New York’s Millionaire Class Is Growing. Other People Are Leaving

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
Anywhere north of Peekskill, NY is a NO GO. That is where you See them rednecks and broke displaced 5 borough heads at. They have no real economy up there, and those winter snowstorms are pure misery.
There are nice suburbs up here but also bad hoods like any other non metro area in the US. I swear some of y’all be talking just to talk. :dead:

Snow ain’t even bad unless you go waaaaaay north. Like past Albany.

VelourSocks

Absentee Mind But The Wisdom Reach Mine
Daps
Reppin
Yoshi City
65K in New York for a family :damn:

And a 2 bed in Newark isn't that far behind Brooklyn if it's 2500 there, particularly if it's the part New Yorkers actually move to.
Man I been to Newark once and it reminded me of a shyttier Jamaica queens. I can’t imagine paying 2500 to live there

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
You'll inevitably see young people moving to the smaller towns that skew older and white. You can't have an average rent of 2k a month and expect someone to live there and spend over 60% of their income on the things they need to LIVE.

:youngsabo:The kids still moving to those cities. by function, the yuppie needs to extract labor from them to be comfortable.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
A lot of young people going to leave these cities if they don't do something as they won't stick around if they don't see a future.

Gen-Z and Gen-Alpha already getting pissed.

LA wasn't even a top 30 city Gen-Zers moved to this year while NY barely made it.

These big cities going to end up old and cold.

Last edited:

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dont know about yall but cost of living is going up EVERYWHERE. its going to get worse the more people move around and into some places.

Anywhere north of Peekskill, NY is a NO GO. That is where you See them rednecks and broke displaced 5 borough heads at. They have no real economy up there, and those winter snowstorms are pure misery.

Youre not lying about that. They were giving me the :mjpls: up in Columbia County when i was on my way to mass in the rest stop. i also remember some white cab driver in albany ny outside the state capital building dragging out a white guy who was his passenger and jim calling him the n word multiple times outloud calling the cops for help at 11 o clock at night in august while they were fighting on the main street. :picard:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The second tier northern metro's (Philly, Chicago, and Baltimore) don't provide enough of a discount from a cost of living standpoint to justify moving there, whereas southern cities provide a bigger discount on that end.
Putting chicago in the same tier as bmore is disrespectful:dead::ufdup:

Daps
what you’re observing is an internal form of imperialism, operating much the same way our global empire does.

they colonize these cities, displacing the people already settled there, pushing them to the margins. the labor of the working poor - which now includes the middle class, since the 1% now controls all of the wealth - is then extracted for the purpose of filling multiple roles in the system: service workers who perform menial tasks, educators who instill proper values in the minds of the children, tradesmen for infrastructural upkeep, etc.

the police are here to ensure none of you get any ideas.

it is the neo feudal reality we now live in. the only means of changing this system is by way of a violent uprising, but most people aren’t ready for that conversation.

:francis: