Omega says that he's taking a back seat in AEW and he just wants to help out younger stars

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Omega just did
Cody takes himself out the title picture
Bucks book the tag team division n made boring scu champs
Adam page turned into a drunk jobber

Na man.... but enjoy this:lolbron:

ingratiate yourself in this and have a great time:russ:

Go absolutely ham with this but know that receipt coming :mjlit:

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
This shyt just started. There can only be 1 world champion at a time. He'll get his run.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Honestly I don't think Kenny really wanted to leave NJ and get involved in business aspects. Cody and the Bucks are really the driving force and Kenny seems like he got kind of forced into this thing by his friends and he's going along with it because they needed him to be involved. You'll recall that it was Cody and the Bucks behind All In and all Kenny did was show up to help sell some tickets.

Also I don't think the Bucks and Cody really understood what they got themselves into either, but that's a different conversation to have.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
This shyt just started. There can only be 1 world champion at a time. He'll get his run.

Dude...I'ma keep it a buck with you. This whole "the promotion just started" argument is a bit on the dated side when the company looking more lame brained in the process of growth. I dig the Elite trying to not go over and have the roster gain the attention but come on dude.....:francis:. Who in their right fukking mind going to get their non wrestling watching friend to watch "Luchasaurus" and the "Dark Order", when you have a wrestler who was one considered the best wrestler in the world and a tag team that was supposed to be the best tag team in the world :gucci:? That's like TNA trying to put the belt on AJ Styles fresh out of the high school gym because "talent". When a more established Ken Shamrock would be a better suit in making a impact in the wrestling industry (No Pun:jawalrus:). Bottom line, they REALLY should had just kept AEW as a event celebrating the best parts of professional wrestling past, present and future like "All In" did. Instead, this became more of a "fukk you Vince" type of message from Cody because of creative differences. Think about it, ever since the promotion started, it's been more of Cody trying to get himself over as a young brass and cocky promoter kinda reminiscent of the guy that sat in the throne he hit with the slegehammer :beli:. When you have probably one of the best woman wrestlers to brace the company chuck the peace sign for high school gyms it's a problem :snoop:. When you have storylines that are incoherent but want to "stick it" to a rival company that you say that you are not competing with, it's a problem. When WWE basically treat NXT like a half a bar to show how much AEW is worth in the light, maybe just maybe they should had just focus on trying to build their brand, rather than expand and slowly becoming a can't go wrong meme.

Before :cape:AEW brigade comes in and think I'm just shyt flinging, I want the company to succeed. I really want a revival of the feeling that needs to be restored, yet they killing me when the highlight for next week is a 63 year old DDP finally wrestling after years:scusthov::why:. This is the promotion I suppose to big up when they pulling the same shyt that put WCW in the bushes :aicmon:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Who in their right fukking mind going to get their non wrestling watching friend to watch "Luchasaurus" and the "Dark Order", when you have a wrestler who was one considered the best wrestler in the world and a tag team that was supposed to be the best tag team in the world :gucci:? That's like TNA trying to put the belt on AJ Styles fresh out of the high school gym because "talent". When a more established Ken Shamrock would be a better suit in making a impact in the wrestling industry (No Pun:jawalrus:).

Ah yea!!:mjlol:

And I think that’s literally why they went with CHRIS JERICHO:russ:

He is their Ken Shamrock

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
I'm not saying Kenny Omega isn't good, he definitely is. I still have yet to see why people were calling him the best. Maybe it's the booking, maybe it's Kenny Omega not giving a shyt. I just don't see best in the world watching him.

To be fair tho, I've only ever watched Omega's AEW stuff. This is a reason why him taking a back seat is a bad move. If you have a talent that is touted as the best in the world, you need to showcase it.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I'm not saying Kenny Omega isn't good, he definitely is. I still have yet to see why people were calling him the best. Maybe it's the booking, maybe it's Kenny Omega not giving a shyt. I just don't see best in the world watching him.

To be fair tho, I've only ever watched Omega's AEW stuff. This is a reason why him taking a back seat is a bad move. If you have a talent that is touted as the best in the world, you need to showcase it.

This is a very important point also. If you’re either a newcomer, lapsed fan, or half familiar with the promotion, you’re either watching this like :ld: what’s all hype about or :ld: these are the guys I keep hearing about? AEW can be very presumptuous to their fan base and how much of their talent is known. Excalibur sold Blade, Butcher, and Bunny or Dr. Luther as name brands that anybody tuning in should know, and then never even gave a further explanation to who tf they were. We were all collectively bugging at these debuts and the follow-up on them, because these names are obscure. Chris Jericho doesn’t need any introductions because he’s been in the spotlight for over 20 years. His buddy Dr. Luther (who if you didn’t read his books wouldn’t even know was Jericho’s boy) however is a different story.

Refocus from that and imagine being unfamiliar with Omega, one of the guys who helped lay the foundation for this promotion. Omega has only just recently found his groove as a performer, he’s still just treated as a guy on the rebound. Maybe if you know a bit about him you can write it off as him getting back to being the Best Bout Machine. If you’re an outsider you’re like :dahell: why am I bothering with this?

Last edited:

PopOnCloud9

All Star
Daps
I think this is more of a long term work. Right now they are letting Jericho get over with the Inner Circle and they are attempting to get some new names out there off his coattails. Eventually when Jericho drops the strap and the roster gains some more depth, I can see Omega and the Elite just going on a monster heel run and taking over. Omega will have his run and remind everyone how good he can be in due time