Moving abroad, and renouncing citizenship?

Urban2100

Coligarch
Daps
i just posted this other thread

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/pass...tizenship-into-resource.300348/#post-12554331

it shows that people would give their left nut to get a passport that lets them travel unimpeded, which is what a us passport does, it lets you into any country in the world (except for north korea and cuba) with no hassle

Unless you have another passport. Some people are duel citizens. Citizens of countries that wont have you with a target on your back once you touch down.
:manny:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Anybody ever seriously researched and considered this?
Not seriously research. Never seriously considered it.

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif
Seems like a good way to catch some serious Ls. I seriously looked into it and wouldn't consider it anymore.
:salute:
God Willing I'll live in another country when I get my bread right. Most likely in Africa or the Caribbean. Africa is developing at a super fast rate and you have a lot of people from all over the world moving there. Meanwhile there are so many African Americans not even considering it even though they're Black (can blend in easier), have connections in the US, have access to capital, and college educated.

One of my favorite podcasts is called "China in Africa". What I've learned is that mad Chinese are moving to Africa and making a living. Many of them are uneducated and poor.
http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/china-africa-project/the-china-in-africa-podcast

Being black in America is a Pyramid Scheme.

The average net worth for a black family is ZERO.

I've heard that a white person with a criminal record is more likely to get a job than a black person with a degree.

African Americans stay trying to rep a county that will NEVER except them. Thousands of new non-Black immigrants pour in and within a generation their children have more privilege than blacks. Don't forget Obama doesn't have a drop of slave blood. :obama:

I think African American should take a page from the Jewish playbook and LEAVE when there's trouble.

Enslaved in Egypt?... Dip
Targeted in Spain?... Dip
Slaughtered in Germany?.... Dip
And now look at the power and wealth they have. :ld:

Meanwhile... Blacks in America? .... Still here
:mindblown:
what does that have to do with renouncing your citizenship?

but to answer op, unless you have money and citizenship in a stable country, that would be pretty stupid, the us is peculiar in that they tax you no matter where you live, so people that are super rich and can already travel and do whatever they want find it a burden, that's a very unique situation that very few people find themselves in, like tina turner http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...turner-formally-relinquishes-u-s-citizenship/

for regular people a us passport is a very powerful thing to have overseas, you would be stupid to give it up
Renounce your first-world passport brehs
If America wasn't the only country that taxed you abroad you wouldn't have to worry about renouncing.

Article is fascinating as hell. You need hella bread tho

I suggest ya'll read all of it.

its basically getting passports that grant you access everywhere else.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I was looking at Switzerland too breh :ohhh:
Geneva looking expensive like the bay though ....
You gotta read that article man. I don't know if i'd ever do it (or have the money to take it seriously) but just knowing that these services exist just opens your eyes up to the possibilities out here man. :mjcry:

MFs are really out here MOVING :wow:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I was looking at Switzerland too breh :ohhh:
Geneva looking expensive like the bay though ....

Just marry a woman from the EU or England if you're that hard pressed. England has really messed up citizenship laws now though. Not sure about the other random EU countries but a lot of them require you to live there for x amount of years even if you're married. There's also a cap on what the US will tax you on I think you can make like 70 something without a tax liability on income gained in a foreign country but you'll have to pay local tax I'm assuming which in the EU would eclipse US tax. Read up on double taxation rules per country. I've been looking into having apartment buildings in Europe. It's pretty complicated. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find an accountant who specializes in it.

Last edited:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Unless you have another passport. Some people are duel citizens. Citizens of countries that wont have you with a target on your back once you touch down.
:manny:

actually there are a lot of countries that dont allow dual citizenship, so another advantage of a us passport is that the us doesnt care if you become a citizen of another country, so dual citizenship is another advantage of of a us passport

thats why i asked how is the essay about moving abroad related to renouncing citizenship, if you want to move abroad then move abroad, unless you are rich you arent gaining anything by renouncing your citizenship and renouncing your citizenship isnt going to alleviate black issues, you think racism against black people is only in the us?

Urban2100

Coligarch
Daps
no its not a trick question

why would renouncing your american citizenship alleviate the disadavantage of being black?

Moving to another country will alleviate the disadvantage of being black. Renouncing my citizenship would eventually be the next step. Humor me for a second, the United States is 3.806 million sq miles, name one place other than Atlanta and the HBCU's sprinkled around the country where you can be both in a productive environment with other succesful people and not stand out like a sore thumb if you're black?

Yea so basically, wait til I have kids, then renounce. My kids will have the best of both worlds and can make the choice for themselves.

of course you dont have to be superrich, anybody can do it, but 99 percent of peolpe that do it are super rich

Most do it for tax purposes and others for political. I guess I would be in the latter.

for most normal people its worth it because of the advantages of carrying a us passport

and like i said, most rich american overseas do not like paying taxes, if you are rich and overseas then it might make sense

making 150000 a more a year for the rest of your life in a foreign country is not realistic, but if thats what you are making (:childplease:) than more power to you, maybe you should consider renouncing it

150K was just an example because you said super rich. When I think super rich I think tens of millions.

so you are gonna live in a country that would get you killed for being american......ok....have fun, im sure nobody will notice how you talk and dress and you will blend in real good or you can just yell "me no yankee, me no speaka engish" before they shoot you

Most of the countries with the highest growth (Emerging economies) also happen to be unsafe. Another question: Have you ever spent time in a developing country in a place that wasn't the tourist area breh?:lupe: Americans are targets. I wont have to yell "me no yankee, me no speaka engish"... I'll just show another passport. Dual citizenship. :blessed:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
People really have small minds to think the U.S. is the end all, be all. A whole world is out there.

If I live outside of the U.S. and have residency and/or citizenship in the new country, the fukk do I look like paying taxes to Uncle Scam? :heh:

that makes sense if you are rich or have citizenship in a stable country, it makes no sense if you are not, the us passport alone is worth paying taxes for

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
actually there are a lot of countries that dont allow dual citizenship, so another advantage of a us passport is that the us doesnt care if you become a citizen of another country, so dual citizenship is another advantage of of a us passport

thats why i asked how is the essay about moving abroad related to renouncing citizenship, if you want to move abroad then move abroad, unless you are rich you arent gaining anything by renouncing your citizenship and renouncing your citizenship isnt going to alleviate black issues, you think racism against black people is only in the us?
Actually, the US has a list of countries that doesn't allow dual citizenship...its kinda extensive :heh:

http://www.immihelp.com/citizenship/dual-citizenship-recognize-countries.html

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
that makes sense if you are rich or have citizenship in a stable country, it makes no sense if you are not, the us passport alone is worth paying taxes for
THIS.

There was a story of that woman and Danish dude who got rescued by Navy SEALs and she was saying how lucky she was to be an American cause the Dutch wouldn't have been able to do it :heh: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rescue_of_Jessica_Buchanan_and_Poul_Hagen_Thisted

Say what you want, but when it comes time to ride, the USA shows out :wow:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
exit tax
no assurance of reentry
bye bye social security/ medicare
instability risks in whatever country you take citizenship in: changing laws and tax rules in whatever country, lack of social safety nets

taxes are pretty low in the US and its completely possible to have an effective tax rate of 0

there's quite a bit honestly, gotta run

:sas1: what about the countries that have no income tax?