Michael Jai White writes about negative reaction to Ghana visit

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
you really just don't have to buy into tbh. It's honestly that simple.

I'm glad that he went to Africa and got to trace himself back to his true roots. I've had the pleasure of visiting Ghana twice. Dope country and nice people and the food was delicious.

But he is right about the increasing division between African Americans and Native Africans, I just find it disturbing.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
:russell: Just a way to diss AAs

Yeah okay :dead: breh called bullshyt on the deliberate intentions that created a lot of the pathology we see today. You see brehs all the time that are supposedly for us start their statement like "N*ggas ______ ______ ____" with NO context and NO resolve to evolve or reform our identity.

I'm glad that he went to Africa and got to trace himself back to his true roots. I've had the pleasure of visiting Ghana twice. Dope country and nice people and the food was delicious.

But he is right about the increasing division between African Americans and Native Africans, I just find it disturbing.

I think it exists online mostly and is selective listening. That's why it's important for things like this to be shared online :wow: the real world is something different.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I think it exists online mostly and is selective listening. That's why it's important for things like this to be shared online :wow: the real world is something different.
In my opinion it happens because of two things
  • people's general willingness to believe stereotypes about other Black people, while rejecting stereotypes about their group
  • lack of interaction as peers with groups outside of their own (applies to social class, region, religion, or nationality)

That's why in the diaspora discussions, the flimsy narratives & false comments that they repeat here get torn apart so easily.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
I told this Kenyan nurse I work with I wanted to visit Ghana and she hit me with the :scust:.

I have no idea why.

But I do plan on visiting Ghana some day.
Do it. You'll feel like you've been walking with a backpack and lead weights for most of your life. That feeling of knowing that you're around other black people constantly, and seeing people who look like you on tv and in advertisements everywhere just hits different. You just feel like you can breathe and do you. People are more likely to hit you with the :krs: when they find out you're from the US because a lot of africans love black music, movies and TV shows and you can see the influence in their own media.

TheIsleofMan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve never felt inferior compared to other people:ohhh:

shyt is weird even seeing a black person say they feel/felt inferior to whites:hhh:

shyt is
0JzMQ1T.png