Official SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Thread

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Dunno how I feel about this one:patrice:

stark as a father figure:patrice: I guess uncle ben was a trash father figure:francis:

:mjlol: at peter doing the same shyt (for the final fight with Vulture) stark chastised him about but since he covered their asses its all good:mjlol::francis:

Was a really good "coming of age/spiderman" story for peter overall. Was nice to see him struggle becoming a hero

They finally made a spiderman movie that actually looks like it's in Queens

:wow:

for all my ups and downs about the movie i am glad they cast the kids they did i wish they work on the charcterization and the writing a bit

but queens is the most diverse town in the country -largest immigrant population - most langue spoked ect .. peter being the only white guy walking around makes sense :yeshrug:

i like the little comments about the sandwich s and the deli that felt very new york city

all the youtuber cryng about SWJ spider-man and they ruin spider man is sad and funny at the same time

like dam go vist new york sometime :gucci:

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Some of the best parts of the movie, in my opinion, were the parts where they:

1) Pointed you to the fact that he's still a kid at the end of the day, no matter how brilliant he is.

-The part where he webs the guy trying to get into his car, thinking he's a criminal, and all the neighbors lean out the window to bust his balls because it's actually the dude's car. Players fukk up. :yeshrug:

-The awkward interrogation where Glover had to put him on game.

Felt like many conversations I've had with students. "Where are you going? I didn't give you a location." :francis:

2) They show the flawed logistics of being Spider-Man by answering a question I'd been asking in my head since I was a kid...

-"This sucks...", after he finds himself in the residential neighborhood and tries to web-sling in an open field....but realizes there's nothing to swing from, so he has to get around on foot.

I'd always wondered how Spider-Man got around in situations where he couldn't swing. Guess that answers that. :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Okay, I'm gonna address the elephant in the room.

I like Donald Glover, but I don't buy him as a thug.

It's still cool that he confirmed Miles' existence though :manny:
This flick was worth a watch, but it wasn't better than the first two Spider-man flicks IMO.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great movie!

I never got into the Spiderman character until tomorrow Holland took over

I thought the other movies were ok...this was great....it had the right running time, just enough Tony Stark but didn't hijack the movie...I don't know anything about the flash character so I will have to look it up

Mj was cool
Aunt may was cool
Michael Keaton was cool
Action scenes were cool

I wish aunt may wouldn't have found out until part 2

Peter Parker's best friend was mad annoying

Favorite scene was the when the building fell on him

Sly Cooper

dem bilaa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ET/ER
Can't lie, I was a little hesitant to watch this (these remakes had me feeling jaded)
but my little brother has to be the biggest Spiderman fan.

Anytime I visit my parent's, there's a 50% chance he's wearing his costume lol
so we went to see it yesterday

and after watching:wow: maybe I'm hyping it...
but Holland is the GOAT Peter Parker/Spiderman

Maguire has seniority as the OG,
& Garfield can go somewhere, anywhere

zII5YNt.gif

honestly though, I'm impressed
they finally switched it up and it really feels authentic y'know?

Holland's still the best,
Garfield is still an atrocity

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I thought it was solid-to-good, but not great. Keaton killed it, as 29th best Spidey villain CTHU. Bokeem was solid as Shocker #2. The supporting cast was EHHH at best. Not-Ganke was cool, but the rest of them had no impact to me. Spidey is just as much his supporting cast, as it is Parker. There was also too much Stark.

I think I don't like this reinterpretation/modernization of Peter Parker. He's not 616 Parker and not really even Ultimate MU Peter Parker. It's not my Peter Parker, which is OK. It seemed to be made for kids. A lot of y'all seem to enjoy it, which is cool. It just is what it is.

I thought it was good, not great. It definitely isn't in the Top Tier MCU movies for me...and probably the tied for 3rd best Spidey-flick

It's 3rd for me. Spidey 2 (Molina killed it as Doc Oc), And Dafoe as Green Goblin in Spidey 1 were just too good. This is solid 3rd for me, close with ASM1.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
fukk that, imma go ahead and say it: Tobey Mcguire was a better Spiderman :yeshrug:

This dude was way too pipsqueaky as Peter Parker and had no swag as Spiderman

Garfield was EASILY the best Spidey in these joints. I give Holland a pass since he's playing high school Pete.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm so sick of seeing these movies in NYC, why not have peter Parker visiting San Antonio and use that for a movie

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea I recognized the rubble scene from spectacular Spider-Man and had to see the actual comic page it came from, knew what it was when vulture drop the roof on him but man I was not expecting the emotional scene of him crying and showing dat deep down he's still a kid....but also dat he's so much more than dat and the "birth" of Spider-Man :banderas: oh I'm definitely catching this a couple more times gotta show my fave hero more love

Homie I just saw it for a third time. :russ:

And on the first viewing that scene made me emotional which I wasn't expecting at all