Lupe Fiasco & Joe Budden Go Back And Forth Over Andre 3000 Criticism

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I like the flute joint and think he killed it…so that “100% true” talk doesn’t compute Champ

What does compute tho is the fact that…I’m sure plenty of great players wanted to be on Nick Anderson’s team…cause Shaq and Penny was on it. Lol. Dont get it twisted tho, Budden can rap…it’s just his career tanked brutally just like Nick’s

It was 100% true to me. I check for Lupe everything but that was come and go.

And The Orlando Magic wasn't Nicks team, he was just on it.

Slaughterhouse was a spin off from a Joe Budden project.

Everything about that group begins and ironcally ends with Joe. They were at their best when they were making 'mood muzik' and letting him set the tone for the content.

Him not keeping up with xyz commercially doesn't negate any of the skill, influence or the fact that he only has a big enough platform because of what he did with his pen.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I think there's something inherently lame about rushing out to be the first person to rap over a sample from a new album, even worse a new album specifically designed and stated to be an attempt to NOT be rap. Andre doesn't want any part of that shyt. Sure he never said "don't rap over my shyt" but I feel like he didn't need to say it. It's obvious. And rushing out the gate to do it, while saying nothing, kind of lends itself to his criticism of rap.

This is clout. Slap some raps on there, announce to the world it's "produced by Andre 3000" or "featuring Andre 3000" or whatever else.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I think there's something inherently lame about rushing out to be the first person to rap over a sample from a new album, even worse a new album specifically designed and stated to be an attempt to NOT be rap. Andre doesn't want any part of that shyt. Sure he never said "don't rap over my shyt" but I feel like he didn't need to say it. It's obvious. And rushing out the gate to do it, while saying nothing, kind of lends itself to his criticism of rap.

This is clout. Slap some raps on there, announce to the world it's "produced by Andre 3000" or "featuring Andre 3000" or whatever else.
I mean its all nasty to be honest

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Joe Budden is, for all intents and purposes, a one hit wonder. Lupe’s career in music drastically outweighs Budden’s career in music, it’s not even a discussion.

Oh, it is absolutely a discussion.

Joe Budden’s music is regarded very much the same as Lupe: rappers respected for their craft and lyricism despite lack of mainstream appeal.

If you don’t like Joe budden as a person, just say that. But to try and pull rank in a discussion including Lupe fukking Fiasco ngga please. They are 1 in the same

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was very surprised to see Lupe respond to Joe. Must mean that he actually cares about Joe's opinion. :manny: Drake responded the way he did out of insecurity, but Lupe doesn't strike me as a prideful person to the point of pulling out the "i am more successful than you" card.
lol @ "Doesn't striker me as a prideful person".

Every Lupe fiasco action over the past 16 years indicates bro is note only prideful but will self destruct over his pride.

Daps
Oh, it is absolutely a discussion.

Joe Budden’s music is regarded very much the same as Lupe: rappers respected for their craft and lyricism despite lack of mainstream appeal.

If you don’t like Joe budden as a person, just say that. But to try and pull rank in a discussion including Lupe fukking Fiasco ngga please. They are 1 in the same
Lupe is eons beyond Budden.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Lupe is eons beyond Budden.

That statement doesn’t mean anything. Bc by
bashing Joe budden you signal that you don’t care about content and skill you’re only going by popularity

So by that metric, to the masses Lupe Fiasco is a fukking nerd :beli: A goofy who’s into karate and skateboards n shyt. ‘Pump it up’ meet ‘Kick Push’. So again i have no idea why you’d chose to take that angle