Moving abroad, and renouncing citizenship?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:sas1: what about the countries that have no income tax?

Which one would you be willing to live in and give up your US citizenship?

You're aware there are more serious taxes for people than income tax right?

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Moving to another country will alleviate the disadvantage of being black.

what country do you think would alleviate the disadvantage of being black?
Renouncing my citizenship would eventually be the next step.

so in other words renouncing your citizenship wouldnt alleviate anything

Humor me for a second, the United States is 3.806 million sq miles, name one place other than Atlanta and the HBCU's sprinkled around the country where you can be both in a productive environment with other succesful people and not stand out like a sore thumb if you're black?

i have no idea, but if it doesnt exist, its on us to create such a place

Yea so basically, wait til I have kids, then renounce. My kids will have the best of both worlds and can make the choice for themselves.

but that just points to why its a mistake to renounce your citizenship

Most do it for tax purposes and others for political. I guess I would be in the latter.

150K was just an example because you said super rich. When I think super rich I think tens of millions.

the amount doesnt matter, my point is that unless you have good money coming in its not worth it

Most of the countries with the highest growth (Emerging economies) also happen to be unsafe.

i know that, that is why your plan doesnt make any sense

Another question: Have you ever spent time in a developing country in a place that wasn't the tourist area breh?:lupe: Americans are targets.

that just begs the question of why would you move to a place where americans are targeted?

I wont have to yell "me no yankee, me no speaka engish"... I'll just show another passport. Dual citizenship. :blessed:

yeah that sounds like a really good plan, im sure that will stop murderers and muggers

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
People really have small minds to think the U.S. is the end all, be all. A whole world is out there.

If I live outside of the U.S. and have residency and/or citizenship in the new country, the fukk do I look like paying taxes to Uncle Scam? :heh:

taxes can be tricky. still have to claim income from other countries on your american tax filings

Urban2100

Coligarch
Daps
actually there are a lot of countries that dont allow dual citizenship, so another advantage of a us passport is that the us doesnt care if you become a citizen of another country, so dual citizenship is another advantage of of a us passport

thats why i asked how is the essay about moving abroad related to renouncing citizenship, if you want to move abroad then move abroad, unless you are rich you arent gaining anything by renouncing your citizenship and renouncing your citizenship isnt going to alleviate black issues, you think racism against black people is only in the us?

You're missing the point. I'm a US citizen now (Country A). I'm also the citizen of another country (Country B). I would walk around with Country B's passport in Country C.

But to your point, I don't think you get how it works. Just because a country doesn't recognize or "doesnt allow" (whatever that means:russ:) dual citizenship doesnt mean when I go back to Country B I wont be a citizen. Get it? In overwhelmingly most cases it doesn't matter breh.

Just as long as my home country recognizes both, it doesnt matter if Country C doesn't want to recognize my citizenship to Country B.

Last edited:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I am aware of that, but I'm saying, if I reside in another country and have citizenship there with no intention of returning, I'm not having a foreign government dig into my pockets like that.

that assumes you have pockets to dig into, comrade

if you go overseas, you will probaly be living in a marxist commune, so you wont have to file any taxes since you wont be making any money

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Which one would you be willing to live in and give up your US citizenship?

You're aware there are more serious taxes for people than income tax right?

:beli: That not true, the taxes are optional; such as customs & excise, restaurant taxes, etc etc. Most of those countries make revenue taxing companies not individuals.

and before you trying grilling me you should know I have citizenship in one of those countries. :smugfavre:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
You're missing the point. I'm a US citizen now (Country A). I'm also the citizen of another country (Country B). I would walk around with the other countries passport in Country C.

But to your point, I don't think you get how it works. Just because a country doesn't recognize or "doesnt allow" (whatever that means:russ:) dual citizenship doesnt mean when I go back to Country B I wont be a citizen. Get it? In overwhelmingly most cases it doesn't matter breh.

Just as long as my home country recognizes both, it doesnt matter if Country C doesn't want to recognize my citizenship to Country B.

honestly im confused as fuk as to what the hell you are saying

but moving on, give me examples of countries B and C where you think all these machinations will work

cuz you are acting like shyt is sweet out there

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
that assumes you have pockets to dig into, comrade

if you go overseas, you will probaly be living in a marxist commune, so you wont have to file any taxes since you wont be making any money

Honestly, you're a trolling idiot with embarrassingly bad analytical skills and historical understanding. Time to put you on Ignore with your buddy Poitier :heh:

:camby: #LowerLearning