Status
Not open for further replies.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
That's surprising. That show usually does good numbers. I wasn't on since around 830 so I couldn't tell anyways.
Was over 4000 on the site

There have been many times when there were a lot more then that and the site ran better

cook

Banned
Daps
Was over 4000 on the site

There have been many times when there were a lot more then that and the site ran better

There's a difference between having 4000 people on just casually browsing compared with 4000 people online during a playoff game and refreshing a thread constantly. That's a much bigger draw of resources.

How come I can't see who's viewing threads anymore? It used to be at the bottom of each page in a thread, but it isn't there anymore.

It's not an essential feature. When things aren't loading well we disable things that we don't need to help improve loading.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
There's a difference between having 4000 people on just casually browsing compared with 4000 people online during a playoff game and refreshing a thread constantly. That's a much bigger draw of resources.
:ehh:

I've seen a lot more on though during championship games that have run better

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
:stopitslime:

@cook @Brooklynzson

c'mon brehs. Make it stop:sadbron:
We tried something something today that isn't working like we hoped it would. We had to try that before spending close to a stack more a month. We're gonna see what our options are as far as upgrades tomorrow.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
We tried something something today that isn't working like we hoped it would. We had to try that before spending close to a stack more a month. We're gonna see what our options are as far as upgrades tomorrow.
:huhldup: that much on the servers and we still get pictures of Homer Simpson in place of the stop it slime smiley?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
when you invest in servers, you always look for average traffic request they can handle. it makes no sense in non-popular times (NBA offs, superbowl) to pay extra if they finna be idle

but this creates a problem when everyone tries to get to the site during these busy days/weeks. this is why launch of popular video games is always shytty.

you guys should consider spending extra just for 3 months of NBA offs if possible tho. with todays technologies and servers on deck from amazon cloud Im sure it can be done with the right provider.

Archangel

Banned
Daps

My friend, thou hast done a great service to man and women with thy overseeing of such a place as this. Therefore, I inquire of thee, how wouldst I go about contributing financial donations unto thee for the upkeep and improvement of thy website?

Status
Not open for further replies.