Question Regarding "Free Will" Conundrum.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
It's common consensus that the Christian god gave us free will. This means all evil that takes place in the world, does so through the power of free will from the person committing said act. This way the Christian god is absolved from all blame. We've heard the scripture Isaiah 45 - "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things".

When I was a minister, I'd argue different interpretations of that scripture. Context, the original Hebrew of the world "evil" which was ra'ah which translates roughly into "calamity". Even still, despite what context you try to use to explain this verse, god said what he said. He is the author of evil.

Reconcile this:

Is there free will in heaven? Is there evil in heaven? Evil is a result of free will, right? The moment humans are converted and arrive in Heaven/New Jerusalem, is your free will removed or does is still exist? Would you still have the capability to do evil in Heaven?

If yes, then you are not a perfect being and therefore, do not belong in Heaven because you have the capability of doing evil. Remember, when Jesus returns and creates his new Heaven here on Earth, those whom are raptured will receive new perfect, heavenly bodies. They would be like Adam and Eve before the fall; flawless. You cannot be flawless if your heart has the power of evil.

If no, then you are a robot slave tasked to serve your lord for eternity. Neither of those options sound like "paradise" to me.

Ponder this third scenario if you will:
Let's say Heaven has both free will and no evil. Then, wouldn't that mean that the Christian god had the power to create life on Earth that exact same way, free will with no evil, but chose not to? Instead, he chose the worse possible plan that ultimately ends with the majority of his children drowning in a world flood and also burning in an eternal fire forever. Does that sound like the logic of a great, all knowing, all powerful being? Or does that sound like the logic of illiterate ancient writers creating myths and fables to try and explain their views of the world?

Lastly, we often blame Adam and Eve as the original authors of sin. They were the 1st humans to sin against god. But what of Lucifer? Lucifer, the chief angel of god, was the 1st to commit sin by trying to overthrow god. Before this, god and his court all lived in perfect harmony. How did the force of evil even exist? Who created it? This was a perfect world in which they inhabited. A perfect world meaning there were no flaws. Evil is a flaw. How did it come to be and how did it come to rest upon Lucifers heart? Refer to the aforementioned Isaiah 45 verse for your answer. God is the true author of evil. In a perfect world, he created the force of evil and destined it to prey upon the heart of his chief angel.

In the garden of Eden, a tree called the Knowledge of Good and Evil sealed the fate of humanity. Why was that tree there? In a perfect world, why was there even any knowledge of evil to begin with? And why was the fruit of this tree imbued with such knowledge? In a perfect world, how did an evil serpent even exist? Despite common Christian rhetoric, this serpent wasn't a snake nor was it Lucifer. It was just some random evil being. Where did it come from? Who created it to be evil? God is the true author of evil.

Humans, angels, demons are all toys in the hands of a bored god. We are here for his entertainment. He is the author of this story and he writes and dictates every move of every character. He is reponsible. The greatest trick of the bible is convincing its followers that god is benevolent. No. This is the work of a maniacal and evil force. The Christian god is evil. He is the true antagonist of the bible.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
full

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
You'd be better of using terms such as compatibility and determinism but you've clearly got Christ on the mind.

I know of the parallel but it is not even worth getting into a discussion of this nature with that prompt

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
yes strange internet guy, you know more than your creator

anyway, you will find all your answers one day, be patient
This is not my creator. My mother and father is. I do not believe in god. Just a thought I posed for intellectual dialogue.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
yes strange internet guy, you know more than your creator

anyway, you will find all your answers one day, be patient

maybe OP breh just knows more than you ... :hubie:

“You don’t have to run faster than the bear to [win]. You just have to run faster than the guy next to you.”​

― Jim Butcher

Emojeeh

Rookie
Daps
Then you also add the fact that God:
- Let Satan tortured Job to prove a point
-Killed some kids for making fun of one of his bald prophet
-Killed every single first born child in Egypt
-Flood the whole earth
- Genocide the people of Midian
-Jephtah sacrificed his daughter for God
-Lot’s rape by his own daughters

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Then you also add the fact that God:
- Let Satan tortured Job to prove a point
-Killed some kids for making fun of one of his bald prophet
-Killed every single first born child in Egypt
-Flood the whole earth
- Genocide the people of Midian
-Jephtah sacrificed his daughter for God
-Lot’s rape by his own daughters
He is the most evil character ever created. Even Hitler would look at that mf like:whoo: