People are leaving Texas over rising costs, partisan politics, and a sense of disenchantment

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Not sure why someone left leaning would move to a conservative part of the country and be shocked when their political views don’t align with the majority. Also don’t see why you would move just because they don’t share the same views as you. Can still be friendly neighbors :yeshrug: .

Most move to the cities that are not really conservative

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Not sure why someone left leaning would move to a conservative part of the country and be shocked when their political views don’t align with the majority. Also don’t see why you would move just because they don’t share the same views as you. Can still be friendly neighbors :yeshrug: .
white people still got that colonial mindset, if enough of them move to one place they literally think they can just enforce their culture wherever they move,

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Sounds like NYC, concrete jungle and home of the fake liberal that would be the guest of honor at a segregationist convention + get a nomination for the regional Bull Connor Citizenship Award.

We got it all here:
- bootleg liberals
- actual liberals when it comes to using your mental illness to chop off your díck
- insane wealth gap
- made up high prices
- cops that wish they could wild out like law enforcement from Eyes on the Prize
- abysmal wages for anyone darker than printer paper

But hey, you can still get a chopped cheese at 3am and some K2 masquerading as haze
There's perks to NY though. It's a cultural hub. Texas ain't got shyt. I was born and raised here. You know I lives in NYC. It's heaven compared to Texas. Ny has the benefit of being a great state beyond NYC. You can live in an affordable upstate town with the perks of a liberal state. Win-win.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
How is Arkansas, I'm guessing you're in Little Rock?

I been thinking about visiting there since it's probably the only area in the south outside of Tennesse that has a Fall weather with good outdoor activities
Not in LR, im in Conway but my sister lives in LR off Cantrell
Iykyk:pachaha:
But they are gentrifying that area heavy because they want the tourism
Library, Nightlife, Airport access ease
But I have people throughout Arkansas from Arkadelphia to Pine Bluff
Arkansas and Alabama are hidden gems. I was drilling out of Little Rock for a year. Loved the area, women were cool, and housing seemed to be cheap. I hear nothing but great things about Arkansas.

Huntsville has the highest concentration of Engineers in the US. Between the military and NASA, there’s a huge need. My Wife has people out that way though and the poverty is real poverty.
It’s peaceful and quiet at night
Sitting on my back porch as I type this

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I said the same thing, Austin is damn near Cali prices but without the food, weather, women, scenery, beach, mountains, and weed. I have no idea why people love Austin.

This fukkin part unless you’re willing to go to Rainey St. every weekend shyt is fukkin dry, and I’m too old to be crashing out on Rainey Street. There was that allure to Austin in the 2000s with keep Austin weird but that shyt has died out. It’s like when ford bought Jaguar and instead of building a new platform ford just slapped the Jag logo onto a Ford Contour.

Texas is a big ass state.

I think the problem is people work and live near major cities and the surrounding areas. That tends to drive up everything.

This is why we should be at a point where remote work in most industries should’ve been phased in.

This entire country has revolved around cars and highways/freeways since the 50’s.

We should have advanced rail network infrastructure, top notch telecommunications and remote work models in a lot of industries.

But, our education is underfunded. No high speed rail, shytty road infrastructure, and the price of cars and fuel has risen greatly. Now housing is unaffordable to many.

If you’re single, you gotta make at least $65,000 and up no matter what state you live in, if you plan on paying bills and saving money. shyt is ridiculous.

For some reason Houston has been resilient to the housing market my old apartment off of memorial was going for the same rates 6 years later.

Texas is a legit microcosm of the US capitalism at its finest, everything is fine as long as you’re making money.

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Daps
Tell them to come try and living for 1 week in NYC and see how much they love Texas.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
As a Cali breh the Midwest is looking way better than the south
@Buckeye Fever @Tenchi Ryu what yall think?
Can I make it in the Midwest? :lupe:
im from the midwest, been in cali for LA for 10yrs.. Bout to go back next year. The snow and cold is ass, but i can get way more space for half of wtf i'm paying for in LA. and i work remote, i aint gotta go outside when its cold :russ:. Plus the way its bout to be set up, i can go post up in LA for a month or 2 during the winter.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Yet I had a niqqa arguing me down about the desirability of Texas :pachaha:
Well when cliches and proverbs get told about a nation being advanced by its youth, young adults (who are progressive/left) would imagine their needs would be heard and somewhat met in order to push things forward. Texas has done the opposite of that and has regressed in some social issues.

Add in the forementioned price hikes, and undesirable weather (no, everyone does not want 2 months of spring, 8 months of summer, and 2 more months of spring pretending to be fall, with hurricane and tornado vulnerability, and potential cold fronts the state powers are unprepared for), and some people will leave.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some of you are in here cheering that people are leaving Texas.

I am too.
But for different reasons. Like, the State's reaction and voting record after the Uvalde massacre of children. And the State government continuously failing its people when there's a natural disaster, like Hurricane Harvey and the Texas Freeze of 2021...and your Senator Ted Cruz fleeing to Cancun.

So yeah. Good on some people for leaving that dump.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Some of you are in here cheering that people are leaving Texas.

I am too.
But for different reasons. Like, the State's reaction and voting record after the Uvalde massacre of children. And the State government continuously failing its people when there's a natural disaster, like Hurricane Harvey and the Texas Freeze of 2021...and your Senator Ted Cruz fleeing to Cancun.

So yeah. Good on some people for leaving that dump.
Its sad because TX has some many blsck people but only concentrated in areas so no matter how you vote some cacs vote in Lubbock matters more.