Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Thats your personal opinion. Will the judge and prosecutors think it was justifiable? How would I know. He will obviously charged with a crime because he did something illegal, but every part of the legal system has discretion built into it. If your emotions cloud your judgement there is no controlling yourself. If his anger was justified then his action were to it's that simple.
Well having worked in the criminal justice system for over 20 years tells me this is a murder. NO prosecutor is going to consider this justifiable. No statute in any state will consider this justifiable. You think if something makes you justifiably angry then your actions that come after it are too?:what::mjlol: LMAO at you saying "it's that simple". Dude there is justifable anger in A LOT of murder cases. Now you are correct in that the prosecutors have a lot of discretion. And maybe the prosecutor on his case will be super nice and reduce this to a voluntary manslaughter. But I doubt it. You can call it my "personal opinion" sure. But I have passed bar exams in two different states and I have participated in numerous murder cases all the way thru trial so I feel pretty comfortable in my "opinion".

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Well having worked in the criminal justice system for over 20 years tells me this is a murder. NO prosecutor is going to consider this justifiable. No statute in any state will consider this justifiable. You think if something makes you justifiably angry then your actions that come after it are too?:what::mjlol: LMAO at you saying "it's that simple". Dude there is justifable anger in A LOT of murder cases. Now you are correct in that the prosecutors have a lot of discretion. And maybe the prosecutor on his case will be super nice and reduce this to a voluntary manslaughter. But I doubt it. You can call it my "personal opinion" sure. But I have passed bar exams in two different states and I have participated in numerous murder cases all the way thru trial so I feel pretty comfortable in my "opinion".
What is illegal is based on law and what people think is acceptable is based on convention. I don't care what the law says it's not a code of morality or normative ethics. You said there was NO justification for it. I disagree. Someone killed his son and he got angry. You can question the logic of it, the future consequences of it, and criticize his emotional regulation, but that doesn't necessarily make it outright unjustifiable. He can be put to death and that wouldn't change my mind.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
What is illegal is based on law and what people think is acceptable is based on convention. I don't care what the law says it's not a code of morality or normative ethics. You said there was NO justification for it. I disagree. Someone killed his son and he got angry. You can question the logic of it, the future consequences of it, and criticize his emotional regulation, but that doesn't necessarily make it outright unjustifiable. He can be put to death and that wouldn't change my mind.
Justification is a legal term. There was no justification here. This is revenge. My advice to you is if you find yourself in a similar situation, don't do what he did. You will be sitting in a 6x9 for a very long time. But the final decision is yours.

Do what you will.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Justification is a legal term. There was no justification here. This is revenge. My advice to you is if you find yourself in a similar situation, don't do what he did. You will be sitting in a 6x9 for a very long time. But the final decision is yours.

Do what you will.
Huh? Justification isn't normally used as a legal term. If anything it's a religious term but obvious in colloquial use it is neither. I already said I disagree and if I were you I would stop giving unsolicited meaningless advice in conversations you're not making any leeway in. It comes off passive aggressive.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Huh? Justification isn't normally used as a legal term. If anything it's a religious term but obvious in colloquial use it is neither. I already said I disagree and if I were you I would stop giving unsolicited meaningless advice in conversations you're not making any leeway in. It comes off passive aggressive.
Oh it isn't? WELL DAMM all that money I wasted on law school. And all these judges I have been in front of been lying to me! I should have just come to YOU.

Niqqa you are not me. You are somebody who has developed a dumb azz theory in your head and is riding with it. Since you know so much, tell us, what kind of defense is "self defense"? Let me help you. Self defense is a form of LEGAL JUSTIFICATION. Unsolicited meaningless advice? :mjlol:

Dude, just shut the helll up. The next time somebody makes you mad maybe you should just kill them and see if your brilliant theory works. You are apparently one of these smart DUMB AZZ niqqas. Go ahead and do you.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
He's a convicted felon in position of a firearm, so he wasn't supposed to have the gun in the first place. He'll probably have that possession charge upcoming...

He's got 5 convictions, most recently a DWI in from 2019 that he pled guilty in 2021 on probation. He isn't on probation currently and the one time he went to prison, he got out almost 20 years ago (December 2003)...

They are going to look at his record and his possession of the gun just like they are going to weigh how his emotions of the moment carried this and him stealing the truck...

He's going back to prison for the first time in two decades but I doubt it's for a very long time. Granted, he's 41 years old, so this could still essentially be throwing your life away. I wouldnt at all be surprised to see a max of 12 years tops on this. Wouldn't be shocked to see as little as 5. I think he'll be able to plead this to voluntary manslaughter + firearm by felon, my guess is he gets sentenced towards the high end. So 10+ years but I'd be shocked to see him get Life or anything close to it behind this...

All this said, I'm not judging his actions, I'm only speaking on how I think NC will handle him based on what I know...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I agree that this is a murder but there's so much grey area in murders. I knew a guy who used to let an old white man suck his dikk for cash. He blanked out one day and stabbed the man multiple times in the head and face, killed him, and only got a 5-7 for voluntary manslaughter because it was decided it was a "crime of passion". And I'd definitely consider that shyt a murder...

This was in North Carolina...

The brother in this case has more of a record than the guy in the case I described, so his manslaughter conviction will be towards the higher end, probably 10-12 years. I can see him getting off good on some "crime of passion" shyt...

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
I'm usually the first person to roll their eyes at the mention of "toxic masculinity" but you legitimately have neanderthals in this thread reasoning that murder is an understandable response to grief.

Peauxboy

Pro
Daps
The family of three

The family of three

THE FAMILY OF MOTHER fukkIN THREE…

b3b.png

Now stop discussing this man stealing the police car.

It’s obvious why…..