New York’s Millionaire Class Is Growing. Other People Are Leaving

Daps
This has been going on slowly but surely since before the towers fell…

Note to the nikkax coming up…while the politicians pump fake like they’re going to come through with a solution…

Choose Wisely in terms of a career path or you’ll end up in The Poconos or the outskirts of Nashville

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Note to the nikkax coming up…while the politicians pump fake like they’re going to come through with a solution…

Choose Wisely in terms of a career path or you’ll end up in The Poconos or the outskirts of Nashville

Even STEM majors are struggling. That's a problem in itself, how you damn near have to be Tony Stark and you living a worse quality of life than your parents. Stop with the 2000s mentality of "STEM or die", cause plenty of IT workers living in someone's basement apartment in the Bronx making 6 figures.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even STEM majors are struggling. That's a problem in itself, how you damn near have to be Tony Stark and you living a worse quality of life than your parents. Stop with the 2000s mentality of "STEM or die", cause plenty of IT workers living in someone's basement apartment in the Bronx making 6 figures.
What’s the proper step academically. Asking for parents lol

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are none, sadly. :francis:

The problem is so outta control that you need nepotism to even have a chance. That's why Gen Z acts like the way it does, cause too many educated broke people.
You said the right word… nepotism lol. It’s why my wife and I have been having debates in regards to public vs private school. I tell her that she doesn’t see the big picture. Proximity is key, and the probability of rubbing shoulders with the right people lies in private.

brickfare

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
north north

Pains me to say this as a Memphian but the outskirts of Nashville ain’t all that bad (other than the occasional flood and nasty ass tap water). Some baaaad black women in the Nashville metro too.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Surprise to no one....

The middle class (6 figure income households) bailed from the state or moved outside city limits during COVID...

200K salary in new york is less than a 100k salary is in South Carolina, why the fukk would you stay in NYC if you can bail?

To make matters worse, the middle made up the bulk of the cities tax payer base...The top and bottom don't pay taxes...

In other words the city is fukked...

Bolded is gospel.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
You said the right word… nepotism lol. It’s why my wife and I have been having debates in regards to public vs private school. I tell her that she doesn’t see the big picture. Proximity is key, and the probability of rubbing shoulders with the right people lies in private.
Private. Don't debate. Make the call and push the button.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
It's fukked.. Been team middle class for ages and know the importance, but we keep getting fuked and shrinking
Yea but to be fair that's always been the game, all these dumbass tax the rich retards don't get that the top still not paying...

Ain't nobody making 7 figures claiming residence in NYC on their taxes giving the city 4% of their income...

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blame the dumbass hipsters and gentrifiers willing to pay what they couldnt afford for this shyt and the greedy real estate folks and city. Folks wanted to be cool for a moment, 5 strangers in a 3 bedroom apartment increasing the cost of living. Now these same folks outpriced themselves and the middle and low income classes.. selfish greedy ass people who cant see theyre in their own way. :mjlol: and now we all have to suffer. Gotta start putting these dumbasses in check fukking ruining shyt for everybody.

VelourSocks

Absentee Mind But The Wisdom Reach Mine
Daps
Reppin
Yoshi City
Problem with nyc mostly is that they are forcing even their government workers to leave the 5 boroughs. I got a government job and it’s damn near impossible for me to stay in the 5 boroughs if I wasn’t living at my parents crib right now saving up money. When cops, fdny, MTA workers, sanitation workers and more can’t afford to live here and most have to live in Jersey or upstate it’s gonna be a huge problem. Most of us are getting priced out of Long Island at this point too. Seeing a lot more of my coworkers moving to Jersey even Pennsylvania in some cases and saying fukk all of this.