RAW 12/23/19 sets record non-holiday low in viewership

MercuryHayes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Stationed in Antarctica, Coldest Niggga Alive
This thread has been made every year since 2011 :mjlol:

Im not watching, but i was never asked if im watching either. How can they accurately identify who’s watching what if they don’t have proper analytics?

ratings is a flawed system and always has been.. that’s why i never take them serious.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
He left out Chrissy (w/ Kimbella in her corner) vs Yandy

Yea u read that right

Chrissy & kimbella are cool now??

man, they were promoting the hell out of this show on regular TV stations. I knew it was gonna do numbers.

I was even thinking about watching it, cuz I used to watch those first couple seasons with jim jones, olivia and the rest of that OG cast. are they all back??

This thread has been made every year since 2011

Im not watching, but i was never asked if im watching either. How can they accurately identify who’s watching what if they don’t have proper analytics?

ratings is a flawed system and always has been.. that’s why i never take them serious.

I agree.

I especially laugh at when they try to break it down into demos.

its messing with vince's money tho, accurate or not.

Last edited:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
WWE RAW Sets New Record Low Viewership On Christmas Week - Wrestling Inc.

Monday's taped WWE RAW episode on the USA Network, featuring Seth Rollins vs. WWE United States Champion Rey Mysterio in the main event, drew an average of 1.835 million viewers, according to Showbuzz Daily.

This is down 10.6% from last week's 2.053 million viewers for the post-TLC show, which was the lowest non-holiday RAW viewership in show history at that point. Monday's show, airing the night before Christmas Week, would break that record for a new low.

For this week's show, the first hour drew 1.955 million viewers (last week's hour 1 - 2.204 million), the second hour drew 1.864 million viewers (last week's hour 2 - 2.099 million) and the final hour drew 1.686 million viewers (last week's hour 3 - 1.858 million).

This is the lowest third hour viewership of all-time.

RAW was #12 for the night in viewership on cable, for the second week in a row, behind the NFL's Monday Night Football game on ESPN, Monday Night Kickoff, SportsCenter at midnight, Holiday Baking special, Hannity Special, The Five, Tucker Carlson Tonight, Special Report, The Ingraham Angle, FOX and Friends, and The Story. The NFL MNF game between the Packers and the Vikings topped the night in viewership and the 18-49 demographic with 13.566 million viewers, and a 3.58 rating in the 18-49 demographic. RAW was #5 in the 18-49 demographic on the Cable Top 150 this week, with an average 0.52 rating, behind the NFL game, Monday Night Kickoff, SportsCenter, Love & Hip-Hop.

The Same Time, Next Christmas special on ABC drew 2.504 million viewers on broadcast TV in the 8pm hour while Price Is Right drew 5.882 million viewers on CBS, the Holiday special drew 2.389 million viewers on NBC, 911 drew 2.077 million viewers on Fox and CW's Christmas Caroler special drew 565,000 viewers, all in the 8pm hour on broadcast TV.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
WWE RAW Sets New Record Low Viewership On Christmas Week - Wrestling Inc.

Monday's taped WWE RAW episode on the USA Network, featuring Seth Rollins vs. WWE United States Champion Rey Mysterio in the main event, drew an average of 1.835 million viewers, according to Showbuzz Daily.

This is down 10.6% from last week's 2.053 million viewers for the post-TLC show, which was the lowest non-holiday RAW viewership in show history at that point. Monday's show, airing the night before Christmas Week, would break that record for a new low.

For this week's show, the first hour drew 1.955 million viewers (last week's hour 1 - 2.204 million), the second hour drew 1.864 million viewers (last week's hour 2 - 2.099 million) and the final hour drew 1.686 million viewers (last week's hour 3 - 1.858 million).

This is the lowest third hour viewership of all-time.

RAW was #12 for the night in viewership on cable, for the second week in a row, behind the NFL's Monday Night Football game on ESPN, Monday Night Kickoff, SportsCenter at midnight, Holiday Baking special, Hannity Special, The Five, Tucker Carlson Tonight, Special Report, The Ingraham Angle, FOX and Friends, and The Story. The NFL MNF game between the Packers and the Vikings topped the night in viewership and the 18-49 demographic with 13.566 million viewers, and a 3.58 rating in the 18-49 demographic. RAW was #5 in the 18-49 demographic on the Cable Top 150 this week, with an average 0.52 rating, behind the NFL game, Monday Night Kickoff, SportsCenter, Love & Hip-Hop.

The Same Time, Next Christmas special on ABC drew 2.504 million viewers on broadcast TV in the 8pm hour while Price Is Right drew 5.882 million viewers on CBS, the Holiday special drew 2.389 million viewers on NBC, 911 drew 2.077 million viewers on Fox and CW's Christmas Caroler special drew 565,000 viewers, all in the 8pm hour on broadcast TV.

:huhldup:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
This thread has been made every year since 2011 :mjlol:

TV Long View: A Guide to the Ever-Expanding World of Ratings Data

The Nielsen ratings are calculated based on a sample of 40,000 homes and about 100,000 people that's demographically representative of the population as a whole. It's a small fraction of the 120 million or so homes with TV, but also a lot more than, say, a typical political poll that surveys just a couple thousand people.

So if a bruh around your age, race, and class watches RAW, AEW, NXT, or SD you're pretty much counted anyway. Ratings were never meant to be an accurate number of viewers, they were just meant for advertisers to see where they should best use their money to catch the eye of consumers.

Basically glorified exit polls but people live and die by those after elections too.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
They'd be pulling in 5 Million a night if they followed my blueprint and gave me the book.

One male singles title on RAW just doesn't work. 3 hours doesn't work.

And the sad thing is they're having some good matches. Rey vs Seth was good, Orton vs AJ was good.

Aleister vs Murphy has been good, same for Humberto vs Andrade.

There just isn't a pecking order, that titles provide, so feuds can seem aimless.

WWE needs restructuring top to bottom, starting with Vince's responsibilities.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
:dead:

They wouldn’t even pull 4 mil weekly in today’s world. Wrestling viewership been declining EVERY year. :mjlol:

:wow:When that glorious day where wrestling itself finally dies in favorite for some LEGIT sports like MMA, all will be good in the world.

• Wrestling fans can finally cut their beards
  • Take a bath
  • Raise a family
  • Be athletic
  • Take up some meaningful shyt like photography or acting
:yeshrug:The skies the limit if we can just accept that the shyt is fake and will never go back to the good ole days.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
:wow:When that glorious day where wrestling itself finally dies in favorite for some LEGIT sports like MMA, all will be good in the world.

• Wrestling fans can finally cut their beards
  • Take a bath
  • Raise a family
  • Be athletic
  • Take up some meaningful shyt like photography or acting
:yeshrug:The skies the limit if we can just accept that the shyt is fake and will never go back to the good ole days.

tenor.gif

:dead:

On the real, Rasslin will never die. :ld:

Long Live The Neckbeard. :mjgrin: