Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Please read this book......

9781844677702_Invention_white_race_2-17cf3175c2f2b098ebf4011de7487195.jpg

There is a historical reason and rationale behind how dark-skinned Black people are treated vs. light-skinned Black people.

Instead of perpetuating an old prejudice created to support White Supremacy, learn where it came from so you can denounce it's validity in our community.​

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
only black people treat light skin people special. They are still ******s to cacs. That's why so many light skin folks were riders. Malcolm, Huey, Thurgood, Booker T, etc.
It’s been stated in multiple historical documentation that lighter skin had “preferential” treatment, but were still treated badly nonetheless. That mentality carried over.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
only black people treat light skin people special. They are still ******s to cacs. That's why so many light skin folks were riders. Malcolm, Huey, Thurgood, Booker T, etc.

If this is true then how do you explain studies that show dark skin people get lower grades in school than their lighter counter parts, get heavier prison sentences and are less likely to be employed even when they have the same qualifications?

Daps
Please read this book......

9781844677702_Invention_white_race_2-17cf3175c2f2b098ebf4011de7487195.jpg

There is a historical reason and rationale behind how dark-skinned Black people are treated vs. light-skinned Black people.

Instead of perpetuating an old prejudice created to support White Supremacy, learn where it came from so you can denounce it's validity in our community.​

You kno niccas dont read :stopitslime:

Daps
If this is true then how do you explain studies that show dark skin people get lower grades in school than their lighter counter parts, get heavier prison sentences and are less likely to be employed even when they have the same qualifications?

Grades correlates to home teachings from parent(s), and peers. If a mf ain't reading or doing they work that's on them. We gone need an example of that prison sentence shyt. And I'm lightskin and done applied at about 40 50 companies online and only got hit bac by about 4 or 5, and only 1 was fuccin wit me even tho I went bac to school to further my education. Which is why that type of shyt make niccas go bac to tha streets or start they own company somehow. So miss us wit that pushed narrative

Superstar
Daps
What I do want to highlight is the prevailing thought that most of the black men being lynched at the time under accusations of rape were light skin men.
i don't think that's what the quote meant.

he added that line to point out wm's relations with bw made it hypocritical of them to lynch bm/mixed men for having relations with ww

"They are careless of their conduct toward them and our experience teaches us that the women of that race are not any more particular in the matter of clandestine meetings with colored men than are the white men with colored women. Meetings of this kind go on for some time until the woman’s infatuation, or the man’s boldness, bring attention to them, and the man is lynched for rape. Every Negro lynched is called a “big burly, black brute,” when in fact many of those who have thus been dealt with had white men for their fathers"

Last edited:
Daps
It’s been stated in multiple historical documentation that lighter skin had “preferential” treatment, but were still treated badly nonetheless. That mentality carried over.

You kno niccas be selective history quoters

Why

Superstar
Daps
We def see tha same shyt darkskins see being lightskin. But we get more hate from darkskin mfs cuz majority of them hate they complexion then they impregnate all tha lightskin broads just to have lightskin babies and leave them to be single mothers.

Yet lightskin niccas accept yall color :yeshrug: no business born rat soup eatin mfs
:dead:brehhhhh

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Grades correlates to home teachings from parent(s), and peers. If a mf ain't reading or doing they work that's on them. We gone need an example of that prison sentence shyt. And I'm lightskin and done applied at about 40 50 companies online and only got hit bac by about 4 or 5, and only 1 was fuccin wit me even tho I went bac to school to further my education. Which is why that type of shyt make niccas go bac to tha streets or start they own company somehow. So miss us wit that pushed narrative

Commentator Deborah Mathis looks at what role skin shade, and not just race, plays in prison sentencing. A new study shows darker-skinned African-Americans receive harsher sentences than their lighter-skinned counterparts. Deborah Mathis is a syndicated columnist and a professor at the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University.
NPR Choice page
Analyses of National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health (Add Health) and Adolescent Health and Academic Achievement (AHAA) data show significant skin-tone differences in grade point average (GPA) both across and within racial groups, with darker skinned tone individuals receiving significantly lower grades than their lighter skinned tone counterparts.
SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals

a study indicates that dark-skinned African-Americans face a distinct disadvantage when applying for jobs, even if they have resumes superior to lighter-skinned black applicants.
Skin tone more important than educational background for African Americans seeking jobs
Regardless of race, adopting parents prefer to adopt a light-skinned child. A 1999 study at the Institute of Black Parenting, a Los Angeles adoption agency, showed that as many as 40 percent of the African-American couples expressed a preference for a light-skinned or mixed-race child, regardless of their own complexion
The US adoption system discriminates against darker-skinned children

Last edited: