Method Man - Tical 25th Anniversary

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
vvzJQkh.jpg

Mixtape tribute celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Method Man's 'Tical'. After releasing '36 Chambers', RZA's master plan for the Wu was for each member to put out their own album. This was the first of the Wu solo ventures, and featured Meth at his rawest (you can literally hear him suckin in saliva in between sentences through his signature diamond-encrusted fang grills).

To put a new spin on this classic, I've mixed in:
OG samples,
Demos
Remixes
Party Breaks
Blends

Audio:

jiZXLSR.jpg

Last edited:

Death6six6

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
vvzJQkh.jpg

Mixtape tribute celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Method Man's 'Tical'. After releasing '36 Chambers', RZA's master plan for the Wu was for each member to put out their own album. This was the first of the Wu solo ventures, and featured Meth at his rawest (you can literally hear him suckin in saliva in between sentences through his signature diamond-encrusted fang grills).

To put a new spin on this classic, I've mixed in:
OG samples,
Demos
Remixes
Party Breaks
Blends

Audio:

Can I get a link:feedme:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked this album but let's say very underwhelming when compared to the other Wu solo releases like Liquid Swords, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and Ironman, Return to the 3 Chambers. It's still solid but the RZA production isn't nearly as interesting as most would hope. The album as a whole is pretty modest, and doesn't carry the same dark and intriguing atmosphere that makes Wu releases from 1993-95 so damn appealing. I'm just being honest about it.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tical shut down NYC when it dropped. NYC officially became Wu York City.

There was hype for Redmans Darkside album around this same time.

Let me ask u a question, of course, Method was popular at that time but was Tical forgettable after you listened to OB4CL, Liquid Swords, Ironman, Return to the 36 Chambers?

jilla82

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Let me ask u a question, of course, Method was popular at that time but was Tical forgettable after you listened to OB4CL, Liquid Swords, Ironman, Return to the 36 Chambers?
People were let down by the album.

Im kind of surprised they're doing a "25th anniversary" because the album didnt get much love.

Meth was the most popular one out of the group at the time...but I think people were expecting more tracks like Method Man and the joint w/ Mary J.