Millennials across the rich world are failing to vote

ineedsleep212

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
While this is valid assessment for apathy, you'll never have a say being apathetic to voting.
Not saying the decision is wise, but at least for this election, you had a candidate that hardly tried to woo anyone on her side.

Never forget her telling Rachel Maddow I got more votes :yeshrug: all the while having a super PAC dedicated to attacking the supporters of her primary opponent.

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
The apathy argument in this case should be treated as a non sequitur. Has nothing to do with the article in my opinion.

I do think the comment before about young people treating parties as brands is spot on. Does this not say something about the quality of politics more so than the quality of vote, if you will?

I do not prescribe to voting stategically as nap mentioned earlier. Thats not the point of voting. I do understand the logic behind this however i think this also undermines the whole democratic system. In most cases states already are aware of where they are going to fall. Its pointless to vote democrat in texas. Voting independent or green makes no difference to the outcome

Without a complete overhaul we will continue to see voters who protest but who dont put numbers on the scoreboard.

Furthermore peaceful protest in my opinion is nothing more than shouting at a brick wall at this point. No systematic overhaul has come from non violent action (i am aware there are a few cases but statistically speaking its the minority) and i think at some point throats will need to be slit.

The tree of liberty needs to be nourished with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike.

Democracy is the veil that is pulled over the eyes of the masses shrouding said masses from the disfigured face of the established.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
this is why I shytted on Bernie Bros and Jill Stein fans

And in turn Trump shytted on you and your ilk, I would say "we're even" but that would be a lie.

To top it off Dems are gearing up to lose again unless they get with the fukking program. You aren't going to beat Trump by offering up more of the same overcooked bullshyt, it's going to take the "left" populist candidate...this is what the millennials are telling you they want/need and they won't settle, I know I'm not.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
And in turn Trump shytted on you and your ilk, I would say "we're even" but that would be a lie.

To top it off Dems are gearing up to lose again unless they get with the fukking program. You aren't going to beat Trump by offering up more of the same overcooked bullshyt, it's going to take the "left" populist candidate...this is what the millennials are telling you they want/need and they won't settle, I know I'm not.
Did people vote for this mythical left populist you speak of?

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Did people vote for this mythical left populist you speak of?

bernie-sanders-must-disavow-hillary-clinton-endorsement-due-to-rigged-election-by-debbie-wasserman.jpg

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
Trump: "I'll do something for you.":yeshrug:

Hillary: "You need to Be With Me! Get ready for Me!" :smugfavre:

A nation of largely apathetic voters, regardless of age, especially regardless of these generational brackets the media makes up so they have something easy to write about: ":jbhmm::patrice::mjpls:"

Hillary after the election: :mjcry:"But I told them they had the opportunity to cast a historic vote for ME!"

Trump after the election:
xP0McLj.png
"Самая большая инаугурация когда-либо, люди. Самое лучшее и самое большое. Bigly."

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

If millennials want to be wooed then why not become that candidate? If they're already organizing and protesting why aren't they actually taking part in the political process?