Coptic Church of Egypt, the Ethiopians created the Ethiopian Orthodox Church.

So this is just to explain that YES, Christianity was in Africa BEFORE the demonic slave traders arrived in the 1600's, waving their flyers with white Jesus and their edited and altered bibles. White folk simply turned Christianity into a vehicle for demonic brainwashing instead of a vehicle for salvation, and for that the devil has rewarded them handsomely...:devil:

Last edited:

emoney

custom user title
Daps
Christianity was in Egypt and Ethiopia (specifically) before European slave traders came in the 1500s (Spanish and Portuguese started sailed around the coast of West Africa starting with Cape Verde and Senegal and all the way down to the Congos and Angola in Central Africa). Egyptian and Ethiopian Christianity predates Greco-Roman/Latin type of Christianity that Europeans practice. But most Africans are not part of the Egyptian Coptic Church or the Ethiopian Tewado Church so..this point is moot. Don't bring "African" form of Christianity and use it as an excuse to be a Baptist, Anglican or any other type of denomination that most people Christian people of Black-African descent belong to.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Hiphoplives4eva said:
However, it was during another council, called the Council of Chalcedon in 451, where the official SPLIT in the christian community arose.

This isn't exactly true. Christianity was NEVER one contiguous group. There have always been disparate groups of Christians dating back to antiquity before they were even known as 'Christians'. The Council of Chalcedon wasn't even the first to suggest a 'split', that was actually Marcion of Sinope. There were also the Gnostics who had an entirely different view of what Christianity was while they, themselves, weren't even one contiguous group. It was some of the views they created almost 400 years prior that were debated in Chalcedon.​

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This isn't exactly true. Christianity was NEVER one contiguous group. There have always been disparate groups of Christians dating back to antiquity. The Council of Chalcedon wasn't even the first to suggest a 'split', that was actually Marcion of Sinope. There were also the Gnostics who had an entirely different view of what Christianity was while they, themselves, weren't even one contiguous group. It was some of the views they created almost 400 years prior that were debated in Chalcedon.​

:lupe:

Interesting. I didn't mean to insist that all Christians fell under one contiguous group, but i was under the impression that because Rome under Constantinople was the largest and most powerful christian nation at the time, they generally had the most influence in deciding Christian theology and law the world over, hence the vast participation of various Christian communities at the Council of Niacea. But yeah, there were many various sects and movements within the Christian community as well.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
our ancestors werent Ethiopian though :manny:

Well thats not entirely true. The Ethiopians are a very complex admixture of groups, with some influence from the Middle east, Nubia, central Africa. Also, as Ethiopia became more powerful and influential, they eventually overtook Kush, resulting in the Kushytes merging with the people of Axum, giving rise to the Ethiopian Kingdom.

Egypt has a similar story, however eventually Islam overran that region and the middle eastern influence predominated. But yea black people's had a very strong influence in the creation and development of both Ancient Egypt and Ethiopia.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Hiphoplives4eva said:
:lupe:

Interesting. I didn't mean to insist that all Christians fell under one contiguous group, but i was under the impression that because Rome under Constantinople was the largest and most powerful christian nation at the time, they generally had the most influence in deciding Christian theology and law the world over, hence the vast participation of various Christian communities at the Council of Niacea. But yeah, there were many various sects and movements within the Christian community as well.

Rome did, indeed, have the most influence, but that was only within their sphere of influence which culminated in the Nicean Council. Matter of fact, the whole reason for the Council was because different Church leaders throughout the Empire had differing views of Scripture. The Council effectively collected ALL the disparate theological views within it's demesnes and attempted to 'standardize' them.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I'd say Egypt's influences on Christianity have more to do with providing the template for the Jesus story, the mystery schools, there are lots of elements of Egyptian religion, folklore, etc that can be found in both the old and new testaments. It terms of the development of the religion after Egypt and Ethiopia kept certain books, scriptures, and practices alive. The Beta Israel(Ethiopian Jews) practice a very ancient form of Judaism so Africa's efforts to me have more to do with keeping alive certain aspects of Christianity/Judaism not found in the better known versions of the religion.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
Well thats not entirely true. The Ethiopians are a very complex admixture of groups, with some influence from the Middle east, Nubia, central Africa. Also, as Ethiopia became more powerful and influential, they eventually overtook Kush, resulting in the Kushytes merging with the people of Axum, giving rise to the Ethiopian Kingdom.

Egypt has a similar story, however eventually Islam overran that region and the middle eastern influence predominated. But yea black people's had a very strong influence in the creation and development of both Ancient Egypt and Ethiopia.

I wouldn't call it a merger, it was more of a conquest.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
I keep telling people that black people were the original folks who wrote & made the stories the bible but no one wants to believe me :snoop:

This is not true.

Having influence or inspiring something is very different than actually creating and developing it.

Black/African people did the former not the latter.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
I'd say Egypt's influences on Christianity have more to do with providing the template for the Jesus story, the mystery schools, there are lots of elements of Egyptian religion, folklore, etc that can be found in both the old and new testaments. It terms of the development of the religion after Egypt and Ethiopia kept certain books, scriptures, and practices alive. The Beta Israel(Ethiopian Jews) practice a very ancient form of Judaism so Africa's efforts to me have more to do with keeping alive certain aspects of Christianity/Judaism not found in the better known versions of the religion.

They don't practice an ancient form of Judaism.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
2Quik4UHoes said:

Jesus was an historical figure. No template was necessary for that. What he actually said and did is heavily debated due to the lack of written records. Animism, the chief religion of most African cultures, was the template for every other religion on the planet. Most of the OT is concerned with not following the Egyptian influences while the NT is concerned with the Hellenization of Judaism since none of the NT writers were of the opinion that they were creating a different religion. They were just extending Judaism to Gentiles and this is apparent when reading the epistles of Paul who, by the way, is the author of the earliest known writing in the NT: 1 Thessalonians c. 50 CE.

The original form of Judaism was unable to be practiced due to the destruction of the Second Temple around 70 CE. Since then, Rabbinical Judaism has been the way Hebrews have practiced......except for the Ethiopian Jews who adhered as much as possible to the original form.​

Last edited:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
This is not true.

Having influence or inspiring something is very different than actually creating and developing it.

Black/African people did the former not the latter.

that might work on someone else breh but not the kid.
I read the bible for myself and I know what it says. Black folks made that bible point blank..especially the old testament