Moving abroad, and renouncing citizenship?

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Anybody ever seriously researched and considered this?
Not seriously research. Never seriously considered it.

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Why is it seriously some way to catch some L's?

exit tax
no assurance of reentry
bye bye social security/ medicare
instability risks in whatever country you take citizenship in: changing laws and tax rules in whatever country, lack of social safety nets

taxes are pretty low in the US and its completely possible to have an effective tax rate of 0

there's quite a bit honestly, gotta run

Urban2100

Coligarch
Daps
:salute:
God Willing I'll live in another country when I get my bread right. Most likely in Africa or the Caribbean. Africa is developing at a super fast rate and you have a lot of people from all over the world moving there. Meanwhile there are so many African Americans not even considering it even though they're Black (can blend in easier), have connections in the US, have access to capital, and college educated.

One of my favorite podcasts is called "China in Africa". What I've learned is that mad Chinese are moving to Africa and making a living. Many of them are uneducated and poor.
http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/china-africa-project/the-china-in-africa-podcast

Being black in America is a Pyramid Scheme.

The average net worth for a black family is ZERO.

I've heard that a white person with a criminal record is more likely to get a job than a black person with a degree.

African Americans stay trying to rep a county that will NEVER except them. Thousands of new non-Black immigrants pour in and within a generation their children have more privilege than blacks. Don't forget Obama doesn't have a drop of slave blood. :obama:

I think African American should take a page from the Jewish playbook and LEAVE when there's trouble.

Enslaved in Egypt?... Dip
Targeted in Spain?... Dip
Slaughtered in Germany?.... Dip
And now look at the power and wealth they have. :ld:

Meanwhile... Blacks in America? .... Still here
:mindblown:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
:salute:
God Willing I'll live in another country when I get my bread right. Most likely in Africa or the Caribbean. Africa is developing at a super fast rate and you have a lot of people from all over the world moving there. Meanwhile there are so many African Americans not even considering it even though they're Black (can blend in easier), have connections in the US, have access to capital, and college educated.

One of my favorite podcasts is called "China in Africa". What I've learned is that mad Chinese are moving to Africa and making a living. Many of them are uneducated and poor.
http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/china-africa-project/the-china-in-africa-podcast

Being black in America is a Pyramid Scheme.

The average net worth for a black family is ZERO.

I've heard that a white person with a criminal record is more likely to get a job than a black person with a degree.

African Americans stay trying to rep a county that will NEVER except them. Thousands of new non-Black immigrants pour in and within a generation their children have more privilege than blacks. Don't forget Obama doesn't have a drop of slave blood. :obama:

I think African American should take a page from the Jewish playbook and LEAVE when there's trouble.

Enslaved in Egypt?... Dip
Targeted in Spain?... Dip
Slaughtered in Germany?.... Dip
And now look at the power and wealth they have. :ld:

Meanwhile... Blacks in America? .... Still here
:mindblown:

what does that have to do with renouncing your citizenship?

but to answer op, unless you have money and citizenship in a stable country, that would be pretty stupid, the us is peculiar in that they tax you no matter where you live, so people that are super rich and can already travel and do whatever they want find it a burden, that's a very unique situation that very few people find themselves in, like tina turner http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...turner-formally-relinquishes-u-s-citizenship/

for regular people a us passport is a very powerful thing to have overseas, you would be stupid to give it up

Urban2100

Coligarch
Daps
what does that have to do with renouncing your citizenship?

What does the fact that being a Black person in the United States is a disadvatage have to do with renouncing my citizenship? :sas1: Is that a trick question?

but to answer op, unless you have money and citizenship in a stable country, that would be pretty stupid, the us is peculiar in that they tax you no matter where you live, so people that are super rich and can already travel and do whatever they want find it a burden, that's a very unique situation that very few people find themselves in, like tina turner http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...turner-formally-relinquishes-u-s-citizenship/

You don't have to be "super rich".

Net US tax payable for foreign income on 150000 would be $14,700.
Why would I pay this to a country I don't live in? In addition to tax paid to the county I would stay in.
:what:

for regular people a us passport is a very powerful thing to have overseas, you would be stupid to give it up

The drawbacks of being Black in America and the tax law (And the coming inflation) >>>>> the benifits of a US passport. A PASSPORT THAT COULD MAKE YOU A TARGET AND EVEN GET YOU KILLED. :ufdup:You would be stupid to think otherwise.

Last edited:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
What does the fact that being a Black person in the United States is a disadvatage have to do with renouncing my citizenship? :sas1: Is that a trick question?

no its not a trick question

why would renouncing your american citizenship alleviate the disadavantage of being black?

but if you insist, here you go

http://travel.state.gov/content/tra...aws-policies/renunciation-of-citizenship.html

You don't have to be "super rich".

of course you dont have to be superrich, anybody can do it, but 99 percent of peolpe that do it are super rich

Net US tax payable for foreign income on 150000 would be $14,700.
Why would I pay this to a country I don't live in? In addition to tax paid to the county I would stay in.
:what:

for most normal people its worth it because of the advantages of carrying a us passport

and like i said, most rich american overseas do not like paying taxes, if you are rich and overseas then it might make sense

making 150000 a more a year for the rest of your life in a foreign country is not realistic, but if thats what you are making (:childplease:) than more power to you, maybe you should consider renouncing it

The drawbacks of being Black in America and the tax law (And the coming inflation) >>>>> the benifits of a US passport. A PASSPORT THAT COULD MAKE YOU A TARGET AND EVEN GET YOU KILLED. :ufdup:You would be stupid to think otherwise.

so you are gonna live in a country that would get you killed for being american......ok....have fun, im sure nobody will notice how you talk and dress and you will blend in real good or you can just yell "me no yankee, me no speaka engish" before they shoot you

Last edited:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis