Packers suspend Jaire Alexander for 1-game for making himself captain, nearly messing up the coin toss, and telling on himself

Right move by the Packers?

• Total voters

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
If you've followed the Packers (I know the vast majority of you havent) Jaire has always been a lil off lol. I suppose you gotta be in order to be great at something sometimes.

He is def a different dude, always has been since he got drafted there

Now having said that, he shouldn't have just usurped the captains toss however he is one of their better players and apparently the other captains were cool with it.

Rodgers said awhile ago, and this rings so true.... The Packers organization has an issue with alienating their best players. They really treat their top guys very weirdly, and they don't hold their FO/staff to the same standard that they do their players

Bahk, Jordy, Adams, Rodgers have all been some of the most vocal when it comes to it, but there are countless of other small time ones who take digs at the organization.. so it doesn't shock me at all that they do something like this

mag357

Superstar
Daps
You can't let complete insubordination like that go unchecked

I'm saying y'all In the comments and the reporter acting like defending the kickoff is some huge mistake or something.

And in regards of the captain thing. He said that he is from there and his other teammates backed him other...

Either way. The shyt ain't a super huge deal.
They be having anybody out there doing the coin toss. It really doesn't matter

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I'm saying y'all In the comments and the reporter acting like defending the kickoff is some huge mistake or something.

And in regards of the captain thing. He said that he is from there and his other teammates backed him other...

Either way. The shyt ain't a super huge deal.
They be having anybody out there doing the coin toss. It really doesn't matter
What he said was a huge mistake. Saying you want to go on defense means you kickoff to start the game and at half time. You have to say you want to defer, verbiage matters. The ref saved his ass asking if he meant he wanted to defer. The ref could have been a dikk and said he elected to go on defense meaning GB would have kicked the ball off at the start of the game and at halftime.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Maybe I missed something.

The CB made himself a captain to be out for the coin toss at the start of the game.

They won the coin toss. And he wanted to defer the kickoff.
Which gives the other team the ball first. And the Packers get it to start the second half.

What's the issue here

The issue is he said “we want to be on defense” instead of saying defer. And that could have cost the Packers a posesssion as they’d have to kick off to start both halves. Luckily, LaFleur told the refs what he wanted to do before the toss so they knew.

But the fact that Jaire wasn’t a captain, did that, and then told on himself to the media with no awareness was what had the org step in today..

Saved himself from getting embarrassed by Justin Jefferson this week
Isn’t suspending your best DB before a must win game also “conduct detrimental to the team” ?

:jbhmm:
Got Justin Jefferson in my fantasy lineup for the championship....

I hope he drops 200 on these fools

We are about to be subject to Preston Smith lining up against Jefferson

Fire Joe Barry

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
packers an unserious franchise lmao

if the coin toss almost makes the difference for beating the panthers the coach needs to suspend himself

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
The issue is he said “we want to be on defense” instead of saying defer. And that could have cost the Packers a posesssion as they’d have to kick off to start both halves. Luckily, LaFleur told the refs what he wanted to do before the toss so they knew.

But the fact that Jaire wasn’t a captain, did that, and then told on himself to the media with no awareness was what had the org step in today..

We are about to be subject to Preston Smith lining up against Jefferson

Fire Joe Barry

"why is Joe Barry still here?"

This question is still relevant in 2023 :unimpressed: