R-Truth not a fan of CM Punk

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I can see where Truth is coming from here given Punk's momentum absolutely killed what was going on with Truth at the time (then again he just would have been fed into the InCenarator a couple more times anyways before moving back down the card). At the same time though, Awesome Truth in no way, shape or form was a hotter movement than what was going on with Punk post-pipe bomb. IIRC Awesome Truth only lasted a couple months, jobbed to Cena/Rock and ended because it was Truth who got busted for a wellness violation and was suspended.

To be honest, Punk should've been gone from MITB 2011 to NOC 2011, creating all types of fukkery outside of WWE and trolling whoever ended up "interim" champ (who should've been crowned at Summerslam, Rey was a good option).

Then he wins at NOC and comes back as the true/real WWE champion.

Now, who could've stepped up and done a good/big program with Punk at the time besides Cena? I honestly don't know. One would've hoped that in the 2 months he would've been off TV doing his Summer of Punk shtick, someone could've emerged to make shyt interesting during the Fall.

Different thread for a different day, but yea, WWE fukked up that storyline badly.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Because the statement has no connection to reality. At that point, there are two options: either the person giving the opinion is too stupid/blind/what have you to see what's right in front of them, or it's in their interest in some fashion to blatantly lie about the situation they're speaking on (for the record, Roman was mostly not lying when he took his shot, but he still sounds very bitter about "make Roman look really strong." Booker both never liked Punk and is blatantly lying for WWE's sake). I don't believe Truth is stupid, so I'm going with the second option.

I don't really care that he said it, but I am going to give my opinion on it because I don't like blatantly, verifiably false statements in any context. :manny:
Or it's just the typical posturing that you see a lot of in this industry. Of course he's going to pump himself up over the dude who trash talked him at the time. Punk was a dikk. He's good at what he does, but he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Truth is one of the most genuine dudes in this industry, so if you got on his bad side, that is saying something about you.

These dudes speaking their truth doesn't mean they're being directed to by Vince or that they're stooges (I hate this word). Roman was asked a question. Booker comments on everything wrestling related and Truth was responding to a tiktok video somebody posted of Punk trashing him (he is always on there interacting with people).

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Bullshyt this was fire.

Thought truth was gonna finally get his run. My nikka beat the cameraman :laff:

Werent yall calling Miz 'Ice Cold' Mike Mizanin or some shyt at the time? It got shytted on in TSC breh. Everyone fukked with Truth's turn but not "bad ass" Mike Mizanin. And the subsequent match with Cena and Rock didnt draw like Vince wanted to so it couldnt have been that popular

Daps
Reppin
LDN
Werent yall calling Miz 'Ice Cold' Mike Mizanin or some shyt at the time? It got shytted on in TSC breh. Everyone fukked with Truth's turn but not "bad ass" Mike Mizanin. And the subsequent match with Cena and Rock didnt draw like Vince wanted to so it couldnt have been that popular

:russ: I don’t remember that shyt at all

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

Who gives a shyt about miz. Truth was on fire that whole year. Conspiracy truth was fire too.

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
Truth & Roman are close so I wonder if he's just fukking around :mjlol:

Punk is a dikkhead though so it's probably real heat :dead:

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
:yeshrug:Awesome Truth was the shyt and if they were to add Christian to the mix, the fukkery would be more potent than Punk's smark mark promos:wow:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
My only question is why wait until 7 years after the fact, the timing is awfully convenient.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
If Miz can be a multi time champion R Truth should have been got a title run. At least give dude a fukking shot :beli: he has done whatever :trash: fukkery Vince ask of him and make it 1000 times better. As far as Punk his opinion is his opinion, ill take Punk over him all day.

This. Hell Jinder was champ for 170 days. They could’ve gave it to Truth.