Players With Worse DRPM Than Harden: Curry, Russ, Dame, DeRozen, Conley, IT

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But it doesn't matter. DRPM says they're better defenders. You can't pick and choose when to use stats - in the words of @CantStop. :mjgrin:

You're comparing a player that barely plays to a player that plays a lot. When I make comparisons, it's always players that have similar roles and similar minutes. You need to put the stats in the right context right?

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
The novelty of this "semi-trolling" routine you've got going on is starting to wear thin. :dame:

That was in that thread, not this one. This one a legitimate statistic has been brought up to prove once and for all that Curry ain't shyt defensively. So what was that you were saying last night? Oh ya come get this L.

23jlvko.gif

Daps
You're comparing a player that barely plays to a player that plays a lot. When I make comparisons, it's always players that have similar roles and similar minutes. You need to put the stats in the right context right?
But explain to me why DRPM has David Lee and Spencer Hawes ranked higher - what is it in the formula that has them ranked above AD? :lupe:

Daps
That was in that thread, not this one. This one a legitimate statistic has been brought up to prove once and for all that Curry ain't shyt defensively. So what was that you were saying last night? Oh ya come get this L.

23jlvko.gif
Since you seem think it's a legitimate statistic, I want you to explain to me in your own words what DRPM (and RPM in general) is, how it's formulated and why it should be used as a scale for a player's defensive worth?

:mjpls:

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
Since you seem think it's a legitimate statistic, I want you to explain to me in your own words what DRPM (and RPM in general) is, how it's formulated and why it should be used as a scale for a player's defensive worth?

:mjpls:

It's plus and minus with context, allowing us to see a player's real overall worth to their team defensively and overall.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
That's EXACTLY what you're doing.

What if I were to tell you that RPM doesn't measure how well a player has performed, but rather it predicts what will happen in future games. :sas2:

I'll ask you again -

They don't make those predictions in a vacuum dumbass:mjlol:

I want you to explain to me in your own words what DRPM (and RPM in general) is, how it's formulated

1. An improvement upon +/- about a players total impact on the game.

2. A linear regression is modeled of this season's stats against previous seasons and then smoothed to generate the RPM/DRPM value.

why you're using it as foundation to suggest that Harden has more defensive value than all the players you mentioned

Because RPM/DRPM isolates against teammates impact and who a player is playing against and adjusts for these get a truer representation of a players's individual impact on the game.

Why would I want to use a metric that is only representative of the team's defense to compare players against each other? Please enlighten me...:heh:

I NEVER said either of these things. Why is it just about every exchange we have you're making up shyt?

You're right, you didn't say either, you said BOTH:russ:

Those are the stances YOU took

Respect to all the top 5/10 players in the game, but Durant is playing at another level this season. Basically doing everything at an elite level.

Shooting #s without context don't tell the whole story.

As long as they're the leaders of their respective teams, Westbrook's game will always be more effective. It just is what it is.

:umad:

And yet Westbrook's game is more effective. Go figure.

Harden's playing with more talent - I should hope his team finishes with a higher seed. Because if they don't, well that'll be the end of the this comparison

I'm the one that's getting brave? That amount of ether you're gonna get come postseason time with all this tagging around Lillard/Paul/Harden is gonna be :wow:

:mjgrin:

Daps
They don't make those predictions in a vacuum dumbass:mjlol:

1. An improvement upon +/- about a players total impact on the game.

2. A linear regression is modeled of this season's stats against previous seasons and then smoothed to generate the RPM/DRPM value.

Because RPM/DRPM isolates against teammates impact and who a player is playing against and adjusts for these get a truer representation of a players's individual impact on the game.

Why would I want to use a metric that is only representative of the team's defense to compare players against each other? Please enlighten me...:heh:
i) Prior to making this thread you had little-to-no knowledge of what RPM was, you simply saw that it had Harden rated above Westbrook and Curry and thought why don't I make a thread about it. Because as we all know you wouldn't pay any attention to this stat if Harden wasn't rated higher, let alone make a thread about it.
ii) Paraphrasing this article - Explaining ESPN’s Real Plus-Minus after googling 'RPM for Dummies' shows that not only do you still not understand how RPM works, not only are you painfully transparent but it shows how hypocritical you are as a poster.
iii) Your posting is Cherokee Parks status at this point
You're right, you didn't say either, you said BOTH:russ:

Those are the stances YOU took

:mjgrin:
No where in those quotes do I say Westbrook is better than Harden because he has do more on his own. I then do NOT use that reasoning to suggest that Durant is the MVP up to this point - never mind the fact that I specifically said Durant was the best performer so far this season - which really basically has no ties to whatever MVP standard you think there is.

SMH.

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
Gil scott when are you going to give us your definition of RPM so we can dismiss it and say you're wrong?

Daps
Gil scott when are you going to give us your definition of RPM so we can dismiss it and say you're wrong?
It's not up to me to provide an explanation as to what anything is in this thread. That's on the OP and anybody agreeing with him.

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
I'm confused

Has someone actually ever argued that Isaiah Thomas was a good defender?

How isn't IT4 a top 5 PG? Dude put up 22ppg and 6apg as the Celtics best scoring option and lone superstar. And he brought them to 48 wins last season and a first-round appearance with very limited help (outside of Brad Stevens). He's also a very good defender. And what he does at 5'9" is insane.

Y'all ain't gonna keep slighting Isaiah.

:mjgrin: :lolbron: :mjlol:

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
It's not up to me to provide an explanation as to what anything is in this thread. That's on the OP and anybody agreeing with him.

Actually it's up to you provide evidence to show that RPM is not a good measure of anything, not for us to put it's definition in our own words, which in itself is ridiculous when there are plenty of explanations of it online that put it's meaning and significance in better words than we ever could, and explain it to you.