Post here if you've never listened to a Drake album

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
How is one a hiphop head and doesn't listen to the biggest artists albums just to keep up :dead:
Specially if they are getting best reviews, awards and selling the most at the same damn time.

It's like swearing that you're a jazz head and then say that you never played a full Miles Davis album.

If Iggy Azelea moves 2 mill, wins grammys, is on all top of the year lists and had great reviews across the board I'll play her shyt.
No matter how wack I consider the shyt I've heard, just for the fact that I'm a hiphop head.

Corndog

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is one a hiphop head and doesn't listen to the biggest artists albums just to keep up :dead:
Specially if they are getting best reviews, awards and selling the most at the same damn time.

It's like swearing that you're a jazz head and then say that you never played a full Miles Davis album.

If Iggy Azelea moves 2 mill, wins grammys, is on all top of the year lists and had great reviews across the board I'll play her shyt.
No matter how wack I consider the shyt I've heard, just for the fact that I'm a hiphop head.

:merchant:

:whoa:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago

:ufdup:

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
well... if you're a hip hop fan, it's a good idea to listen to at least one project in full. Even if you can't stomach the dude. Like or not, Drake is the most critically acclaimed rapper of his generation. Sure, his music is weak sauce, but just on his acclaim alone I'll check out whatever people think is his strongest project. To see if there's something special about dude I missed. So when I say, I don't fukk with him, at least I know where I'm coming from.

The only Drake album I've ever heard is So Far Gone. I've tried to listen to other albums but just gave up 1/3 way through. Dude is the definition of milquetoast... just like Kendrick and pretty much all rappers that are popping right now.

:what: drake is not the most critically acclaimed rapper of this gen wtf is you smoking

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I'm not talking about his quality (I'm nearly an old school jazz head before a hiphop head), I'm talking about the fact that relatively speaking he was the biggest artist of the genre and the one with best reviews.
Just like Drake in 2011. Or Kendrick/Undun/WTT might've gave him a run for his money, but he was up there and sold the most.

Just like Kendrick in 2012, Kanye 2006, 50 2003, Eminem 2000, 2pac 96, Snoop 93, DMX 99 (who wasn't even getting the same ratings as Drake) or whoever the fukk. Now if he was fukking around and getting Macklemore average reviews, no awards and shyt that would be different.

Dixon Cider

Doing numbers and breaking stan hearts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Coli Suburbs
Only know whats on satellite radio and diss tracks i dont check for this bytch neega

Daps
Drake stans invading the thread.

Holl up schmucks this ain't Gaza, back the fukk up. Drake is a fukkin mainstream rap singer and should be treated as such, so if some of my dumb ass thots or fakkits on c*ntbook share some of his videos - HELL YEAH i'll listen.

But to sit down for the entire album?

:mjlol:

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
well... if you're a hip hop fan, it's a good idea to listen to at least one project in full. Even if you can't stomach the dude. Like or not, Drake is the most critically acclaimed rapper of his generation. Sure, his music is weak sauce, but just on his acclaim alone I'll check out whatever people think is his strongest project. To see if there's something special about dude I missed. So when I say, I don't fukk with him, at least I know where I'm coming from.

The only Drake album I've ever heard is So Far Gone. I've tried to listen to other albums but just gave up 1/3 way through. Dude is the definition of milquetoast... just like Kendrick and pretty much all rappers that are popping right now.
:childplease:this logic is terrible. If I am a knowledged student of hip hop, why would I need to listen to some rapper other people say are critically acclaimed?

:ufdup:I lived through, witnessed and took part of being in a GOLDEN ERA OF HIP-HOP.

As a person who LIVES HIP-HOP, I can say that His music is not worth my listening pleasure, without giving him a shot at all:francis:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
:childplease:this logic is terrible. If I am a knowledged student of hip hop, why would I need to listen to some rapper other people say are critically acclaimed?

I dunno... maybe so you can have an educated fukking opinion instead of talking out your ass?

Dude, I don't fukk with Kendrick. I always thought the dude was wack from the get-go. But I still listened to those bullshyt Section80 and GKMC projects. I'm a head. I keep up.

Now, I don't keep up with *everything* a popular artist does. That would be a waste of my time. That's why I ask people who are in the know.... I say: 'what's the BEST project he/she came out with? I'll give that a fair listen.'

:ufdup:I lived through, witnessed and took part of being in a GOLDEN ERA OF HIP-HOP.

As a person who LIVES HIP-HOP, I can say that His music is not worth my listening pleasure, without giving him a shot at all:francis:

well.... that's cool and all, but I pretty much lived through that era too. If you're gonna judge someone, it's worth giving him/her the benefit of the doubt. It's just the respectable thing to do.

The downside of not listening is being stuck in the past. It can happen. As much as these new nikkas are so fukking wack and mediocre, you never know - there could be that ONE guy that comes through and does something incredible.

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
I dunno... maybe so you can have an educated fukking opinion instead of talking out your ass?

Dude, I don't fukk with Kendrick. I always thought the dude was wack from the get-go. But I still listened to those bullshyt Section80 and GKMC projects. I'm a head. I keep up.

Now, I don't keep up with *everything* a popular artist does. That would be a waste of my time. That's why I ask people who are in the know.... I say: 'what's the BEST project he/she came out with? I'll give that a fair listen.'

well.... that's cool and all, but I pretty much lived through that era too. If you're gonna judge someone, it's worth giving him/her the benefit of the doubt. It's just the respectable thing to do.

The downside of not listening is being stuck in the past. It can happen. As much as these new nikkas are so fukking wack and mediocre, you never know - there could be that ONE guy that comes through and does something incredible.
:mindblown:Why would I give someone benefit of the doubt when the GOLDEN ERA GAVE THE BLUEPRINT ON HOW TO BE GREAT? Do you know what a GOLDEN ERA actually is?

:why:Whats wrong with being stuck in the past? :mindblown:hip-hop is LITERALLY rooted in being stuck in the past. The past is where all the good shyt was happening. Parliament, Issac hayes, james brown. Being stuck in the past is how you find your essence to make something for the future.

:francis:If there is ONE guy to come through, I WOULD KNOW who that one guy is. I can hear something cool in some of these new guys like ASAP Rocky, Ferg, Koondrick, cole. but these guys are not the "One". They might get a spin.

"The One" is Roc Marciano.