"One thing my pops always told me is you never count another man’s money. " - Steph Curry

100Percent

Deviatin' septums
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I also asked Curry how he dealt with watching teammates and many, many lesser players sign much larger deals almost instantly after he signed his four-year, $44 million rookie extension last October 2012 (which didn’t kick in until until 2013).

By the way, Curry has never been the Warriors’ highest-paid player and is currently their fourth-highest paid.

“I remember sitting in a hotel, at the Ritz-Carlton in Phoenix, right before our opening night game against the Suns and sitting with Bob Myers and coach (Mark) Jackson and signing that contract,” Curry said of the 2012 extension on the eve of the season.

“My perspective was, ‘Man, I’ll be able to take care of my family with this. Blessed to be able to know I’ll be playing at least in the NBA for four years and see where it goes from there.’

“But I literally told myself in that hotel room that day, knowing what the max was I think at the time was probably, 56 or 58, somewhere in there, I think Eric Gordon and guys like that were getting that money, I was, ‘You can’t think 20-20 hindsight, go back and worry about other guys are making.’

“One thing my pops always told me is you never count another man’s money. It’s what you’ve got and how you take care of it. And if I’m complaining about $44 million over four years, then I’ve got other issues in my life.

Warriors: Stephen Curry says he sees no reason to leave the team this summer

:lolbron: John wall?

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
If only
wall.png
understood this concept

Daps
I understand what he saying however in professional sports the market dictates your value and income.

So during negotiations best believe him or his agent got huge posterboards of these bums with 70+ million like :martin:

He not gon take less money than Dellevadova so essentially you gotta count other nikkas pockets.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
I understand what he saying however in professional sports the market dictates your value and income.

So during negotiations best believe him or his agent got huge posterboards of these bums with 70+ million like :martin:

He not gon take less money than Dellevadova so essentially you gotta count other nikkas pockets.
In his case there is nothing to negotiate. Hes getting that 5 year 200 million dollar contract.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If only
wall.png
understood this concept

Man a year ago I was at the Safeway in DC on L and 5th NW and I cop a scratchoff card.

I get in line and scratch the shyt and see I won 20 bucks. So I'm :mjgrin:

I look behind me in line and see some nikka upset after scratchin his card and he throws the shyt on the floor and ice grills me!!! :wtf:

It was John fukkin Wall breh!!! No Lie!!!!

@mastermind @PS4 @Black

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Man a year ago I was at the Safeway in DC on L and 5th NW and I cop a scratchoff card.

I get in line and scratch the shyt and see I won 20 bucks. So I'm :mjgrin:

I look behind me in line and see some nikka upset after scratchin his card and he throws the shyt on the floor and ice grills me!!! :wtf:

It was John fukkin Wall breh!!! No Lie!!!!

@mastermind @PS4 @Black
:ohhh::mjgrin::mjlol::russ::dead: