People are leaving Texas over rising costs, partisan politics, and a sense of disenchantment

JNew

Superstar
Daps
worked for a company in 2020 that tried to get me to relocate to Texasss.

at the time everyone was moving to texasss...because...so something instinctively told me not to.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I can see why people are put off by the politics and ultra “pride and patriotism” that exists in Texas. Was in TX for thanksgiving and saw a commercial from a roofing company. The commercial showed them reciting the pledge of allegiance and finished with “god bless Texas” at the end. Not a single word about roofing in the entire ad.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Liberals realizing they can't change Texas.

Pewn
Quote any of this in what is posted. I saw life long and long term Texan quotes.

This retarded partisan shyt you carry on on this forum is embarrassing. Like you are in a cult. You pull bullshyt out of an article that isn't there... How warped is your mind?

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Sad part is native Texans will just spin this as a win since they didn’t like the new comers to begin with
Dallas and Houston metro exploded the last decade so I wouldn’t read too much into this, they’d have to lose hundreds of thousands of people to get to pre migration numbers
This headline is misleading as fukk because Dallas or DFW continues to explode. In the next 10+ years the metroplex with surpass Chicago as the 3rd most populated metropolitan area in the country. I love Texas.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
This headline is misleading as fukk because Dallas or DFW continues to explode. In the next 10+ years the metroplex with surpass Chicago as the 3rd most populated metropolitan area in the country. I love Texas.

Both things can be true. They said Texas not Dallas, transplants from Austin could be leaving while people still move to Austin.

What makes you love it so much and have you lived anywhere else?

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
yea I recently saw a YT video that was saying the Houston-Austin-Dallas metroplex might be considered one region soon and it would be the biggest in America, surpassing the Boston-NYC-Philly tri state one. Some people might be leaving but it's not enough to be newsworthy imo

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Both things can be true. They said Texas not Dallas, transplants from Austin could be leaving while people still move to Austin.

What makes you love it so much and have you lived anywhere else?
I’ve lived everywhere from Maryland to Georgia to Washington State, Germany, WV, NC, VA, PA & TX.

DFW very diverse, tremendous job market

To name a few things:

*I like being able to witness the explosive growth in real time as the Metroplex matures into a Megacity.

*No income tax (and yes, I've heard the whole spiel about property taxes, no need to tell me again).

*Long warm/sunny season. Dallas is hot but mainly not gloomy from April to October which is awesome.

*Every destination (small & large) in the US is only a 2-hour direct flight.

*While Dallas is getting more expensive, considering the size and amenities you get here (only Chicago and Houston compare outside the expensive coastal cities), it's still an overall good bargain COL-wise

*Traffic is not as bad as people make it out to be. The drivers are insane for sure, but outside of rush hour, it's not constant gridlock around here unlike most major cities (looking at Atlanta, Houston, LA, Chicago, NYC, Seattle, etc.), which I think is impressive for the 4th largest metro.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Its sad because TX has some many blsck people but only concentrated in areas so no matter how you vote some cacs vote in Lubbock matters more.
Don't get me started on that place. They are just getting to 2003 out there. I'm so glad the entire family finally went back to Dallas after the OGs of the family passed on. Just thinking about Lubbock is depressing.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
worked for a company in 2020 that tried to get me to relocate to Texasss.

at the time everyone was moving to texasss...because...so something instinctively told me not to.
A company did relocate me to Texas and it dovetailed perfectly with my interest to move here for family. My now role and company, clients are here and there is some benefit but not to the point that my job wouldn’t fly me out/etc for in-person stuff. They’ve done so for elsewhere already.

I don’t regret moving here at all, but it’s not a “forever” thing/place either and not where I want my baby to be educated/raised etc.