Michael Malone could be on the hot seat if Denver Nuggets disappoint in the postseason

SHOULD COACH MALONE BE ON THE HOT SEAT?

• Total voters

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That goes without saying.

One of Murray and MPJ probably get's traded as well if they don't at least make the conference finals.
Shouldn’t be as they are the least of that teams problems.

The team's #1 problem by a long shot is defense, and neither one of them plays any defense. So how are they the least of their problems?

Yeah, MPJ and Murray are nice offensive players, but you can't build an elite squad on offense alone. It's the same reason that Dame/CJ squads never worked. They need to use the value that they can get from one of those two and trade it for defensive value.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The team's #1 problem by a long shot is defense, and neither one of them plays any defense. So how are they the least of their problems?

Yeah, MPJ and Murray are nice offensive players, but you can't build an elite squad on offense alone. It's the same reason that Dame/CJ squads never worked. They need to use the value that they can get from one of those two and trade it for defensive value.
MPJ has gotten a lot better contrary to Coli belief. That’s how I know a lot of posters don’t watch their games.

They all stepped up their defense earlier in the season, which how they are the #1 team in the West after struggling earlier in the season so part of is effort on their end.

They’re also going to be hard pressed in moving him with his max contract and lingering back issues.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Shouldn’t be as they are the least of that teams problems.

Trading one of them is their best chance of upgrading their defense. They've been better on D but if they go out in the first or second round there's no way they're gonna be able to just run it back. Changes would need to be made.

On top of that if they bomb out early it's also probably due to one of those two underwhelming offensively. I got my eye on Murray these playoffs. That mf is streaky as fukk and his game can just fall off a cliff. Not someone I'd want to rely on as my #2.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
This is basically their championship window tbh.

So many younger teams out there are about to hit their primes (as individual players and as team) and Denver is a tough market to attract players.

If you don't get it this year, chances are you ain't getting it next year or the year after. You'd basically need to blow it up. Kings, OKC, etc. are basically right on their heels this year and will most likely be much better next year. shyt, the Kings may actually be better or at least equal with them right now.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Trading one of them is their best chance of upgrading their defense. They've been better on D but if they go out in the first or second round there's no way they're gonna be able to just run it back. Changes would need to be made.

On top of that if they bomb out early it's also probably due to one of those two underwhelming offensively. I got my eye on Murray these playoffs. That mf is streaky as fukk and his game can just fall off a cliff. Not someone I'd want to rely on as my #2.
I've always believed and still do that MPJ should be their #2 if he reaches his full potential or is the trade chip that helps them get that guy. I've never really been a fan of Murray like that and always felt he was better suited as a #3.

They could definitely use a rim protecting big man to play next to Jokic on the floor at the same time, which is why I thought they should have made a run at Poeltl.