Religion/Spirituality Lets talk about the role of Africa in early Christianity..

emoney

custom user title
Daps
that might work on someone else breh but not the kid.
I read the bible for myself and I know what it says. Black folks made that bible point blank..especially the old testament

ok, if you say so (sarcasm)

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook

Jesus was an historical figure. No template was necessary for that. What he actually said and did is heavily debated due to the lack of written records. Animism, the chief religion of most African cultures, was the template for every other religion on the planet. Most of the OT is concerned with not following the Egyptian influences while the NT is concerned with the Hellenization of Judaism since none of the NT writers were of the opinion that they were creating a different religion. They were just extending Judaism to Gentiles and this is apparent when reading the epistles of Paul who, by the way, is the author of the earliest known writing in the NT: 1 Thessalonians c. 50 CE.

The original form of Judaism was unable to be practiced due to the destruction of the Second Temple around 70 CE. Since then, Rabbinical Judaism has been the way Hebrews have practiced......except for the Ethiopian Jews who adhered as much as possible to the original form.​
Link. Please this time no guys saying "Rome is real, therefore so was Jesus"

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
@emoney

Ethiopian Jews ain't even know about Hanukkah before emigrating to Israel en masse, they were pretty isolated since they had to deal with both Christian and Muslim conquerors in the region. So the practices they kept or never had in this instance suggests migration to Ethiopia at a very early period of history.

Tacitus and Josephus both made references to a Jesus of Nazareth who was crucified and had a group of followers.

Last edited:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
The Queen of Sheba Visits Solomon

10 When the queen of Sheba heard about the fame of Solomon and his relationship to the Lord, she came to test Solomon with hard questions. 2 Arriving at Jerusalem with a very great caravan—with camels carrying spices, large quantities of gold, and precious stones—she came to Solomon and talked with him about all that she had on her mind. 3 Solomon answered all her questions; nothing was too hard for the king to explain to her. 4 When the queen of Sheba saw all the wisdom of Solomon and the palace he had built, 5 the food on his table, the seating of his officials, the attending servants in their robes, his cupbearers, and the burnt offerings he made at[a] the temple of the Lord, she was overwhelmed.

The queen of sheba that visited solomon was black

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
well, I'm not a Christian.... but even non christian historians aren't denying the man... they just deny god and religion in general.

Flavor Flav Josephus talkked about him and his people and family. Tacitus.[URL='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus'] [/URL]
Babylonians talked about him.
Dead Sea scroll are pretty good. They are controversial and debatable... but the people on the deny Jesus side only have weak struggle arguments because it's a literal old ass document that laid out early Christianity. Idk wtf they are arguing against.
ntm, there are particular people in history that are accepted as existing based on 1 drawing, one reference, one mention, etc. There is much more evidence for this man.

There aren't serious mainstream scholars that don't believe he didn't exist.

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
well, I'm not a Christian.... but even non christian historians aren't denying the man... they just deny god and religion in general.

Flavor Flav Josephus talkked about him and his people and family. Tacitus.
Babylonians talked about him.
Dead Sea scroll are pretty good. They are controversial and debatable... but the people on the deny Jesus side only have weak struggle arguments because it's a literal old ass document that laid out early Christianity. Idk wtf they are arguing against.
ntm, there are particular people in history that are accepted as existing based on 1 drawing, one reference, one mention, etc. There is much more evidence for this man.

There aren't serious mainstream scholars that don't believe he didn't exist.
Incorrect. There is not any evidence for the Jesus fellow, but historians dont want to pile on. Everyone knows the Josepus writing is a forgery, those same historians youre talking about know this. So, considering there are literally ZERO historians from the time period of Jesus to write about him, what are these historians basing their opinions on? This is one of the things I like about history, you dont have to be an expert to ask, "Okay what evidence do we have?"

The answer is none. Unless you would like to link me to it? I'd gladly change my opinion based on evidence.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This is all shyt we should know as adults. It would be better to discuss why the roots of Christianity was cut off from Africa. The entire idea around the savior existed in African long before these hebrew religions... This was buried when European explorations began. Many of the symbol, customs, and beliefs found in the old testament were around a couple thousand years before moses.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Incorrect. There is not any evidence for the Jesus fellow, but historians dont want to pile on. Everyone knows the Josepus writing is a forgery, those same historians youre talking about know this. So, considering there are literally ZERO historians from the time period of Jesus to write about him, what are these historians basing their opinions on? This is one of the things I like about history, you dont have to be an expert to ask, "Okay what evidence do we have?"

The answer is none. Unless you would like to link me to it? I'd gladly change my opinion based on evidence.
I studied this in school. There is a ton of evidence. There aren't modern scholars, historians that say he didn't exist. The people at THE History Channel don't even put people up there that say Jesus didn't exist because those people are a joke in the world of history.

lol, I hope you're aware that there are literally millions of people we say for certain existed -are based on ancient writings and testimonies. Some of the most 'important' people of the ancient world weren't written about til centuries later not even by ancient historians, but by their partners and scribes... and 0% of people say any of those people didn't exist because saying that is like saying history itself didn't exist.

Based on what ur struggling to say... we can't say for sure that Juilus Ceaser, The Buddha, or Ramses the II existed.
:rudy:

Authors spoke on Jesus' friends, family, etc. Paul existed and there are nearly 0% of historians that deny that. Their 0 legitimate historians that deny Paul existed.. and even Paul wrote about Jesus. NTM there aren't any scholars of the ancient world who are agnostic, atheist, etc... that deny paul writing galatians.

There are some other videos but I will use this one because it's a mainstream historian who is agnostic dealing with a person who seems like you..... strangely invested in denying a person existed who all historians say existed.

It would be different if the majority of the people who prove his existence were Christians --- They aren't.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
This is all shyt we should know as adults. It would be better to discuss why the roots of Christianity was cut off from Africa. The entire idea around the savior existed in African long before these hebrew religions... This was buried when European explorations began. Many of the symbol, customs, and beliefs found in the old testament were around a couple thousand years before moses.

Yup, Animism is the religion most African cultures practiced for thousands of years prior to interactions with white men. And Egypt was really the first culture that really spread the African ideals world wide, due to its power and influence during its peak. Most modern religions are essentially variations of the original African religions.

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
Please link me to the evidence these people are basing their "opinion" on.

I have already listed to Ehrman, he is a biblical scholar, must less a historian, and his argument is basically that the person in the bible, is not historical. The question is how far away from biblical descriptions do we have to get before we're not talking about the same person. Unless your argument (and this is extremely weak) is that there was a person named Yeshua... for which the bible itself gives us at least two so in essence itd be like me trying to argue spider man existed by showing you my friend Peter exists.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Please link me to the evidence these people are basing their "opinion" on.

I have already listed to Ehrman, he is a biblical scholar, must less a historian, and his argument is basically that the person in the bible, is not historical. The question is how far away from biblical descriptions do we have to get before we're not talking about the same person. Unless your argument (and this is extremely weak) is that there was a person named Yeshua... for which the bible itself gives us at least two so in essence itd be like me trying to argue spider man existed by showing you my friend Peter exists.

Yeah..... amigo - to be honest with you. There are college classes on ancient history. You could go to the most liberal school in the Northeast... they aren't denying Jesus there. Jesus deniers are basically = Obama Birthers in the mainstream.