EVERYTHING TOGETHER.
:devil:
:evil:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Wasn't Mega pretty heavily criticized for this? The way his flow was so choppy and no breath control.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Wasn't Mega pretty heavily criticized for this? The way his flow was so choppy and no breath control.

Naw I’m sure mega was writing. He probably was a heavy punch in rapper, but punching on verses that were already pre written. The conversation is about rappers not writing at all, and creating on the spot in the booth by punching in piece by piece till the verse/sing is fine.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO

NAH JAY ISNT A PUNCH IN RAPPER.

HE WRITES THE VERSES IN HIS HEAD
THEN STEPS IN THE BOOTH
AND LAYS THEM DOWN.

FUTURE IS THE
REASON ALL OF THESE TALENTLESS
RAPPERS USE THE PUNCH IN METHOD.

SPIT A COUPLE OF BARS OFF THE DOME.
THEN DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN
UNTIL YOU HAVE A SONG
AS THE ENGINEER PIECES
EVERYTHING TOGETHER.

I’m talking about not writing

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Naw I’m sure mega was writing. He probably was a heavy punch in rapper, but punching on verses that were already pre written. The conversation is about rappers not writing at all, and creating on the spot in the booth by punching in piece by piece till the verse/sing is fine.

yeah, I just phrased that too quickly. He wrote, but his verses were punched in to hide technical skills, like breath control and flow right? Was just listening to Mega the last few days, the first two, and I see the criticism. When I was a kid, I didn't focus on that kind of thing, technical shyt like that. But, yeah, flow was choppy and you can kinda tell the punch in's.

And someone like Nas wasn't punching in, back then, he or like Pac was known for one take sessions, where he had a whole song already done.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It is what and how an amateur records.

No dope emcee past g rap and pun for health reason get a pass punching in.

Past that.

The easiest way to see and note a wack rapper is one who punches in.

Art Barr
What are your thoughts on doing verses in one take vs multiple edits and layering the track?

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
All this shyt started with Jay and Biggie coming in the studio with memorized pre writtens or ghost writtens frontin like they’re Rainman

There is nothing wrong with writing down your raps then memorizing them before you go in the booth.

Most rappers used to do it that way that’s why they used to flow so much smoother

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
I was pretty mystified by the Flint, Michigan rapper style, I even felt these guys had a chance of surpassing my favorite rapper, then I saw a video of them in the booth 3 men coming up with literally 1 line at a time and I was like ohhhh :francis:

Compare

To this

^ when it’s like the first example, the audio engineer should be dropping the album with a “featuring guest appearances from”

Still sounds dope though and I will gather from it what it’s worth

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
yeah, I just phrased that too quickly. He wrote, but his verses were punched in to hide technical skills, like breath control and flow right? Was just listening to Mega the last few days, the first two, and I see the criticism. When I was a kid, I didn't focus on that kind of thing, technical shyt like that. But, yeah, flow was choppy and you can kinda tell the punch in's.

And someone like Nas wasn't punching in, back then, he or like Pac was known for one take sessions, where he had a whole song already done.

RAEKWON WAS A HEAVY
PUNCH IN RAPPER
IN THE VEIN YOURE SPEAKING OF.