Obama's Black Attorney General Compares NC "bathroom' bill to Jim Crow

End Cruelty

Yuffie butter!
Daps
Reppin
Gaia
Yes, it is similar to one of many things that happened to black folks in America.

Man On Fire

All Star
Daps
Reppin
nyc
AG Loretta Lynch slams North Carolina bathroom bill, likening it to Jim Crow Laws

Following North Carolina’s announcement that it would file a lawsuit against the Department of Justice for the controversial “bathroom bill,” the DOJ filed a counter-suit against the state. Attorney General Loretta Lynch spoke out before a news conference likening the discriminatory objection to civil rights liberties in the past.

“We saw it in the Jim Crow laws that followed the Emancipation Proclamation,” Lynch said. “We saw it in the fierce and widespread resistance to Brown v. Board of Education.”

She continued, “bill after bill in state after state [is] taking aim at the LGBT community,” which she said is borne out of “fear of the unknown” and a discomfort for change.

North Carolina says the so-called bathroom bill is a “common sense bodily privacy law.” The act bans individuals from using public bathrooms that do not correspond with their biological sex, as dictated by their birth certificates.

:stopitslime:

Disgusting brehs:snoop:

We fukked up man:snoop:

BlaKcMoney

Hijo Del Ray
Daps
To deny a human being basic rights is discrimination based on sexuality and gender orientation..... :francis:

6262220458033152.png

:beli: While it's not JIM CROW like i said, it is still in essence discrimination, correct?!!?
how are they being denied rights if they were born a man and are allowed to use the mens restroom?

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
I have no issues with gays or even trannies of that matter. I'm a classical liberal in the sense I firmly believe in live and let live. If it is not my household or me personally I'm not going to dictate what someone else can do if it has no effect on others.

However this does have an effect on other people. I think most people view the restroom as a private area and they already only tolerate having to sit and take care of the business with the same sex. I don't think trannies will be weirdos in the restrooms but I'm more concerned about other people who will use the law as a cover for their freak habits. there was no law keeping men to not go into a woman's restroom before but there is enough of a social stigma to discourage it and if someone saw someone do it they would garner attention.

People will say "it's not a big deal" to which I say if it's not a big deal then why can't they simply use the male restroom like before?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Lgbts comparing their struggle to the black struggle is infuriating.

Sexual orientation is not equal to race or ethnicity.

Anybody of any race can be gay or lesbian. Only black people can be black.

@Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha had it right on the money...this is just another way to fukk over black folks.

Agree with the bolded.

But to act like the bill isn't a FORM of Jim Crow is ingenuousness. Is it Jim Crow or a "new" Jim Crow? fukk no because like others said you don't see transgenders having to deal with the scale of shyt that our people had to go through with Jim Crow.

And we all know that if this clown ass law ain't repealed, we know that we are next on the block (as usual).

I know she's gonna be called a c00n and shyt because that word has been b*stardized as well, but that's not the case. I wouldn't have brought up Jim Crow if I was her or at least she could have said a form of it.

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The more i see this issue. The less i care about it.

Comparing lgbt struggles (esp if they're non black) to jim crow is absurd. They're not the same. Yes, discrimination is...well, discrimination. But the non black lgbt arent being hanged, being made to slaves.getting shot, Etc.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I don't think trannies will be weirdos in the restrooms but I'm more concerned about other people who will use the law as a cover for their freak habits. there was no law keeping men to not go into a woman's restroom before but there is enough of a social stigma to discourage it and if someone saw someone do it they would garner attention.

I feel where you are coming from but the above isn't something that will be happening that often. Trying to use an extreme exception and paint it as the norm is very dangerous. We see it all the time with the way they cover us in the media. No straight up dude is gonna walk in a females bathroom claiming he's a female. But if it does happen, that shyt will be so rare that it shouldn't even be worried about. The authorities would handle that shyt swiftly (you know they would love to beat a mufukka down for that kinda shyt and more importantly get away with it, which they would). I know the media will blow that shyt outta proportion though unfortunately.

Can't legalize against crazy.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
Ive never seen gay people excluded by a law or a sign that says "heterosexual only"

Ive seen them get bullied, teased but rarely excluded. Their so called "hardship" is some bullshyt. The amount of accommodations these mf have...these perfectly healthy mfers can rent out a womans stomach or a sperm donor to manufacture their unnatural families

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I wholeheartedly agree with you 100%.... :ld:

But here's the dilemma if you discriminate against them and they sanction it, solidify it, who's to say they wont try anything similar on us down the line in a form or manner. That's partially my worry.

:ld:
It is a slippery slope which is why black folks should be paying attention to this.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
even tho i'd say im "left" on most issues, the left wing of the country keeps disgusting me lately :scusthov: im getting tired of this liberal bullshyt
Yeah, I'm getting tired of this liberal bullshyt too. I don't want to have kids and have to have them deal with this....
Women assaults up 121,000% in two weeks when you dumb fukks gonna get it.It ain't the trannies I worry about it's the sick perves,pedo's and sexual deviants.

Who are gonna chastise women:stopitslime:

Man in women’s locker room cites gender rule
Seattle Parks and Recreation is facing a first-of-a-kind challenge to gender bathroom rules. A man undressed in a women’s locker room, citing a new state rule that allows people to choose a bathroom based on gender identity.
Man Dressed as Woman Arrested for Spying Into Mall Bathroom Stall, Police Say
A man dressed as a woman was arrested in Virginia on Monday after police say he was caught peeping into restroom stalls three times in the past year.
Richard Rodriguez, 30, filmed a woman in a bathroom stall at the Potomac Mills Mall, Prince William County Police said on Tuesday. A 35-year-old woman was in the stall when she saw a bag moved toward her under the stall divider. Rodriguez apparently had been filming her, police said.
Palmdale man arrested for videotaping in women’s bathroom
PALMDALE – A 33-year-old Palmdale man who allegedly dressed as a woman while secretly videotaping females using a department store bathroom was charged with several misdemeanor counts Tuesday, authorities said.
Jason Pomare was charged with six counts of unlawful use of a concealed camera for the purposes of sexual gratification, according to Sergeant Brian Hudson of the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department’s Special Victims Bureau.
Sexual predator jailed after claiming to be ‘transgender’ to assault women in shelter
A biological man claiming to be ‘transgender’ so as to gain access to and prey on women at two Toronto shelters was jailed “indefinitely” last week after being declared by a judge a “dangerous offender.”
Pro-family leaders are pointing out that this is exactly the type of incident they warned of as the Ontario government passed its “gender identity” bill, dubbed the “bathroom bill,” in 2012.
University of Toronto Dumps Transgender Bathrooms After Peeping Incidents
The administration at the University of Toronto was recently enlightened on why two separate washrooms are generally established for men and women sharing co-ed residencies.Here are nineteen more stories of predators using public bathrooms to criminally victimize women and children:
Man accused of filming women in Smyrna park’s bathroom
SMYRNA, Tenn. – Authorities believe a man arrested in Wisconsin filmed women inside Smyrna restrooms.
William Davis was charged in Smyrna with felony especially aggravated sexual exploitation of a minor.
Fullerton man arrested on suspicion of filming people in a Chapman University bathroom
A 24-year-old man was arrested Tuesday after a hidden cell phone was found recording video inside a Chapman University bathroom, police said.
A female employee told campus public safety officials at 1 a.m. Tuesday she had seen a cell phone while inside a unisex single-person restroom in the Leatherby Libraries, said Lt. Fred Lopez of the Orange Police Department. The bathroom is located on the first floor Rotunda Commons.
Campbell man, a teacher, arrested for secretly recording people inside bathroom
SAN JOSE – A private elementary schoolteacher accused of secretly recording people in the bathroom of his home was charged Wednesday with three misdemeanors, according to the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office.
Authorities say the arrest Thursday of 31-year-old Andrew Donahue of Campbell was not related to his role as a teacher at Challenger School in San Jose. Donahue has been charged with three counts of taking photographs or filming someone who is in a bathroom or in a state of privacy, according to prosecutor Luis Ramos.:usure:
This is what people aren't getting.