Method Man - Tical 25th Anniversary

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I remember.....I tried googling the ad but nothing came up.
Anyone able to find the original 'Month Of The Man' magazine ad?

443609bb611f4b8d6fb2f9d1917d2d9d.jpg

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, especially if it was ready back in 93-94 like RZA mentioned.....must've been some prime-vintage Wu sounds :mjcry:

this is how I imagined it:

Inspectah Deck- Assassination Day- 1996

01. Slums of Shaolin (RZA)
02. The Rhythm & The Rebel (RZA)
03. Park Hill feat Method Man, Raekwon & U-God (RZA)
04. Assassination Day feat Masta Killa, Raekwon & RZA (RZA)
05. The Swarm feat RZA, GZA & Street Life (True Master)
06. Droppin' Science feat Masta Killa & Blue Raspberry (RZA)
07. Presidental Paper (RZA)
08. 1-6-0 feat Method Man & Street Life(RZA)
09. Street Scene feat Raekwon & Ghostface & Blue Raspberry(RZA)
10. Unique feat ODB (RZA)
11. One in da Chamber (RZA)
12. Fall Back (4th Disciple)
13. Poison Bars feat Masta Killa, RZA, Ghostface, U-God & GZA (RZA)
14. R.E.B.E.L. Music (RZA)
15. Blade Edges feat RZA & Masta Killa (RZA)
16. Case Closed (RZA)
17. Semi-Automatic Rap Metal Jacket feat Street Life & U-God (RZA) [bonus]

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, especially if it was ready back in 93-94 like RZA mentioned.....must've been some prime-vintage Wu sounds :mjcry:

Exactly. This shyt must be really burned to Inspectah Deck that he could have classic WU solo album along with Raekwon, GZA, GFK, ODB, Meth along with him in 90s.I know that shyt is bothering him cause according to Wu-Tang members that they had to rewrite their verses after they heard Inspectah Deck spits his fire verse when he went first. They're sick of him when he finished first and his verse always fire that still hottest than them.
And they're like :stopitslime::gucci::martin: "Thanks a lot, Deck, now I have to change and rewrite my verse after I heard your spit fire"

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
Album is a stone cold classic and every bit as important to the Wu canon as the following solo’s. Wall to wall quotable’s. The perfect mix of styles/skills era.

Really fun album and it sounds better and better as time goes on.

cosign you and @smokeurobinson, this is a bonafide classic which i played straight through with no skips from day one. i'm legit puzzled and a little bit irritated at this narrative about it being a forgettable album let alone disappointing. i mostly let nikkas live but goddamn how? there is not one wack beat or rhyme on this entire joint. quality wu tang release from beginning to end. shyt mr. sandman alone was damn near worth the price of admission

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
cosign you and @smokeurobinson, this is a bonafide classic which i played straight through with no skips from day one. i'm legit puzzled and a little bit irritated at this narrative about it being a forgettable album let alone disappointing. i mostly let nikkas live but goddamn how? there is not one wack beat or rhyme on this entire joint. quality wu tang release from beginning to end. shyt mr. sandman alone was damn near worth the price of admission

It’s been my favorite solo for the last few years although Liquid Swords is creeping back up the ladder. It constantly changes. But yeah Tical is an album that if I play in public people look at me like I’m a mad man because I tend to sing the whole thing out loud.

I Get My Thang In Action is low key one of the illest Wu solo album deep cuts of all time.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I agree with you, but here's what happened in public opinion:

Tical followed the sound of 36 Chambers while Dirty Version, Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords & Ironman all did their own thing.

Method Man, while the standout MC of the group, had the weakest debut while everyone else came stronger and even Meth himself had better performances on group guest spots & outsider guest spots in the next few years than his own debut album.

Lastly, its most known song only exists in two off-album versions, both of which supersede the album version as superior songs.

So I think it's more of those who heard it in its time that can recognize the classic nature of the album as opposed to those who hear it in the context of the catalog.

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
Album is a stone cold classic and every bit as important to the Wu canon as the following solo’s. Wall to wall quotable’s. The perfect mix of styles/skills era.

Really fun album and it sounds better and better as time goes on.

Definite classic....It improved with age to me, which is hard to say about most albums

It’s been my favorite solo for the last few years although Liquid Swords is creeping back up the ladder. It constantly changes. But yeah Tical is an album that if I play in public people look at me like I’m a mad man because I tend to sing the whole thing out loud.

I Get My Thang In Action is low key one of the illest Wu solo album deep cuts of all time.

What did you think of the Get My Thang OG sample flip?

Living Bait

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cardiff
It would be nice to be able to hear the original.....but i hate the thought of Tical not existing.....I love that album

I was listening to this mix last night and really enjoyed it. Particularly liked the Stimulation flip....

I don't know if its just me but my album artwork is much darker than later releases. I bought it when it first came out - pre Mary J Remix......anyone else know what I mean?

:flabbynsick:

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
It would be nice to be able to hear the original.....but i hate the thought of Tical not existing.....I love that album

I was listening to this mix last night and really enjoyed it. Particularly liked the Stimulation flip....

I don't know if its just me but my album artwork is much darker than later releases. I bought it when it first came out - pre Mary J Remix......anyone else know what I mean?

:flabbynsick:

Yeah, no way of telling if the version of Tical that got lost was better than the version that came out.
Appreciate the feedback on the Stimulation flip....not typically the drum pattern that I would choose to mix under the timing of Sarah Vaughan's vocals, but had to go with them bc I extracted them from Stimulation. It still does the job.

Not sure about the artwork being darker.....but I do know they re-released the vinyl with a shiny foil tint on the smoke

Living Bait

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cardiff
Yeah, no way of telling if the version of Tical that got lost was better than the version that came out.
Appreciate the feedback on the Stimulation flip....not typically the drum pattern that I would choose to mix under the timing of Sarah Vaughan's vocals, but had to go with them bc I extracted them from Stimulation. It still does the job.

Not sure about the artwork being darker.....but I do know they re-released the vinyl with a shiny foil tint on the smoke

Yeh it was a really enjoyable mix. I'm guessing you somehow managed to get the whole album acapella?

It really makes you see how RZA took those elements from the samples and muddied them up to make such a dark and moody album. Genius work.

In terms of the artwork mine is definitely darker. I was the first person I knew to own a copy and I couldn't make out the faces or anything. Then after You're All I Need dropped with Mary J a friend of mine bought the album and I was

:ohhh: