Mayor Eric Adams has fearmongered to New Yorkers about crime and the subways despite knowing this is one of the safest cities in the country and now..

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I rather much have Diblasio back, that's how bad Adams have been. Just pure corruption, very Trump like.
Funny… Yall ain’t question Deblasio putting his wife in charge of homeless services and outreach and they still can’t find that $25million mismanaged lmaoo

But Beblasio right?

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
I'm all for tough questions and holding people accountable but her approach and demeanor to me was just confrontational for confrontation sake. Man asked can you quote the rhetoric you speak of and couldn't pull up one quote. :hubie: side snide comments and such. No smoke when certified c00ns and Repubs go on the breakfast club though :sas2:

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
I wonder if that person's family thinks NYC is safe? :jbhmm:
You're just the type of person to fall for the okdey doke, and then give more power to cops unecessarily. All of this propaganda is for that purpose.

From the NY Times

In mid-2022, there was about one violent crime per one million rides on the subway, according to a New York Times analysis. Since then, the overall crime rate has fallen and ridership has increased, making the likelihood of being a victim of a violent crime even more remote. Last year, overall crime in the transit system fell nearly 3 percent compared with 2022 as the number of daily riders rose 14 percent.
People seem to have trouble grasping the idea of SCALE. NYC has 8 million people living in the most densely populated area in the country. Of course there is going to be crime. But when sensational - and rare - events like the subway pushing stories happen, people that don't have the facts extrapolate that to mean more than it is. This then contributes to a false notion that NYC is some hellish landscape instead of the FACT that it's the safest big city in the country, and that your average New Yorker is safe riding the subway, and going about their daily business.

This all plays into right wing propaganda, just as it's meant to.

jilla82

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Your not serious bro… You don’t even understand the impact on black folk in this city because of Gulliani racist polices especially on black folk trying to apply for city jobs… You have no fukkin idea man…
crime did go down...
not all black folks were against it