R-Truth not a fan of CM Punk

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
WWE RAW Superstar R-Truth is apparently not a fan of new AEW signee CM Punk.

Earlier on Wednesday, Truth took a jab at Punk, stating that he was never impressed by the former WWE Champion during their years working together.

Truth made his feelings known while responding to a fan on TikTok, who posted an audio clip from 2014 of Punk on Colt Cabana’s podcast. In the clip, Punk could be heard telling the story of why he was unhappy during his final years with the WWE, bringing up WWE’s decision to have him & Triple H lose to R-Truth & The Miz in a tag team match at WWEs’ Vengeance 2011. Punk felt that the booking didn’t make any business sense at the time.

While responding to the clip, R-Truth wrote:

Truth.png

:ohhh:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I mean, they tried to make "Awesome Truth" a threat and look strong for like 1 or 2 months because they wanted a heel tag team to face Cena & Rock for the main event of Survivor Series :ld:

Punk should've been champ at the time though, not being buddy buddy with La Nariz after what happened that summer :mjlol: Instead, fukking Del Río was winning the belt from Cena :dead:

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
Punk was the hottest thing in the company until hhh had to stick his nose into business and beat him at noc . He does have a point that punk did seem a bit entitled tho:yeshrug:

None of this shyt should have happened tho. Hhh should have put him over in September and punk feuds with Alberto in October and ultimately winning it from him at Madison Square Garden in November.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
None of this shyt should have happened tho. Hhh should have put him over in September and punk feuds with Alberto in October and ultimately winning it from him at Madison Square Garden in November.

To be honest, Punk should've been gone from MITB 2011 to NOC 2011, creating all types of fukkery outside of WWE and trolling whoever ended up "interim" champ (who should've been crowned at Summerslam, Rey was a good option).

Then he wins at NOC and comes back as the true/real WWE champion.

Now, who could've stepped up and done a good/big program with Punk at the time besides Cena? I honestly don't know. One would've hoped that in the 2 months he would've been off TV doing his Summer of Punk shtick, someone could've emerged to make shyt interesting during the Fall.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I fukks with Truth as an all time underrated player but Awesome Truth was NOT hotter than CM Punk. I do believe they should have went over though if for the logical story than HHH and Punk's egos can't allow teamwork.

Bullshyt this was fire.

Thought truth was gonna finally get his run. My nikka beat the cameraman :laff:

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Another Vince stooge engaged in blatant lying. I was there, this isn't true.

And that Awesome Truth run was so hot that Truth cut it short by getting suspended for smoking Spice, then was brought back as a brain damaged comedy jobber for the last decade (Miz only did so much better after the split himself). Remember that noted fukk up Randy Orton actually had a strike removed a few years back and has never truly suffered setbacks for his transgressions. Can't be that hot if your company immediately kills your push after a drug suspension and doesn't restart it for a decade and counting.

Can we get better stooges, please?

Edit: Can I also say that using black wrestlers to launder negative opinions about opposing white wrestlers is some truly disgusting shyt to me? Deeply cynical on all levels.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Punk was the hottest thing in the company until hhh had to stick his nose into business and beat him at noc . He does have a point that punk did seem a bit entitled tho:yeshrug:

tumblr_n99t6hTDgF1szvd2fo3_400.gif

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
The Awesome Truth angle did have some steam but again, this goes back to WWE fumbling one of their hottest angles with Punk...

Why the fukk did they think pairing Punk and HHH together after Night of Champions (when it was originally supposed to be Nash/Punk anyway:mjlol:) was a good idea?

The way they fumbled that angle is still crazy to me

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The Awesome Truth angle did have some steam but again, this goes back to WWE fumbling one of their hottest angles with Punk...

Why the fukk did they think pairing Punk and HHH together after Night of Champions (when it was originally supposed to be Nash/Punk anyway:mjlol:) was a good idea?

The way they fumbled that angle is still crazy to me

They literally could've done the effort to have both Punk AND Awesome Truth as heavily pushed programs that were running along, boosting the cards and house shows. But of course that's impossible for WWE :pachaha: