Lupe Fiasco & Joe Budden Go Back And Forth Over Andre 3000 Criticism

KingsOfKings

š”»š•£š•–š•’š•ž š•„š•–š•£š•”š•™š•’š•Ÿš•„
Daps
lupe-fiasco-joe-budden-tweet.jpg

joe-budden-lupe.webp

Lupe Fiasco is someone who has consistently made great music. Overall, he is a beloved artist in the hip-hop world, and that will never change. However, not every move he has made has been celebrated. For example, he recently decided to rap over some of Andre 3000's instrumentals on New Blue Sun. This captured the attention of none other than Joe Budden. Budden took to his podcast and had some strong words for Lupe, noting that it was a bad move. Ultimately, he was not a fan of the new music.

Lupe decided to respond to Budden on Twitter. Below, you can see that he posted some images that displays how Lupe has a lot more listeners than Joe does. "ā€œWe donā€™t chase whatā€™s been already achieved. Victory laps sometimes look like qualifiers especially from the stands [MENTION=403233]JoeBudden[/MENTION]. New Blue Sun now streaming on all platforms," he wrote. Subsequently, Budden clapped back, simply saying "Lupe is him. That flute shyt was worse than assā€¦ 2 things can be trueā€¦ stop lying to your favorite artists for 2024, you might get better product.ā€

Eventually, these tweets were deleted. In their wake, Budden went back on Twitter and simply wrote: "Spoke to Lupe, I still love him. lol." This was quote-tweeted by Lupe who simply gave a thumbs up. Ultimately, it seems like the two are on good terms right now. However, this is just yet another example of how Budden has always been very critical of his peers. He is not afraid to be critical, and it typically leads to back and forths like the one above.

Now that this situation has been resolved, let us know who you believe is in the right, in the comments section down below. Also, should more artists give their vocals to the Andre album?

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Joe Budden doesnā€™t know what good/non-ass music is tho, thatā€™s the point that keeps being ignored, šŸ˜†. If he knew, he wouldnā€™t be a full time podcaster right now. His music career failed because his music sucked/wasnā€™t workingā€¦he thought that shyt was fire. Follow me? Thatā€™s my only qualm with boyā€™s harsh music critiquesā€¦heā€™d be more qualified to tell someone their podcast is ass, šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Heā€™s already been in the ring, with those people at that.

If they care so deeply about his opinion then he doesnā€™t really need to do anything. Itā€™s like someone getting mad at Shaq or Chuck for the opinions
No itā€™s not. Shaq and Chuck are two of the 50 greatest players in the history of basketballā€¦their basketball opinions rightfully hold weight. Joe Budden is, for all intents and purposes, a one hit wonder. Lupeā€™s career in music drastically outweighs Buddenā€™s career in music, itā€™s not even a discussion. To go back to your wild comparison, itā€™s more like Nick Anderson telling Shaq and Chuck what they shoulda been doing on the court, lol, youā€™re not qualified sir. You never experienced the heights theyā€™ve reached, critically or success wise, but you tryna drop jewels? Shut up and go pump somethin up or sumn, pause

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
No itā€™s not. Shaq and Chuck are two of the 50 greatest players in the history of basketballā€¦their basketball opinions rightfully hold weight. Joe Budden is, for all intents and purposes, a one hit wonder. Lupeā€™s career in music drastically outweighs Buddenā€™s career in music, itā€™s not even a discussion. To go back to your wild comparison, itā€™s more like Nick Anderson telling Shaq and Chuck what they shoulda been doing on the court, lol, youā€™re not qualified sir. You never experienced the heights theyā€™ve reached, critically and success wise, but you tryna drop jewels? Shut up and go pump somethin up or sumn, pause

Yet, every single opinion budden has gets a new thread made for it or trends on twitter. Seems like for a nobody, everyone seems to care about everything he says.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yet, every single opinion budden has gets a new thread made for it or trends on twitter. Seems like for a nobody, everyone seems to care about everything he says.
Because he has a big platformā€¦thatā€™s it, heā€™s salacious and talks crazy so his podcast grabs listeners, thatā€™s why anyone responds. Itā€™s not because they respect his opinion, šŸ˜‚, if his podcast was as unpopular as his music you think anyone would respond?

I donā€™t listen to him but I think Budden is a great talker, itā€™s fire to me that he found his way in podcastingā€¦it coulda been talk radio or sumn, heā€™s good at that, madd polarizing and opinionated and fake passionate about it, lol. Salute to him. Iā€™m saying tho, yeah, this music stuff? Heā€™s not qualified championā€¦especially not to tell a grammy award winning, platinum artist what he should and shouldnā€™t be doing. Nigs should take boy musical advice if they want to put out wack music, get deleted out the music biz, then go pursue podcasting..

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Because he has a big platformā€¦thatā€™s it, heā€™s salacious and talks crazy so his podcast grabs listeners, thatā€™s why anyone responds. Itā€™s not because they respect his opinion, šŸ˜‚, if his podcast was as unpopular as his music you think anyone would respond?

I donā€™t listen to him but I think Budden is a great talker, itā€™s fire to me that he found his way in podcastingā€¦it coulda been talk radio or sumn, heā€™s good at that, madd polarizing and opinionated and fake passionate about it, lol. Salute to him. Iā€™m saying tho, yeah, this music stuff? Heā€™s not qualified championā€¦especially not to tell a grammy award winning, platinum artist what he should and shouldnā€™t be doing. Nigs should take your musical advice if they want to put out wack music, get deleted out the music biz, then go pursue podcasting..

I mean, itā€™s a contradiction to say no one cares what he says, but he has a huge platform. He has a huge platform because he built it saying shyt.

And a lot of people in the industry respect Joeā€™s actual rapping ability, maybe not his ability to sell records.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, itā€™s a contradiction to say no one cares what he says, but he has a huge platform. He has a huge platform because he built it saying shyt.

And a lot of people in the industry respect Joeā€™s actual rapping ability, maybe not his ability to sell records.
Youā€™re ignoring my qualm sir, lol, I donā€™t care about who cares about what he says. Him trying to tell an artist insanely superior to him on every level what they should and shouldnā€™t be doing with their art is the thingā€¦itā€™s crazy when you really think about it, lol. You can not like something and voice itā€¦thatā€™s coolā€¦but tryna speak with some sort of finality in your tone is hilarious when you yourself are lowkey the definition of ass, in comparison

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

I donā€™t listen to him but I think Budden is a great talker, itā€™s fire to me that he found his way in podcastingā€¦it coulda been talk radio or sumn, heā€™s good at that, madd polarizing and opinionated and fake passionate about it, lol. Salute to him. Iā€™m saying tho, yeah, this music stuff? Heā€™s not qualified championā€¦especially not to tell a grammy award winning, platinum artist what he should and shouldnā€™t be doing. Nigs should take boy musical advice if they want to put out wack music, get deleted out the music biz, then go pursue podcasting..

Yeah the platform is big enough but despite how much nikkas clown him for having one hit, he is/was a respected MC/lyricist.

If AK had said the flute bars was ultimately some weirdo shyt and unneeded, WHICH WAS 100% TRUE BTW even as a certified Lupe stan, I doubt he would have been as interested in going back and forth and making comparisons.

It wasn't too long ago that Lupe asked to join HIS group so that Nick Anderson shyt doesn't quite compute.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah the platform is big enough but despite how much nikkas clown him for having one hit, he is/was a respected MC/lyricist.

If AK had said the flute bars was ultimately some weirdo shyt and unneeded, WHICH WAS 100% TRUE BTW even as a certified Lupe stan, I doubt he would have been as interested in going back and forth and making comparisons.

It wasn't too long ago that Lupe asked to join HIS group so that Nick Anderson shyt doesn't quite compute.
I like the flute joint and think he killed itā€¦so that ā€œ100% trueā€ talk doesnā€™t compute Champ

What does compute tho is the fact thatā€¦Iā€™m sure plenty of great players wanted to be on Nick Andersonā€™s teamā€¦cause Shaq and Penny was on it. Lol. Dont get it twisted tho, Budden can rapā€¦itā€™s just his career tanked brutally just like Nickā€™s. Budden didnā€™t critique Lupeā€™s rappingā€¦if that was the discussion then thatā€™s something elseā€¦heā€™s saying the music was assā€¦which is hilarious considering how glute-heavy his career was

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Youā€™re ignoring my qualm sir, lol, I donā€™t care about who cares about what he says. Him trying to tell an artist insanely superior to him on every level what they should and shouldnā€™t be doing with their art is the thingā€¦itā€™s crazy when you really think about it, lol. You can not like something and voice itā€¦thatā€™s coolā€¦but tryna speak with some sort of finality in your tone is hilarious when you yourself are lowkey the definition of ass, in comparison

He has more validity for critiquing music then we do, and we do it every day. None of us have the musical knowledge to critique a drake or nas album but we get on here and express our opinions on it. Same with sports, none of us can play like even the bummiest NBA players but we get on here and act like if we were coaching the knicks we could get them to a chip In record time.

If any of us could start a podcast and have ā€superiror artistsā€ lash out at our opinions we would all be doing it. Like it or not, people take Joes opinion on music seriously for a multitude of reasons.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Was very surprised to see Lupe respond to Joe. Must mean that he actually cares about Joe's opinion. :manny: Drake responded the way he did out of insecurity, but Lupe doesn't strike me as a prideful person to the point of pulling out the "i am more successful than you" card.