Michael Jackson dissed Prince in an interview after a preview screening of Purple Rain

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it was jay-z

i remember cause jay said he was shocked mike said "your flow was so in the pocket" :pachaha:

just imagine mike jackson saying that shyt to you... and you a rapping drug dealing nikka... who grew up on this nikka.. and thinks he's some soft, nerd, weirdo....

then he calls like " yo what up nikka... your flow in the pocket fam" :birdman:

:deadmanny:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I heard an interview, it was with someone like Kanye or Jay-z maybe when they were working on Girls girls girls remix, or something. It's someone random but they were talking about a collab, maybe Chris Tucker idk...but in the interview they talk about how MJ called them 'out the blue' and it was someone with a deep ass voice and they were like "its michael..." long story short they didnt believe them at first then they were able to confirm and yea thats not his real voice....the same story from different people when they actually talk about him as a person rather than as an entertainer adds up, he has a normal voice etc.

I know there is a Stern interview where he talks about Gilbert Godfried and how since they are friends they talk on the phone and hang out and he has a normal voice, but the only voice we know is the one he performs with. So that shyt happens.

10:22 - 11:50

:laff::laff::laff:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
giphy.gif

everytime i think of that story i think of when apollonia joined morris group...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Only a rookie would over look someone just cause they act meek, the meek ones are the worst cause they watch everything you do and will not show you mercy when they go in for the kill.

You heard the stories of all the foul thing MJ done?
It's foul to white people and labels honestly. Mike ain't let people extort him. Mike was also giving back to black artists that got robbed in the music industry. nikka was using these white people somethin serious. Lol.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
He did more on the low. Mike had an entire agenda low key and people slept on him cause of his kind exterior. nikka was a wolf.
he got it from his daddy...yet talked shyt bout his dad in public...if it wasnt 4 joe cutthroat ways..mike would be tito

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
Well the original version of Kiss was apparently a country song. He gave it to another band who turned it into the song we know today. Prince came back, stole the shyt, and threw his vocals on top.
"Kiss" started as a short acoustic demo, about a minute in length, consisting of a single 12-bar blues verse. Prince gave the song to the funk band Mazarati for their debut album. Mazarati and producer David Z drastically reworked the song, giving it its stripped-down minimalist sound. When Mazarati delivered the song to Prince, he was amazed at their work and decided to take back the song for himself. He replaced their lead vocal, added the guitar break in the chorus and edited the song to its present form. Mazarati were credited for their backing vocals, which Prince left intact. Prince added the song at the last minute to Parade.

Despite Warner Bros. not wanting to release it as a single, "Kiss" became Prince's third number-one U.S. hit following 1984's highly successful "When Doves Cry" and "Let's Go Crazy". It was also a big hit across the Atlantic, reaching #6 on the UK Singles Chart. The song won Prince another Grammy Award for Best R&B Vocal Performance by a Duo or Group, and was nominated for Best Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Song.[3] The song has become a staple at Prince's concerts and is usually sung partially by the audience.

The 12" single of the song is an extension of the album track. The extended section is based on the funky guitar line and contains much fuller instrumentation than the main track, including bass guitar, organ and horns. New lyrics are present from Prince, along with Jill Jones, that end with a humorous dialogue between a wife and her husband watching Prince on television. The B-side of "Kiss" was "♥ or $" ("Love or Money"), sung in a processed, higher-pitched vocal, which Prince would later use for his Camille material. The song relates to the theme in Under the Cherry Moon, and a bit of the song was heard in the film, as was a bit of the extended version of "Kiss". The extended "Kiss" was included on 2006's Ultimate; "♥ or $" was recently re-released as a digital B-side on iTunes.

He still wrote the lyrics

I actually remember this story. He gave it to a group and they did something with it and he said the song is "too good for you" . . took it back and released it. Gave them an arrangement credit but not a writing credit

And true . . . that would be the type of shyt people would go in on Dr. Dre about . . but he still wrote the lyrics

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
no disrespect to mike, because mike is absolutely the GOAT, but this is FAAAAAR from the GOAT performance. especially since he lip synced the first 4 or so minutes. go to 4:06 in the video.....they forgot to turn on his mic for a few seconds during the portion of the performance that he was supposed to be actually singing. :russ:

motown 25 was the GOAT performance. hands down :wow:
At 6:08 and 6:12 :wow:

I think the Mike was on right there.

Soon

Banned
Daps
It's foul to white people and labels honestly. Mike ain't let people extort him. Mike was also giving back to black artists that got robbed in the music industry. nikka was using these white people somethin serious. Lol.

Not talking about the music industry, but what he did in his personal life.

And honestly, I don't think it matters, a lot of good stuff is being posted in this thread so me bring this trivial stuff is not needed.

But to say a wolf only looks like a wolf, will leave you wide open.

But no one can front, Michael Jackson level of swag was off the charts. Even chilled with the Bloods and Crips, trying to get a Peace Treaty before the Peace Treaty in '91.

tumblr_leooexzxkd1qb9wbfo1_500.jpg

MufasaChoppa

The Rise & Fall Of Mufasa Choppa
Daps
Reppin
L.A , California
He still wrote the lyrics

I actually remember this story. He gave it to a group and they did something with it and he said the song is "too good for you" . . took it back and released it. Gave them an arrangement credit but not a writing credit

And true . . . that would be the type of shyt people would go in on Dr. Dre about . . but he still wrote the lyrics

why wasn't this song credited for kiss tho? :sas2: