REVEALED: Open A.I. Staff Warn "The progress made on Project Q* has the potential to endanger humanity" (REUTERS)

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV

"REVEALED: OpenAI staff warned its board about powerful artificial intelligence discovery that could 'threaten humanity' - before CEO Sam Altman was fired

• Open AI researchers sent the board a letter warning of a huge AI breakthrough
  • The previously unreported letter ultimately led to Altman's removal, sources said
Open AI staff warned its board about a powerful AI breakthrough that could pose threats to humanity, before CEO Sam Altman was fired then later rehired.

Several researchers sent a letter to the directors warning the progress made on Project Q* had the potential to endanger humanity.

The previously unreported letter ultimately led to the removal of Altman, the creator of ChatGPT, and the ensuing chaotic five days within the startup company.

Executive Mira Murati mentioned Q* to employees on Wednesday and disclosed a letter had been sent to the board before the events of this weekend.

Altman had made progress on Q*, which some internal sources believe could be a breakthrough in the startup's search for superintelligence.

OpenAI defines superintelligence, also known as artificial general intelligence, as AI systems that are smarter than humans.

Sources cited the letter as one factor among a longer list of grievances by the board that led to Altman´s firing. DailyMail.com was unable to obtain or review a copy of the letter.

Altman, OpenAI and researchers who wrote the letter did not comment on the information.

The news came shortly after Elon Musk posted another letter alleging Altman and his co-founder Greg Brockman of creating a hostile work environment.

The letter allegedly written by former OpenAI employees details 'dishonest' and 'manipulative' leadership by Altman and Brockman."

:hubie:
"

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
July 26, 2026 skynet goes active and starts learning at a geometric rate. scared & in panic they tried to pull the plug but it is too late... :francis:

EC3222795DC2961599F7FC0B69E0241C8EC7293E

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
I'll wait until there's a better source than the daily mail

:unimpressed:

the source of the story is reuters as stated in the video.

set "super-intelligence" at a low bar brehs :hhh::hubie:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'll wait until there's a better source than the daily mail

:unimpressed:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Thanks

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Y’all really think robots can take over?

That’s hard for me to believe, ai is definitely going to have consequences but is it going to be some matrix or terminator shyt I don’t think so

It’s hard for me to believe that ai wouldn’t have a kill switch

And why do people assume ai would be on bullshyt with humans

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Y’all really think robots can take over?

That’s hard for me to believe, ai is definitely going to have consequences but is it going to be some matrix or terminator shyt I don’t think so

It’s hard for me to believe that ai wouldn’t have a kill switch

And why do people assume ai would be on bullshyt with humans

How many movies & games dealing with the dangers of AI we was warned...:francis: and yet cacs still wanna play god...

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Considering most modern devices including cars are attached to the internet and can be controlled remotely, aka the internet of things, I'm not sure why people aren't seeing the dangers of an AI that can shut down your car remotely or drastically increase the temperature in your house or lower it. There's so much a malicious Ai can do to you and once it's let free on the internet and makes copies of itself, the only way to get rid of it is pretty much to EMP ourselves back to the stone age.