Status
Not open for further replies.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
We tried something something today that isn't working like we hoped it would. We had to try that before spending close to a stack more a month. We're gonna see what our options are as far as upgrades tomorrow.

You should put a banner up to get the people to get behind donating again.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
We tried something something today that isn't working like we hoped it would. We had to try that before spending close to a stack more a month. We're gonna see what our options are as far as upgrades tomorrow.
start up a donation campaign again

i got money to spend :mjpls:

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
My friend, thou hast done a great service to man and women with thy overseeing of such a place as this. Therefore, I inquire of thee, how wouldst I go about contributing financial donations unto thee for the upkeep and improvement of thy website?
Thou need not donate, but if thou insist: There's a donate button on the nav bar up top. If you on mobile you gotta hit the three lines to the right of Home
You should put a banner up to get the people to get behind donating again.

start up a donation campaign again

i got money to spend :mjpls:
Its all good, it aint necessary right now :whew:

keepemup

Banned
Daps
when you invest in servers, you always look for average traffic request they can handle. it makes no sense in non-popular times (NBA offs, superbowl) to pay extra if they finna be idle

but this creates a problem when everyone tries to get to the site during these busy days/weeks. this is why launch of popular video games is always shytty.

you guys should consider spending extra just for 3 months of NBA offs if possible tho. with todays technologies and servers on deck from amazon cloud Im sure it can be done with the right provider.
Nowadays many providers have automatic scaling of servers/services to accommodate the traffic. I think Amazon is one of them and I know Google is another.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
when you invest in servers, you always look for average traffic request they can handle. it makes no sense in non-popular times (NBA offs, superbowl) to pay extra if they finna be idle

but this creates a problem when everyone tries to get to the site during these busy days/weeks. this is why launch of popular video games is always shytty.

you guys should consider spending extra just for 3 months of NBA offs if possible tho. with todays technologies and servers on deck from amazon cloud Im sure it can be done with the right provider.
It's not just the NBA playoffs .

I think tonight being Monday Night Raw has something to do with the traffic.This was a show people were especially looking forward to because they wanted to see if WWE would show respect to Chyna or Not...as well as other fukkery of course. :sas1:

People still sleeping on #TSC :bryan:

#TSC accounts for ALOT of traffic on RAW and ANY PPVs :manny:

@cook @Silkk @3Rivers @mrken12 Tell these boys..they don't hear me :sas2:

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold

I think tonight being Monday Night Raw has something to do with the traffic.This was a show people were especially looking forward to because they wanted to see if WWE would show respect to Chyna or Not...as well as other fukkery of course. :sas1:

Yeah TSC and NBA playoffs don't mix on PPV Sundays/RAW Mondays I was on my phone and restarted twice earlier cause I couldn't settle some bets in paid in full thought my phone was fukking up. shyt happens I ain't sweatin it gotta remember the Birdman vs Breakfast Club and all the Beyoncé/Jay fukkery ain't doing us any favors either in the Booth/Locker Room forums

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

I mean, its not helping, but nba offs are historically most heavy on views :manny: sohh or thecoli

The American

Defending America against cacs
Daps
Yeah TSC and NBA playoffs don't mix on PPV Sundays/RAW Mondays I was on my phone and restarted twice earlier cause I couldn't settle some bets in paid in full thought my phone was fukking up. shyt happens I ain't sweatin it gotta remember the Birdman vs Breakfast Club and all the Beyoncé/Jay fukkery ain't doing us any favors either in the Booth/Locker Room forums
My suggestion is that they temporarily close all non-relevant subforums while the big event is taking place.

For example, during big playoff games, only the Seum should be open.

On election night, only HL should be open.

During WrestleMania, only TSC.

And so on. All the extra stuff can wait until the event is over with, then you reopen the whole coli.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Is it me or why can't I see the guests or members at the bottom anymore?
We disable that feature when the site is slowing down, since it takes up unnecessary resources.

Now as far as the thread is concerned, don't number of guests also affect the server speed? Maybe moving threads would help. I remember the wrestlemania thread being moved to jbo in order to cut off all the guests from constantly refreshing the page. Maybe the same can be done for big game and tv show threads if they need to? Although I don't think tv show threads have much guests. I heard game of thrones didn't have much users in there anyways. @Brooklynzson is there a max limit on guests allowed per thread? Or should users request a thread move if they see the thread is getting too full for decent operation? But actually now it'll be difficult to tell since users and guests at bottom got disabled. I guess the users will have to request a thread move as necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.