Reppin
gboro, kakalak
CO$MIC

dayo-odeyingbo-colts-via-robert-scheer---indystar---usa-today-network.jpg

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Remote I understand the premise of your post, but Wew Welker was one of the greatest route runners/ unguardable players in league history. He wasnt just above average or good, he dominated. As far as Mac Jones goes, I knew he was a fraud when he went and got a patent for MJ10. Showed me he was a guy that focused on the wrong things and believed his own hype. And when he screamed in agony when he sprained his ankle. What a p*ssy!!
Wes Welker was an okay player in Miami.

Then had good years with Tom Brady and Peyton Manning running underneath.

He wasn't Steve Smith level. He was just in the right situations.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
He’d look great in San Francisco…

I’m not here to defend Mac Jones BUT he’s dealing with a terrible GM and poor coaching staff. That organization doesn’t value skill position talent, constantly whiffs in drafts and expects QBs to just be Brady IE the best ever.

We’re about to have a draft where NE has a top 5 pick yet I’d bet money that Marvin Harrison Jr won’t be in the top ten of their draft board. I’m not saying NE needs to draft Harrison Jr, the point is that their assessment of talent is fukked beyond repair. You can pretty much guarantee they will draft someone in the top 5 who isn’t a top 15 prospect.

:scust: keep that bytch where he is. We didn't draft him when we had a chance and for good reason. We coulda kept Jimmy G if that was the case.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Wes Welker was an okay player in Miami.

Then had good years with Tom Brady and Peyton Manning running underneath.

He wasn't Steve Smith level. He was just in the right situations.
He wasnt really giving opportunities because of perception. He was seen as a small, slow, white guy who could probably only contribute on special teams. Brady and Manning werent running routes for him. They didnt instill him with the heart and toughness to take the brutal hits that were required to do his job at peak performance. It is disrespectful to attribute all his excellent play to Brady/Manning. They had plenty WRs that they couldnt get productivity out of. He was young and he obviously had to develop. WRs back then didnt often burst onto the scene as rookies and dominate. There are plenty of WRs who didnt break out until they got to other teams and got better opportunities. Cris Carter, Joe Horn, Jimmy Smith, Keenan McCardell, etc..Steve Smith was an elite talent/player who may someday be in the Hall of Fame. There is no shame in not being as good as him.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
The writing is on the wall. It's time for :beli: to bow out. He's missed the chance to do it gracefully, so now it's time to tuck tail and just go. Brady left and won another ring and kept the Buccaneers in the playoffs his whole time there. He's lost the argument of who was it Brady or Belichick, we now have all the answers we need. He was never a good coach to begin with before Brady fell into his lap. He's gonna go out like Phil Jackson, he won all the rings but his so-called greatness is diminished because of the all time great players he had. Phil was winning rings and ppl were still saying Popavich is a better coach. Andy Reid might get more praise than Belichick when it's all said and done. Dude too stubborn to embrace change so hopefully the kick him out like he did so many players over the yrs.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im not convinced this is all Mac Jones fault. its :beli:

As I said in the other thread. Brady allowed Beli to ignore offense for decades and just focus on building a defense(which he's great at). It allowed him to bring in shyt ass OC's like Josh McDaniels because prime Brady could make literally anything work. Once he left you can see how bad he is at building a competent team and staff.

Beli had 2 OCs, with different systems, alternating calling plays at one point because he didn't know who to pick and both were shyt. How the fukk is a QB supposed to develop in that. Now he has Bill O'Brien calling some of the worst offense in the league, and has literally no talent on the offensive side of the ball to make it work.

Mac Jones isn't great, but Im not sure he's this bad either. Plus you cant keep randomly benching and starting QBs throughout the same season. Either you play him or you don't. He's probably going to go somewhere else and be a high end backup. Drake Maye needs to be very concerned about his future because it definitely feels like hes going to NE to die