Michael Jackson is honestly underrated

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
You dont realize how underrated he is until you go back and listen to some of his random shyt man. And this is even with him being a staple in most people's top 5. nikka is simply underrated

Blood on the Dancefloor
New tracks on HIStory CD 1 & 2
Scream album
Blue Gangsta

random, throwaway Michael Jackson tracks and even still theyre

A) shytting on many other legendary singers album cuts :mj:
B) capable of evoking nostalgia and a nikka emotions :wow:

There will never be another MJ:wow:

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
That title belongs to R Kelly sir
Greatest musician of my lifetime
Never got that worldwide love/acceptance

But dumbass decision maker
Dude needed a life coach on the payroll like we need air

He will never get his just due. Especially now

if you factor in solo output, production, and songwriting…I can’t think of many musical figures (if any) who have a more prolific overall musical catalogue than R. Kelly.

Besides the most obvious thing what I believe hurt him in terms of “rating” esteem was how spotty his album catalogue has been for the past 20 years. From Born Into the 90s to Chocolate Factory, his solo catalogue was FLAWLESS. After that it gets shaky. Some of those albums were a little too driven by the “club” sound and cheesy, overproduced mid 2000s mainstream rap. Impact wise they fell flat and understandably so.

It reads like night and day in terms of artistic pedigree. Compare 96-98 Kellz whose making epic songs like I Believe I Can Fly & producing for Michael Jackson & Celine Dion to 07-09 Kellz whose dressing like a 20 year old, playing around with auto tune, and making records like “Superman High” with OJ da Juiceman :scust:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
The only people who underrate MJ are Prince stans or people who aren't familiar with his discography like that. Everybody else knows his greatness and acknowledges it every day.

But I see what OP's saying. His later work is definitely underrated. Off the Wall, Thriller, and Bad will always get credit, but how many people think HIStory is Michael's best album? I would definitely entertain an argument about that because the album is fantastic.

Or a song like "One More Chance." I don't think people even remember it, but it's another great one. The last song that Michael released during his lifetime. :wow:

And XScape is literally just songs that Michael threw out, but that album was one of the best that came out in 2014. It let me know that if MJ was still alive and releasing music, he would still be ahead of other artists. :wow:

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
While no one underestimates his popularity, I think people do underrate his creative input.
When I mean by that is that ppl think other people write and produce all of his material. That he was just the singer and contributed nothing to the creative process .
Like a Whitney Houston, so to speak.
The general public doesn't know he wrote the lion's share of his adult discography.
His brothers leaned on his writing and production heavily.
He even produced other artists such as his sisters Rebbie and LaToya, Diana Ross, Jennifer Holliday.
His production resume is extensive too, but people just don't know or care to know.