Official SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Thread

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I agree with you on the suit but would the suit been something that 15yr old Peter Parker would of been able to come up with at this time?
By 15?

The web shooters...maybe. Not the suit though. That suit I feel, is like a combination of years of tech that he develops little by little on his own, all crammed into one awesome fukking suit.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Yea I recognized the rubble scene from spectacular Spider-Man and had to see the actual comic page it came from, knew what it was when vulture drop the roof on him but man I was not expecting the emotional scene of him crying and showing dat deep down he's still a kid....but also dat he's so much more than dat and the "birth" of Spider-Man :banderas: oh I'm definitely catching this a couple more times gotta show my fave hero more love

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yea I recognized the rubble scene from spectacular Spider-Man and had to see the actual comic page it came from, knew what it was when vulture drop the roof on him but man I was not expecting the emotional scene of him crying and showing dat deep down he's still a kid....but also dat he's so much more than dat and the "birth" of Spider-Man :banderas: oh I'm definitely catching this a couple more times gotta show my fave hero more love
That shyt was AMAZING!

Those are those little things that make Spiderman such a loved character...he's not Tony Stark, he's not Steve Rogers, he's just a dude that happened to get some spider powers and he's trying to make it work.

I felt like I was reading the comics in that scene! The way he cried out for help but there was no one there, so he had to dig deep and realize nah fukk that I'm Spiderman I'm not going out like that!

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Zendaya was adorable

I hope she wasn't gettin death threats too.

i only just heard about that happening with the guy playin flash the other day

these white nerds crazy
I can understand why people would have an issue with it. Flash Thompson is supposed to be your proto-typical all american athlete meathead jock who is eventually humbled by Peter.

Mary Jane is one of the most iconic redheads in all of comics

But the death threats and other shyt...that's just stupidity, it's not that serious.

I'll say this though: if we allow this, one day they're going to try and take liberties with Black Panther and I'm not having that

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I can understand why people would have an issue with it. Flash Thompson is supposed to be your proto-typical all american athlete meathead jock who is eventually humbled by Peter.

Mary Jane is one of the most iconic redheads in all of comics

But the death threats and other shyt...that's just stupidity, it's not that serious.

I'll say this though: if we allow this, one day they're going to try and take liberties with Black Panther and I'm not having that
I hear you

But at the same time.. if in 15 years from now, on the 6th Black Panther movie, they decide to make Monica Lynn Santiago a hot hispanic singer and Everett Ross Mendoza a Filipino guy... i mean... :manny:

I ain't really tripping.

They've been taking liberties on black depiction since forever, so that's really nothing new in a sense. Always gotta be ready to buck just to simply have us on screen; thats why i chuckle at ppl gettin furious over not even a secondary character like Flash

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I hear you

But at the same time.. if in 15 years from now, on the 6th Black Panther movie, they decide to make Monica Lynn Santiago a hot hispanic singer and Everett Ross Mendoza a Filipino guy... i mean... :manny:

I ain't really tripping.

They've been taking liberties on black depiction since forever, so that's really nothing new in a sense. Always gotta be ready to buck just to simply have us on screen; thats why i chuckle at ppl gettin furious over not even a secondary character like Flash
TBH my biggest complaint with Flash in the movie was that he wasn't enough of a jerk

Peter, even without powers, legit looked like he could have slapped the fire out of him if he wanted to

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx

Dem genetics. :wow:

they did a good job of toeing the line of her being sexy as fukk and still being kind of a weird eccentric person who unaware about how good looking they are

i think they tried to make her older with the high wasit pants and the big guido glasses

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
there is 1 really, there a nicca who trolls the whole movie, come back at the end and laughs in your face for staying, literally.

if I see a nicca in these streets, im punching him right in the face
punch cap in the face brehs :mjlol:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
TBH my biggest complaint with Flash in the movie was that he wasn't enough of a jerk

Peter, even without powers, legit looked like he could have slapped the fire out of him if he wanted to

We didn't see Peter without his powers. He's only muscled/fit because of the bite.

Meanwhile Flash was the fastest man on campus and we saw him climbing that rope with ease. Add the arrogance. Now imagine Tom Holland without muscles and Flash probably takes him.

Lots of bullies get by on sheer will instead of muscles anyway. He believed he could punk him so he did.