Next target of SCOTUS post-Roe

If Roe v Wade goes, what is the next target? (pick 2)

• Miranda v. Arizona

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Affirmative Action in education and employment

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • 1964 Civil Rights Act, Title I

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • 1964 Civil Rights Act, Title II

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Fair Housing Act

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • "Clarifying" separation of church and state in a way that favors religion

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
SO I could be wrong but I have all but given up Roe v. Wade as dead. I never have been pro-abortion but was fine with it being a personal thing as long as you aren't selecting against a child with certain characteristics (gender etc.)

But clearly this new court may be on some BS for a while so I am wondering what is next. Since the 1965 Civil Rights Act is all but gutted, favorites in the past have been:

Miranda v. Arizona - The Miranda warning and the rights from the case have been blamed by some on the falling clearance for many property and homicide crimes since the 1960s. In this "tough on crime" environment that seems to be emerging, I can imagine this being an ideal target

Affirmative Action in education and employment - enough said

1964 Civil Rights Act, Title I - voting rights; presaged the 1965 act by banning literacy tests etc. Poll taxes are illegal per the 24th amendment.

1964 Civil Rights Act, Title II - this outlawed discrimination in businesses engaged in interstate commerce (i.e. all private businesses). This has been a periodic target under private property rights to discriminate, etc.

Fair Housing Act - outlaws most housing discrimination based on race

"Clarifying" separation of church and state in a way that favors religion - I am thinking government funding for parochial schools, religious events at schools, proselytizing with government resources etc.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Affirmative Action. Conservatives are more united and predictable on AA than on abortion. Affirmative Action in its current form likely won't exist this time next year.

That's what I'm thinking but I feel some cases are going to be thrown up there to see how much they can get. Outside of elite colleges and federal contracting, affirmative action is on life support so that's a win but they want a knock out I'm afraid.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Affirmative action, gay marriage

I can see them hitting at trans but gay marriage is popular with too many white folks to get sustained momentum I suspect. I know even conservative Christians that do an about face on that when a child or close family/friend comes out as gay.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Affirmative Action is definitely next on the chopping block

White women are about to reap what they've sown :yeshrug:

A lot of people don't realize how many White women get abortions on the low at private clinics. They think shyt is sweet until they miss popping the pill and now a lot of them are going to be stuck unless they are willing to take a hike to a blue or purple state.

Ezra

Daps
I can see them hitting at trans but gay marriage is popular with too many white folks to get sustained momentum I suspect. I know even conservative Christians that do an about face on that when a child or close family/friend comes out as gay.
It wont be gay marriage. They may hate gay marriage, but it also doesnt infringe on anything. They will attack stuff that is seen as taking away from white conservatives. They're setting up a system where the 2nd Amendment and 'Freedom of Religion' supercede all the other rights.

Gay marriage is fine, but they'll create a carve out where employers can refuse to hire or serve gay/trans people. They'll continue to push public tax money to private religious schools.

Affirmative action is gone. Fair housing will be neutered. Fair Hiring will be snipped too.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
A lot of people don't realize how many White women get abortions on the low at private clinics. They think shyt is sweet until they miss popping the pill and now a lot of them are going to be stuck unless they are willing to take a hike to a blue or purple state.
White women of means are going to be straight

If Roe v Wade gets nuked, they will essentially go to Mexico, get an abortion for the low, chill in Cancun for a few days and come back ready to continue doing whatever they were doing before

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
chattel slavery will never come back but i can see blacks further railroaded into low skill/low pay jobs that cacs don't want and further railroaded into the prison industrial complex....
this is about to happen ASAP - a lot of supposedly left cities are calling for more law & order, let alone the red areas that never tried to reform criminal justice