Players With Worse DRPM Than Harden: Curry, Russ, Dame, DeRozen, Conley, IT

Daps
1. Defensive impact is calculated after they try to control for the impact of the other 9 players on the court

2. Coaches play the same groups of players together frequently, so it's hard to truly isolate a player from the environment of the group he plays with

3. It makes Curry and Russ look bad so you don't like it:umad:
:merchant:

You have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about.

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
What's his deal this season? I haven't seen him play at all this year. Is he slowing down from age or still recovering from an injury?

I don't watch lots of Grizz games, but he's looked much better offensively this season, shooting at career high efficiency and scoring career high PPG average. His team still plays at extermely low pace as they have been for a while tho.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Oh really, well let me provide you with some informational reading:mjlol:

REAL PLUS MINUS:
A metric provided by former Phoenix Suns consultants Steve Ilardi and Jeremias Engelmann, based on Engelmann's version (xRAPM) of Regularized Adjusted Plus-Minus

Real Plus Minus is the player's average impact in terms of "net point differential" per 100 offensive and defensive possessions. RPM can be broken down to offensive and defensive metrics:

Offensive Real Plus Minus: (ORPM) Player's average impact on his team's offensive performance, by the points scored per 100 offensive possessions

Defensive Real Plus Minus: (DRPM: Player's average impact on his team's defensive performance, by the points allowed per 100 offensive possessions.

What Adjusted Plus-Minus does:
It reflects the impact of each player on his team's scoring margin after controlling for the strength of every teammate and every opponent during each minute he's on the court.

What Adjusted Plus-Minus incorporates:
Every time segment a player is in a game, adjusted plus-minus tracks:
(1) The other nine players on the floor,
(2) The length of the segment,
(3) The score at the start and at the end of the segment.

What are the PROs and CONs for Adjusted Plus-Minus?
PROS:
The biggest advantage of adjusted plus/minus ratings are that they are one of the the closest we can come to an unbiased measure of a player's effectiveness.
CONS:
(1) Adjusted plus/minus ratings are have a high variance. The regression tries to find a constant value for a player, but this value can change pretty dramatically with a different role, a different coaching scheme, different teammates, or different match-ups.
(2) There is noise in the data. For some players, especially when only looking at data over just 1 year, there are some strange results, but that is to be expected. An examination of 239 players revealed that only 7% of the variation in a player’s adjusted plus–minus value in 2008-09 was explained by what he did in 2007-08. Although more data does increase the level of statistical significance, it’s still the case that most players even when five years of data is employed are not found by this method to have a statistically significant impact.
(3) Another issue which adjusted plus-minus technique struggles to address is the multicollinearity issue. Coaches prefer to use some player duos/trios frequenly or rarely since all players could not be on the court with every other teammate at the same time.

NBAstuffer.com - Player Evaluation Metrics - Glossary

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
james harden was always good on D fukk what you heard

His one on one defense was never the problem:manny:

It was alway his help defense that was the issue. And he has been looking better this year compared to last:ehh:

They got him a cac lackey (Dekker) to help him keep an extra eye out on the defensive end:obama:

Daps
Oh really, well let me provide you with some informational reading:mjlol:

NBAstuffer.com - Player Evaluation Metrics - Glossary

I don't want you copying and pasting shyt, any cotdamn fool can google that shyt. I want you to explain to me in your own words what DRPM (and RPM in general) is, how it's formulated and why you're using it as foundation to suggest that Harden has more defensive value than all the players you mentioned.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
I can only speak for myself but I truly give no fukks about Harden. I want my team to redeem themselves in the finals, you can have the individual accolades.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So the narrative of Harden being the League's worst defender is actually bullshyt then? :ohhh:@Gil Scott-Heroin

He doesn't like the stat because it makes Randle look good and his boys look bad :mjlol: @CantStop

That's exactly what he does. He picks and chooses which stats he deems legit. If it favors Jabari Parker, Steph Curry, Mudiay(no stat favors Mudiay so he uses potential :pachaha:) or any others Warriors player, it's a legit stat but if it makes them look bad, it's bla bla bla use it in the right context or watch games. :snoop:

Daps
So the narrative of Harden being the League's worst defender is actually bullshyt then? :ohhh:@Gil Scott-Heroin
If that narrative is indeed bullshyt it certainly isn't because of this metric. :manny:
He doesn't like the stat because it makes Randle look good and his boys look bad :mjlol: @CantStop
I don't like this metric because it's basketball quackery, not because it makes my "boys look bad". I suspect you don't know how this stat is formulated too. :mjpls:

Daps
That's exactly what he does. He picks and chooses which stats he deems legit. If it favors Jabari Parker, Steph Curry, Mudiay(no stat favors Mudiay so he uses potential :pachaha:) or any others Warriors player, it's a legit stat but if it makes them look bad, it's bla bla bla use it in the right context or watch games. :snoop:
You know you just described yourself with this post. I've been against using metrics like these long before "Jabari Parker, Steph Curry, Mudiay" become a thing.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
hes up there with #WPOY2016