5. End middle-eastern wars 20:17
6. Supports Gun Ownership 23:55
7. Supports Gun background checks 26:00
8. Does not support "open carry" movements 2926
9. Ending the War on drugs, instead he supports drug rehabilitation 36:29
10. Is against "Citizens United Decision" 38:31
11. Is pro-choice 41:40
12. Is pro-environmental protection 42:19

I looked over his platform, read a few interviews, watched portions of the clip I found interesting.

He sounds like a good guy. Maybe too left on my gun position and I'm staunchly opposed to a flat tax due to wealth distribution.

Outside of that I think he has a strong platform and a good message. He was washed in his congressional run in the 62nd, but I'm. Not overly familiar with the district demographic.

DNC chair is probably over kicking his coverage, but it's a good platform to use to spark your movement.

:ehh:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I looked over his platform, read a few interviews, watched portions of the clip I found interesting.

He sounds like a good guy. Maybe too left on my gun position and I'm staunchly opposed to a flat tax due to wealth distribution.

Outside of that I think he has a strong platform and a good message. He was washed in his congressional run in the 62nd, but I'm. Not overly familiar with the district demographic.

DNC chair is probably over kicking his coverage, but it's a good platform to use to spark your movement.

:ehh:

Point is the millennials are outchea and it seems like the plan is to give them the game whether he gets the chair or not and get more people in his age bracket activated across the states. He keeps track of how many of his talking points people try to co-opt just to let it be known that even if I don't get the chair they winner will have done it on my platform.

Trump = Vader (or Lord Helmet)
Bannon = Palpatine

Bernie = Yoda
Sam Ronan = Luke

:obama:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Point is the millennials are outchea and it seems like the plan is to give them the game whether he gets the chair or not and get more people in his age bracket activated across the states. He keeps track of how many of his talking points people try to co-opt just to let it be known that even if I don't get the chair they winner will have done it on my platform.

Trump = Vader (or Lord Helmet)
Bannon = Palpatine

Bernie = Yoda
Sam Ronan = Luke

:obama:
I was just giving my honest opinion on his. Platform. No hate at all. O think he's a good candidate. Hopefully more people will co-opt parts of his platform because it's a good one. :yeshrug:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
If folks felt their families lives ain't get better with either party in the last 30 years, you can't expect them to give a fukk, all the while dealing with even more economic burdens than their parents.
Nah breh, we are "coddled" by our parents.

That's why the cost of living and a college education has sky rocketed while wages stay the same. That life long debt is us being "coddled".

Coming of age during the worst economy since the great depression is being "coddled"

:mjlol:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Nah breh, we are "coddled" by our parents.

That's why the cost of living and a college education has sky rocketed while wages stay the same. That life long debt is us being "coddled".

Coming of age during the worst economy since the great depression is being "coddled"

you sound coddled. :rudy:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The status quo is dead.
You want young people to vote? Give us someone worth voting for or prepare to live with the Don and the Republicans till you die.

:hubie:
Don't vote. Those of us who do decide for you. That's the main theme of the article.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
spoken like a white male

:salute:
Don't vote. Those of us who do decide for you. That's the main theme of the article.

I did vote, unfortunately that didn't matter much because your girl wasn't trying to "woo" anyone while trump was telling white people everything they've ever wanted to hear.

:francis:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
This is why any progressive movement is dead before it even gets off the ground. No party is going to be able to continuously put forth messiah candidates that energize people with a disposition against voting. Combined with a government designed for difficult and slow incremental change you can see why the party that has voters who look upon it as a duty would have a natural advantage even though the demographics of the country aren't in their favor.

For all the demonstrations taking place now, where will these people be this November and November 2018 when it's time to vote for a candidate that has had limited exposure and little money to advertise, someone with little flair or extraordinary charisma? They will be at home like they always are.

Last edited:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The status quo is dead.
You want young people to vote? Give us someone worth voting for or prepare to live with the Don and the Republicans till you die.

:hubie:

Seriously, it seems like only straightline dems and the "establishment" left has a problem with actually appealing to their "potential" voters's issues and concerns. They've learned absolutely nothing from 08' onward and will continue to flounder until then.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The apathy argument in this case should be treated as a non sequitur. Has nothing to do with the article in my opinion.

I do think the comment before about young people treating parties as brands is spot on. Does this not say something about the quality of politics more so than the quality of vote, if you will?

I do not prescribe to voting stategically as nap mentioned earlier. Thats not the point of voting. I do understand the logic behind this however i think this also undermines the whole democratic system. In most cases states already are aware of where they are going to fall. Its pointless to vote democrat in texas. Voting independent or green makes no difference to the outcome

Without a complete overhaul we will continue to see voters who protest but who dont put numbers on the scoreboard.

Furthermore peaceful protest in my opinion is nothing more than shouting at a brick wall at this point. No systematic overhaul has come from non violent action (i am aware there are a few cases but statistically speaking its the minority) and i think at some point throats will need to be slit.

The tree of liberty needs to be nourished with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike.

Democracy is the veil that is pulled over the eyes of the masses shrouding said masses from the disfigured face of the established.

How is this not childish, though?

I know a decent amount of Latino millenials who did exactly this - supported Bernie, weren't feeling Hillary, and thus stayed at home in November. Now, these same kids have family members, in some case parents, who are pressed because of the result. These same people are now protesting in the streets when all they had to do was hold their nose and vote.

It's completely selfish and comes from a place of privilege and / or ignorance to me. If you vote for your candidate and they lose in a primary, OK. Now nut up and choose or have someone choose for you. How does opting out in a general in any way rectify the situation? It's passive to the point of being putrid.

To make it worse, the very things a lot of these voters desire become less and less achievable the more power they cede to the other side through not voting. The gears of the system turn with or without your participation and you can either turn them or have them grind you.

Last edited: