Lupe Fiasco & Joe Budden Go Back And Forth Over Andre 3000 Criticism

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Oh, it is absolutely a discussion.

Joe Budden’s music is regarded very much the same as Lupe: rappers respected for their craft and lyricism despite lack of mainstream appeal.

If you don’t like Joe budden as a person, just say that. But to try and pull rank in a discussion including Lupe fukking Fiasco ngga please. They are 1 in the same

Lupe accomplished wayyyyyyy more mainstream appeal than Budden dod whilst STILL being a lyrical and conceptual beast.

Budden is just a woman beating sociopath with a flare for the dramatic

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Lupe accomplished wayyyyyyy more mainstream appeal than Budden dod whilst STILL being a lyrical and conceptual beast.

Budden is just a woman beating sociopath with a flare for the dramatic

And Lupe is a 4 eyed nerd who makes albums about his imaginary friend. Micheal Young History :dead: He’s never been accused of beating a chick bc he’s never associated with a chick :pachaha: He’s a lame…We can do this all day :beli:

Also yea Lupe has more mainstream success. But it ain’t ‘waYYyYy’ more. It’s like clowning a dude for wifing a 3 when you wifed a 4.

Sidenote a quick search and Joe budden debut album actually sold more than Food and Liqour :lupe::heh:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
That statement doesn’t mean anything. Bc by
bashing Joe budden you signal that you don’t care about content and skill you’re only going by popularity

So by that metric, to the masses Lupe Fiasco is a fukking nerd :beli: A goofy who’s into karate and skateboards n shyt. ‘Pump it up’ meet ‘Kick Push’. So again i have no idea why you’d chose to take that angle
Are you saying Joe budden music catalog is better or just as good as Lupe’s music catalog or that the both one hit wonders?

Daps
That statement doesn’t mean anything. Bc by
bashing Joe budden you signal that you don’t care about content and skill you’re only going by popularity

So by that metric, to the masses Lupe Fiasco is a fukking nerd :beli: A goofy who’s into karate and skateboards n shyt. ‘Pump it up’ meet ‘Kick Push’. So again i have no idea why you’d chose to take that angle

When did I bash Joe Budden? Stating that Lupe is better does not make Budden wack :wtf:

Regarding content and skill, Lupe is considerably better than Joe Budden from a critical & mainstream standpoint. I enjoy Budden's music, but to say they are the same is laughable.

Why would an artist like Lupe care about the thought processes of the masses?
Kick Push is a mainstream record demonstrating content and skill. Jay-Z wasn't executive producing Joe Budden (2003) :dead:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The angle that Joe Budden is "underground and nobody listens to him" in defense of Lupe Fiasco is the pot calling the kettle black.

shyt is K-Rino vs. Canibus-tier as far as relevancy to the general public.

I swear I come on The Coli and it's the fukking twilight zone.

No JID? No Denzel Curry? No one that anyone under 28 years old actually fukking listens to?

Just Lupe fiasco and Kid Cudi ? Or Ether vs. Takeover posts?

I swear to GOD The Coli is out of fukking touch bro.
Got damn.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
When did I bash Joe Budden? Stating that Lupe is better does not make Budden wack :wtf:

Regarding content and skill, Lupe is considerably better than Joe Budden from a critical & mainstream standpoint. I enjoy Budden's music, but to say they are the same is laughable.

Why would an artist like Lupe care about the thought processes of the masses?
Kick Push is a mainstream record demonstrating content and skill. Jay-Z wasn't executive producing Joe Budden (2003) :dead:

This entire statement is stupid :heh:

First, why do you keep bringing up mainstream success as a barometer. I mentioned it to prove a point but you using it to flex??? Rappers far worse than Budden have sold far more the Lupe. So they could use your same logic to dismiss Lupe :wtf:

So, let’s toss out mainstream success shall we

Once we do that, you’re doing the classic ‘im gonna state my opinion very definitively and pass it off as fact’. I’ll put my hip hop bonafides up against yours any day and no, Lupe is not ‘considerably better’ than Budden he’s not better than him at all. Food and Liqour Lupe was. That Lupe was a future goat. But Lupe went left and his shyt became wack. He’s an Eminem, Canibus. Really great technically but no replay value, no personality, just gimmicky cornball music. Budden’s lyricism, realness, vulnerability, and depth >>>>. Lupe’s secret decoder ring bars

