People are leaving Texas over rising costs, partisan politics, and a sense of disenchantment

Redwood

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
Bruh these rents are getting sky high. 2k and up to be in a decent house in Houston you may as well pay a few hundred more to live in Cali suburbs! shyt I got mad as fukk just thinking about it yesterday because me and my girl are looking to move into a house …

They're giving cats the runaround more and more too :stopitslime:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Do you mind sharing the county you are in? Me and my wife discuss doing something similar. Oklahoma is and Michigan are two places my wife keep throwing out.
I live in Conway, it’s a college town but also a suburb with some country parts further out
It’s Faulkner County

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Wife and I have been much happier since moving to the country in Arkansas
Around family
Making some cool friends
Traffic isn’t a hellscape
Only thing is I pay state tax
Only driving to Houston if certain artist aren’t going to Dallas or Memphis
Couldn’t pay me to move back there

How is Arkansas, I'm guessing you're in Little Rock?

I been thinking about visiting there since it's probably the only area in the south outside of Tennesse that has a Fall weather with good outdoor activities

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Not sure why someone left leaning would move to a conservative part of the country and be shocked when their political views don’t align with the majority. Also don’t see why you would move just because they don’t share the same views as you. Can still be friendly neighbors :yeshrug: .

Reminds me of Koalabama. Folks out here just keep it trucking and could GAF about right or left. Yes this is red state, but the folks are not insufferable like the ones in GA and SC about it. At the end of the day, we all trying to get by, fukk a left and right.

Loggie

All Star
Daps
Wife and I have been much happier since moving to the country in Arkansas
Around family
Making some cool friends
Traffic isn’t a hellscape
Only thing is I pay state tax
Only driving to Houston if certain artist aren’t going to Dallas or Memphis
Couldn’t pay me to move back there
Arkansas and Alabama are hidden gems. I was drilling out of Little Rock for a year. Loved the area, women were cool, and housing seemed to be cheap. I hear nothing but great things about Arkansas.

Huntsville has the highest concentration of Engineers in the US. Between the military and NASA, there’s a huge need. My Wife has people out that way though and the poverty is real poverty.