Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Methinks this be a troll job

But in case the thread title is to be read literally:

The words we use are supposed to mean certain things. MJ is not underrated, he is very highly rated

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It depends.
Personally i think he is.
Because of the face accusations that destroyed his image.And the fact that today People since his death want to compare him with every artists possible.
Every weeks there is a tweeter trend about Michael Jackson about how and why this or that is better than him

But we all know he is the best,he is the King of Pop.

What MJ song is that shyt sound tough.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Methinks this be a troll job

But in case the thread title is to be read literally:

The words we use are supposed to mean certain things. MJ is not underrated, he is very highly rated
MJ is underrated as an artist.
He does not get the same artistic respect as Prince, Stevie, Beatles, etc.
He's seen as just a pop star with no substance who had to rely on Quincy Jones for any musical relevance.
Prince fans looooooove to go on and on about how Prince wrote and produced his own shyt and played all the instruments and how MJ wasn't anywhere close in the same league an an artist.
They conveniently forget about the tons of pure crap Prince turned out after 1988.

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The remix to Cube’s “We Be Clubbin.” Was suppose to be on this NBA compilation album but it ended up not properly released because of the players strike. Damn shame cause that record knocks..

Wait that's a official remix? I thought that was some blend shyt.

Why

Superstar
Daps
OK i am 18.
So yeah.
There are many things i discovered today. I thought i knew many things about the CULTURE but not really.:manny:
So I understand why you seem so:mjpls:

I am a black man do not worry

But thanks for the song
O wow 18.no wonder then
And u can appreciate MJ music :wow:

Daps
Reppin
prosper any where on earth
It’s Wild To Me When People Compare Usher And fukking Chris Brown To Michael Jackson, Were They Not On This Planet When MJ Was Relevant

That shows the intelligence of the person who says it because, no one has any show biz experience as Michael Jackson ever.

He was dead ass done with the industry with the “This is it” showcase.

That dude didn’t want to do them shows.

He was forced and ended up getting clipped “accidently” for all his assets and insurance policy.

Like most huge artist i.e. prince who got clipped with a “accidental” over dose.

That’s just my opinion though

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate People like them.
Mj is an universal history figure of the music .
I love Usher and Chris Brown but they have nothing to do with mike in terms of level.
These two had an entire period when their songs were not very interesting in terms of quantity and quality.
There Will never be a person like Mj.
Even the weeknd and Bruno Mars try to recreate 60s and 70s Mj (=>Bruno Mars)
Or the 80s and 90s depressed Mj (=>the weeknd).
Michael jackson is the only one who survived 5 decades .
He was so versatile that he had more faces depending the albums eras than any other artists.
He built his own legacy through the evolution of himself with the medias.

Why People don't compare them to somebody like James Brown or Fred Astair???

They aren't going to get compared to James Brown. Yeah, James Brown sang and dance, but he also was something of a band leader who sang and dance. And when people talk about James Brown's artistry they mention how he conducted the band while dancing. The instructions were a part of his dance steps.