It’s a difference between metaphors and real rap :umad:

Daps
This entire statement is stupid :heh:

First, why do you keep bringing up mainstream success as a barometer. I mentioned it to prove a point but you using it to flex??? Rappers far worse than Budden have sold far more the Lupe. So they could use your same logic to dismiss Lupe :wtf:

So, let’s toss out mainstream success shall we

Once we do that, you’re doing the classic ‘im gonna state my opinion very definitively and pass it off as fact’. I’ll put my hip hop bonafides up against yours any day and no, Lupe is not ‘considerably better’ than Budden he’s not better than him at all. Food and Liqour Lupe was. That Lupe was a future goat. But Lupe went left and his shyt became wack. He’s an Eminem, Canibus. Really great technically but no replay value, no personality, just gimmicky cornball music. Budden’s lyricism, realness, vulnerability, and depth >>>>. Lupe’s secret decoder ring bars

It’s a difference between metaphors and real rap :umad:

In a discussion, people generally refute other people's points. Is this news to you? Context is also key, as you glossed over the Jay-Z reference.

Since we are discarding a barometer you decided to include, let's get into the actual music. No need to even touch Food & Liquor.

Lyricism & Realness:

Vulnerability:

Lyricism, Realness, and Depth:

---

"They say I try too hard, verses overwhelm
I learned most of this from nikkas sitting in jail
Where you think I'm from? I'm from the streets, nikka
Triple OGs told me to teach, nikka
And that ain't made up, nope, that's a fact
They say that gangsta shyt is the shyt I rap
"

Once again Calicoe (:troll:), I am a fan of Budden and agree those are all attributes of Budden's music. If you want to compare their mixtape catalogs, I concede there is a discussion to be had.

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lupe fiasco is pretty much a one hit wonder.

Most people only really care about Kick, Push and Lupe lost most of his relevancy after The Cool.

He is pretty much only propped up by people who want to talk "Lyricism" but only listen to Lupe fiasco as
far as lyricists go or their "Lyricists" are just the old guard (which most of y'all put Lupe over).

These same clowns will never talk about Aesop Rock or El-P or even other legit "Traditional" spitters like Phonte or Elzhi.

This is why the booth is so bad when it comes to lyricism or artistry discussions, y'all talk about the same five rappers all of the time.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lupe fiasco is pretty much a one hit wonder.

Most people only really care about Kick, Push and Lupe lost most of his relevancy after The Cool.

He is pretty much only propped up by people who want to talk "Lyricism" but only listen to Lupe fiasco as
far as lyricists go or their "Lyricists" are just the old guard (which most of y'all put Lupe over).

These same clowns will never talk about Aesop Rock or El-P or even other legit "Traditional" spitters like Phonte or Elzhi.

This is why the booth is so bad when it comes to lyricism or artistry discussions, y'all talk about the same five rappers all of the time.

This is bogus. Lupe has more than one hit: "Superstar", "Show Goes On", and a couple of others.

Name ONE other Joe Budden hit other than "Pump It Up".

Sean7

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is bogus. Lupe has more than one hit: "Superstar", "Show Goes On", and a couple of others.

Name ONE other Joe Budden hit other than "Pump It Up".
Yeah, he had Kick Push too. Daydream was another I believe that got some play. He is not a one hit wonder.
I like Budden mixtape series as someone said (Mood Music and Escape Route) but as far as "hits" go he had Pump It Up as you said and really not much else after that. I don't care about mainstream shyt but that is true.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, he had Kick Push too. Daydream was another I believe that got some play. He is not a one hit wonder.
I like Budden mixtape series as someone said (Mood Music and Escape Route) but as far as "hits" go he had Pump It Up as you said and really not much else after that. I don't care about mainstream shyt but that is true.

And most importantly, Lupe dropped albums that people actually cared about. Budden had a whole group album drop on Shady with big name features and producers only to have it flop too.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Joe budden was a far more capable rapper than Royce when it came to disses. I don't think he'd be as easy an opponent for Lupe as Royce was.
Joe has more shyt to shyt on

Lupe stays out the spotlight and takes it easy