Question Regarding "Free Will" Conundrum.

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
maybe OP breh just knows more than you ... :hubie:

“You don’t have to run faster than the bear to [win]. You just have to run faster than the guy next to you.”​

― Jim Butcher

this makes no sense in the context of my comment, but you tried...hard

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Kind of similar to OP, but I've always wondered (and I believe I've even asked here before) why we are conditioned to follow the principles of the Bible e.g. the 10 commandments, yet once we're learned or grown enough to have our own opinions, thoughts, ideas you'll notice most everyone do not follow them. But yet, most people will still consider themselves "Christian". I'm not really into religion but I am spiritual, and it's things like what OP stated and this as to why I don't follow it. Seems to be more questions than answers, and I'm not a fan of "just believe" or whatever people say.

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
Kind of similar to OP, but I've always wondered (and I believe I've even asked here before) why we are conditioned to follow the principles of the Bible e.g. the 10 commandments, yet once we're learned or grown enough to have our own opinions, thoughts, ideas you'll notice most everyone do not follow them. But yet, most people will still consider themselves "Christian". I'm not really into religion but I am spiritual, and it's things like what OP stated and this as to why I don't follow it. Seems to be more questions than answers, and I'm not a fan of "just believe" or whatever people say.
why are you worried about everyone when it’s your relationship with God that matters?

Most people consider themselves other religions yet do not take them seriously.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
You bring up a question I've always had regarding Adam and Eve. How could they have ever been perfect if they had the capability to do evil? Or, how could they have been perfect if they had no knowledge of the God that provided everything for them?

I always interpreted it as perfect in a physical sense only.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
It's common consensus that the Christian god gave us free will. This means all evil that takes place in the world, does so through the power of free will from the person committing said act. This way the Christian god is absolved from all blame. We've heard the scripture Isaiah 45 - "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things".

When I was a minister, I'd argue different interpretations of that scripture. Context, the original Hebrew of the world "evil" which was ra'ah which translates roughly into "calamity". Even still, despite what context you try to use to explain this verse, god said what he said. He is the author of evil.
When what? :heh:
Oh hell no, what you doing over here in internet hell minister? :russ:

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
I'm ready for the duck tales we about to hear.

tenor.gif

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
why are you worried about everyone when it’s your relationship with God that matters?

Most people consider themselves other religions yet do not take them seriously.
Andrew Tate is a "muslim". :mjlol:

People expect folks to be perfectly consistent in their beliefs and actions all the time, and that's just not realistic. The text that they follow is littered with people who falled short of God's values and commandments. The key is acknowledging your sins, repenting from them and doing your best to avoid making that mistake again.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
you did not choose any of the details from which your life emerged

you will have no choice in the creator subjecting you to eternal suffering

everything operates on the whim of a superior being that gives no fukk about your feelings ha

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
The greatest trick of the bible is convincing its followers that god is benevolent. No. This is the work of a maniacal and evil force. The Christian god is evil. He is the true antagonist of the bible.

iRJcmUJ.gif

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
Long story brah. I was a minister from 2013-2020. I've rebelled. :wow:
Welcome to the click minister. :wow:
I mean, to answer your question. Good without free will isn't good...it's just a set of instructions that everyone abides by because there's nothing else to choose.

So it can be argued that evil came about as a consequence of creation, like a penalty of sorts. It's like creating a coin, no matter how you create it it'll have two sides. Even if you only work on one side of the coin, the other side blank as it is, will still be a side as well.

Maybe God didn't create the tree itself, but the tree blossomed as a result of his creation. Creating light without creating shadow, perhaps it is possible, but then...what kind of light are you trying to create if it has no shadow? Is light without shadow as beautiful as light that casts forth shadows?

Now, as to why God chose to create beings capable as us knowing that it would be like that. Your guess is as good as mine.
:francis: