bnew

Veteran
Daps

North Carolina father charged in killing of driver who fatally struck son​

Updated 4:24 PM EDT, August 14, 2023

TIMBERLAKE, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina father has been charged after fatally shooting a driver who hit and killed his teenage son along a road Monday, a sheriff said.

The 17-year-old boy died as the family of three walked home after running out of gas around 6:30 a.m., Person County Sheriff Jason Wilborn told news outlets. The driver of the truck stopped and called 911 shortly after the crash, which happened near Timberlake.

The teen’s father, Chad Woods, then pulled out a gun and shot the driver, who was identified as Jeffery McKay, the sheriff’s office said. After the shooting, Woods took the driver’s vehicle and drove home, officials said. News outlets report McKay was driving a North Carolina Department of Adult Corrections vehicle.

Woods was arrested and charged with second-degree murder and larceny of a motor vehicle, the sheriff’s office said. Woods is set to appear in court on Aug. 21. It wasn’t immediately clear whether he has an attorney, courthouse officials said.

“This is kind of a first. I’ve been to people struck by cars and I’ve been to shootings, but I haven’t ever had this happen at the same time. Sad situation all around, for all the families,” Sgt. Kevin Morris, with the sheriff’s office, told WTVD-TV.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought maybe it was on some hit and run shyt...but he stopped and called 911. I can understand you being upset, but now you gonna spend the rest of your life in a box over an accident? :snoop:
That’s easy for you to respond to this but it’s literally impossible for you to put yourself in the shoes of a man who had to watch his son be struck and die, accident or not.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
That’s easy for you to respond to this but it’s literally impossible for you to put yourself in the shoes of a man who had to watch his son be struck and die, accident or not.

It's literally not. This man did absolutely nothing to preserve the life of his son, the life of the man who made a mistake, and his own. The article makes no mention of his son dying immediately. So instead of trying to see if he/they could do anything to increase his chances of survival, he pulled a gun and killed a man. Not only that he stole the mans car and drove home, leaving his son to die on the side of the road.

He did every single thing wrong possible. I don't need experience to know that his goal as a father was to try and save his sons life, even if those attempts were futile. So as he spends his last breaths in jail, do you think he'll regret not doing things differently?

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
It's literally not. This man did absolutely nothing to preserve the life of his son, the life of the man who made a mistake, and his own. The article makes no mention of his son dying immediately. So instead of trying to see if he/they could do anything to increase his chances of survival, he pulled a gun and killed a man. Not only that he stole the mans car and drove home, leaving his son to die on the side of the road.

He did every single thing wrong possible. I don't need experience to know that his goal as a father was to try and save his sons life, even if those attempts were futile. So as he spends his last breaths in jail, do you think he'll regret not doing things differently?
Did the article mention the son was still alive after being struck?

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Makes no difference. a normal person not leaving their dead childs body in the street like road kill if they die regardless
Yeah cause you definitely will act normal when your son is killed and you just killed the person that did it right?

Cause when your son was killed and you killed the murderer you sat by the body right?
Cause you def have that experience to judge right?

Right?:camby:

Blown Moon

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I thought maybe it was on some hit and run shyt...but he stopped and called 911. I can understand you being upset, but now you gonna spend the rest of your life in a box over an accident? :snoop:

He might've seen this person texting or just not paying attention. If it was something like that I would've at least beaten the person.