Michael Jackson is honestly underrated

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
Bruh Kellz was never a top tier vocalist you over rating the hell out of him right now he sounds great but he's not a world class singer there were a bunch of cats from his era who are better than him vocally. His main appeal will always be the music he made which is fukkin fire. Tell me this, if he's the type of singer you're trying to claim him to be then why on his first 2 albums was he trying to sound like Aaron Hall ???

You diverted....
We're debating Kelly vs Face as singers

Daps
People think Quincy Jones wrote all his songs and “made” Michael Jackson
I don't think that's entirely true.

If you went up to folks on the street, there wouldn't be an overwhelming opinion that Quincy wrote all his songs and made him because it would rarely be brought up. Most people, in general, would talk about how he's the greatest/famous Pop icon ever and reference the impact his music had on their lives. And anybody that researched his career and/or were invested in what went on behind the scenes, they wouldn't be saying that either.

I feel like you're only talking about 0.000000000000001% of people that would say Quincy made him.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
The only people who underrate MJ are Prince stans or people who aren't familiar with his discography like that. Everybody else knows his greatness and acknowledges it every day.

But I see what OP's saying. His later work is definitely underrated. Off the Wall, Thriller, and Bad will always get credit, but how many people think HIStory is Michael's best album? I would definitely entertain an argument about that because the album is fantastic.

Or a song like "One More Chance." I don't think people even remember it, but it's another great one. The last song that Michael released during his lifetime. :wow:

And XScape is literally just songs that Michael threw out, but that album was one of the best that came out in 2014. It let me know that if MJ was still alive and releasing music, he would still be ahead of other artists. :wow:

In the words of Kanye West

-- I forgot better shyt than you ever thought of

:wow::wow:

Daps
Reppin
prosper any where on earth
The Prince disrespect is crazy on this board.

Kanye west big brother

live and die in LA 2pac

nothing compares 2 u

I feel for you Chaka khan

Bonnie and Clyde ‘02 JayZ Beyoncé

Sampled by too many and ripped off from artist like ready for the world’s oh shelia song

Told his managers he wanted to make a movie, if not they’ll be fired.

that was for “Purple Rain”

Won a Oscar and had a number 1 album and movie charted under a year.

Wrote for many artist, some are uncredited like him playing keys for havoc from mobb deep

for Thou shall not kill’

R Kelly is great but never lead a band ever.

Micheal Jackson is always ahead for his experience over P and R Kelly

Mag Wheel

Pro
Daps
What a ridiculous thread. Micheal Jordan should also get his flowers while he is alive. Robert De Niro is highly over looked. Look out for this guy Denzel Washington, he is on the come up.

ILLMMORTAL

THE ILLEST
Daps
Reppin
THE MOST OUTTER REACHES OF THE COSMOS
How and Why in the world could MJ be underrated….We’re talking about possibly the greatest entertainer of all time! Do you know what this cat has accomplished in music! You nikkaz are like Sun magazine or the fukking Enquirer or the shyt azz paparazzi! Stop making up shyt! This mans legacy is not only cemented in black music and black culture but in music and world culture as a whole…… Stop with the foolishness! Underrated…..hah, like a pigs azz! You nikkaz iz something else!:comeon:

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quincy is an integral part in what gave us the Michael that is loved and revered. To downplay that is ridiculous. He didn't make Michael Jackson, but he helped to take that greatness and mold it into some otherworldly levels that no one had had ever witnessed in music. I'm sure MJ brought out the best in Quincy as well. We also have to remember there was a Quincy Jones, who was already an icon in his right, before there was a Michael Jackson.

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Stop acting like this man wasn't getting disrespected till his death.

EUZOx99WoAANKwo.png

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
He's referred to as the King of Pop

How much higher you need him to be rated?

He got an album that went 3x DIAMOND !!!
Wtf..
:mjlol:

How about this.. let's say he's got some underrated tracks that are/were fire

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Hilarious thread. Janet is underrated.

Jermaine is rated exactly where he should be.