Motherfukk the Acura dealership!

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
My car got recalled for airbag issues so I called to schedule an appointment with the dealership for a free airbag replacement. They got back to me and one of their female customer service reps asked if I also want to get a monthly warranty that will cover my car. I said sure:ehh:. The price ended up being a little too much for me so she transferred me to this dude for an cheaper alternative:

Rep: Would you like a $100 installation fee for a $75 monthly warranty?:youngsabo:

Me: It's a good deal but I'm in a very tight budget right now. Let me think about it:patrice:

Rep: Sir, you literally got a 2000 Acura TL with 223k in mileage. What else is there to think about?:mjtf:

Me::hubie: Actually, it's ok. I'll just get the free airbag repl-

Rep: :hhh::hhh::hhh:"Actually, it's ok" is not even a real answer! What's that supposed to mean:hhh::hhh::hhh:

Me: :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:fukk YOU!!!!!!:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit: (cuts off phone):hhh:

Worst customer service I've experienced in my life. Total disrespect!

Last edited:

Hot Red Buns

Life's too short, little baby fall through
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I wouldn't have even entertained a warranty on a 20 year old car. Most reputable car warranty companies have a cut off limit for the age unless its a classic/vintage that hasn't depreciated in value.

That warranty for the year $1100 is almost the same value of the car itself

edit** are you trolling? :patrice: i feel like i might be stupidly falling for something :jbhmm:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
I wouldn't have even entertained a warranty on a 20 year old car. Most reputable car warranty companies have a cut off limit for the age unless its a classic/vintage that hasn't depreciated in value.

edit** are you trolling? :patrice: i feel like i might be stupidly falling for something :jbhmm:
Not trolling at all

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My car got recalled for airbag issues so I called to schedule an appointment with the dealership for a free airbag replacement. They got back to me and one of their female customer service reps asked if I also want to get a monthly warranty that will cover my car. I said sure:ehh:. The price ended up being a little too much for me so she transferred me to this dude for an cheaper alternative:

Rep: Would you like a $100 installation fee for a $75 monthly warranty?:youngsabo:

Me: It's a good deal but I'm in a very tight budget right now. Let me think about it:patrice:

Rep: Sir, you literally got a 2000 Acura TL with 223k in mileage. What else is there to think about?:mjtf:

Me::hubie: Actually, it's ok. I'll just the free airbag repl-

Rep: :hhh::hhh::hhh:"Actually, it's ok" is not even a real answer! What's that supposed to mean:hhh::hhh::hhh:

Me: :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:fukk YOU!!!!!!:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit: (cuts off phone):hhh:

Worst customer service I've experienced in my life. Total disrespect!

As an Acura owner I'm curious about this Warranty they offered you. I guess what would it cover being as you already have a 20 year old car with 200k miles on it.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps

I'm in my early 20s and pretty naïve to adulting. Don't blame me.

Hot Red Buns

Life's too short, little baby fall through
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Not trolling at all
Well I'm glad you told him "fukk you". My experience with Acura was also VERY poor. I actually came into some good money a few years back and was interested in buying a brand new Acura CASH. Them people at the dealership was sooo rude when I was trying to get quotes.

Infinity on the other hand was the nicest people I ever dealt with (even though I didn't end up getting a car from them either.) They were polite and respectful of my time and money.

And smart not going with a warranty anyway. In less than 60 days your car is gonna take a hit in value. Plus most older car warranties cover mostly the engines but what they don't tell you is that the replacement parts are 95% of the time refurbished and its a good chance you have to keep replacing the same bad parts

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
They always trying to oversell people no matter what dealership that is ..:heh: if you good with the car as is fukk it... Just drive warranty cost money you don't have...:dahell: why he taking offense to that I have no idea, has he not looked out the window and seen how bad it is right now economically these car dealerships is fukking retarded...:wow:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
As an Acura owner I'm curious about this Warranty they offered you. I guess what would it cover being as you already have a 20 year old car with 200k miles on it.
They said it'll cover windows, doors, engine, 35% off oil change, 20% off body fixing, and 10% brake replacement. I felt like it was too good to be true and again, I'm 22 years old, so I still pretty new to handling car business by myself so it's easy for me to get swindled. I was about to call my mom to see if it is a good idea.