:mjlol: @ Jamie Foxx Making Up This Bullshít Story About Meeting Kanye.

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
nikka saying that Jay-Z and the Neptunes were nobodies and got Kanye sounding like Rain Man.:russ:

Jamie Foxx is a good story teller. Got those wypipo eating out the palm of his hand with this shyt. :mjlol:

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lol yeah he be over exaggerating like a motherfukker
It's partially true though ye did meet foxx in la I believe and kanye cut in to him for really trying to sing
But yeah this had to be between 98-2003 and by the early 2000s the neptunes an hov were icons already
He kanye story is partly true and I think this story is like his go to story for talk shows

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
He's told this story numerous times over the past 5 years. I doubt he's lying.
nikkas repeat lies all the time.

According to his story, 6 weeks after this party "Slow Jams" was a hit record.

So you vouching for his claim that 6 weeks before "Slow Jams" came out, Jay-Z and The Neptunes were unknown?:usure:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
nikkas repeat lies all the time.

According to his story, 6 weeks after this party "Slow Jams" was a hit record.

So you vouching for his claim that 6 weeks before "Slow Jams" came out, Jay-Z and The Neptunes were unknown?:usure:

I havent listened to the video you posted, all I know is I've heard this story from him a dozen times previously.

Maybe the one you posted is not the same verbatim.

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
I havent listened to the video you posted, all I know is I've heard this story from him a dozen times previously.

Maybe the one you posted is not the same verbatim.
Fair enough.

From what everybody saying in the thread, I'm guessing this story is probably like 40% true.

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
He's not telling the story as if those all happened the same day. He's just speaking about how he met them. I've heard him tell those stories plenty of times.

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
He's not telling the story as if those all happened the same day. He's just speaking about how he met them. I've heard him tell those stories plenty of times.

Nah, he telling it as it's all the same party.

Maybe it was different times when he met them, but this is coming off as being the same night.

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
:aicmon: his ducktales spawned a ridiculous thread a few months back about how big Jay was in 99-2000

look...slow jams dropped at the end of 03...the neptunes and jigga were unknown the year Jay decided to release his retirement album and have the neptunes produce the lead single? :aicmon:

somebody gone call dude out on this one day and its gone be hilarious...they tried on Sway but ultimately they just let him go on:aicmon:

shyt just aggravating cause this when all the jay haters come out like "see, nobody knew that nikka...beyonce yada yada"

:aicmon:

TinFoilSnapBack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Jamie is one of the most entertaining storytellers I've ever heard, but he definitely embellishes and gets dates wrong.

I've been cracking up about this story for years. It's hilarious, and probably mostly true, but this negro thinks "Bad Boy 4 Life" came out during Puff's '97 run. :martin:

Y'all are right. I can't wait until the day someone actually calls him out on the huge holes in his stories.